shape
carat
color
clarity

High Point Furniture (North Carolina)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
Anyone familiar or shopped at this furniture central before?
I was told that you can get a significant saving by shopping there.
For some reasons, the stores there do not give price quotes over the phone unless you've been in their stores.
Anyway, my problem here is that I live on the west coast, so that would mean I would need to spend time and money to get out there.
My question is if the cost saving is significant enough for me to make the trip?
Roughly, how much saving of retail do you get?

Thanks in advance.

lili

Ideal_Rock
8.gif
No responses.
Oh well. Guess I''ll just have to find out myself.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lili.......High Point is to furniture, what 47th Street in NY is to jewelry. It is mile after mile after mile of furniture options and yes, you can save some money. The real advantage is being able to see so many furniture options at one time. And they are completely comfortable shipping anywhere in the US.

I hope this helps...........

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
The answer is actually NO...

I was a furniture rep that worked at the Markets and with many of the companies that sell in Highpoint. Because of your location, prices, gas and shipping, I would say that you are probably not going to save much. It is a lot of hype. There are some things that you can save on... but in your situation, I would be suprised if you saved a ton.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Rod and MINE!!

I'll have to investigate more on this.
Thank you for your responses by the way.
I thought that with the huge demographic on PS that perhaps more people would repond.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure thing.....and you couldn''t have gotten two more different responses either!!
28.gif
I''d like to clarify that I don''t speak from personal experience. I''ve never personally bought furniture in High Point, but I live in pretty upscale digs and many of our neighbors (Tampa, FL - so not that far from the Carolinas) swear by the shopping trips they''ve made there. Maybe, they just think they''re getting great deals. But, they''re pretty enthusiastic about their experiences.

Good luck to you........

lili

Ideal_Rock
5.gif
Yeah, so I''m basically right where I started.
Thanks again for the added info though. It is good to know that some people are happy with their purchases there.
Anyway, my husband and I decide to go ahead and venture out there. If there is a huge saving to be had, we''ll be able to furnish our home
immediately and I may not have to wait too long for a ring upgrade
41.gif
If it is really a huge hype, we''ll just chalk this trip as a little getaway.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
If I may, I would suggest Furniture Land south and seeing if you can find and enter the Vermont Percision showroom.

Good Luck!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
In general you save about 30% off retail. You usually have to pay a lot of shipping out of state. From the West Coast I doubt it is worth it unless you plan to buy a lot of really expensive furniture. There are a lot of nice stores and good options there.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2006 9:48:13 PM
Author: lili
5.gif
Yeah, so I''m basically right where I started.
Thanks again for the added info though. It is good to know that some people are happy with their purchases there.
Anyway, my husband and I decide to go ahead and venture out there. If there is a huge saving to be had, we''ll be able to furnish our home
immediately and I may not have to wait too long for a ring upgrade
41.gif
If it is really a huge hype, we''ll just chalk this trip as a little getaway.
Well look at this way.......High Point is next to Asheville, NC., and is a really lovely place to visit.

And what''s this you say? Ring Upgrade or expensive sectional? Hmmmm, no contest. This is afterall a diamond forum. I''d go for the ring upgrade and let your guests enjoy the bare floor. Just kidding. Have a good trip and I hope you find loads of goodies that are just right for your home.

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
I lived in High Point for 2 years. The best deal I got was right after the fall furniture market (which is not open to the public). Usually right after some of the showrooms may advertise in the paper and open to the public for about a week. I got a $1000+ armoire/wardrobe for $300 and the matching dresser for $300. They are Palliser. We never had any luck at the other stores around town and they usually make you buy the whole set as opposed to just a bed or just the sofa.

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
If you go I say try to time it just after either the fall or the spring market.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 10:21:12 PM
Author: MINE!!
If I may, I would suggest Furniture Land south and seeing if you can find and enter the Vermont Percision showroom.

Good Luck!!
MINE!!

will do. we are planning on spending 3 days there. hopefully we won''t be spending the whole time looking for furnitures.
it will be a bit difficult for both of us since we really don''t know what our style is. this is the first time as home owners.
we''ve been living off my husband''s bachelor pad for the last 3 years.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 10:32:37 PM
Author: gailrmv
In general you save about 30% off retail. You usually have to pay a lot of shipping out of state. From the West Coast I doubt it is worth it unless you plan to buy a lot of really expensive furniture. There are a lot of nice stores and good options there.
gailrmv,
yes, we are aware of that. some companies have better shipping charges than others.
we will factor that in and see. i don''t really know if the brand that we like is considered average or expensive in terms of cost.
we are planning on furnishing our entire house....so that''s quite a number of pieces.

lili

Ideal_Rock
rod,
hehe, i can''t make my guests sit on the floor.
but i can make my husband sleep on the floor if we hold off on the bedroom furniture :)

anyway, thanks for the tip on asheville. we were wondering what there is go do over there.
will check that place out if we are not too consumed with shopping.

lili

Ideal_Rock
doxiemom,
unfortunately, we desperately need furniture, so we can''t really plan our trip there.
thanks for the tip though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results