shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I make these pieces beautiful & modern again?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I inherited an emerald/diamond necklace & ring when I graduated college last May. Although I do love them as they are, both settings are white gold (and yellowing quite a bit at this point) & in not so great shape. I think it''d be best if I completely redid both of them.

When I look closely at the emerald that is in the ring - it appears to have a large inclusion running down the middle of it. My mom had it appraised so many years ago I''m not sure she even has it anymore, but I don''t know if it compromises the integrity of the stone at all.

My original plan was to take the round emerald from the necklace & put it into a ring with pear diamond sides, but then my friend suggested that I use the melee that is already in the necklace & perhaps due a split shank or something where I can use the existing stones.

So any suggestions would be great!

Pictures of the pieces can be found here: Emeralds

Thanks in advance!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Danielle,
lucky you to get such lovely gifts!!
based on the pics, I would leave the pendant the way it is, just get it rhodiumed. It looks great already (I think.)

The ring, I would look into a split shank using the existing stones, if it''s possible and not tooo expensive.... or how about using the diamonds and making eternity bands......... hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results