shape
carat
color
clarity

Best. Perfume. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap! I was going into Saks on my lunch break today to drool at the Marc Jacobs purses (my FI calls it looking at purse ****) when I found the MOST amazing perfume ever!!!

I am super picky about perfume...I get headaches very easily and don''t like most of them...

However...I found this scent called the Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9...and I about died in the store. Honestly, my favorite perfume I''ve ever smelled.

Light, citrus-y, but still with some OOmpf. I''m telling you. Best. Perfume. Ever.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i need to try this one!! i''ve won bond no.9 chelsea flowers for a while now...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I read about it and want to smell! I''ll have to visit saks...don''t think they have it at bloomies....is it very citrus? I happen to Love Blue by Ralph Lauren...it''s the only one I stick with...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been wearing Angel for 13 years now (yikes! can you say Dee Jay''s in a RUT!?) and I''ve been considering a change. I think I''ll check this out!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will have to take a whiff!! I finally retired the scent I have worn for the past decade + (Chloe Narcisse) and have started wearing Bulgari Omnia Crystalline for the last 8 months (yummy, light scent). I''m addicted to it. But I''m always on the lookout.
2.gif
I wanted to love Sarah Jessica Parker''s Lovely, but the scent goes away in like, 2 seconds. No staying power.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I''m so going to need to smell it asap!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
It has a nice citrus smell, I believe grapefruit undertones, and lilly of the valley and some black currant. I sprayed some on my wrist at Saks at lunch and I can still smell it right now, 6 hours later. Supposedly, its staying power is one of the benefits of the brand...

AND when you get it, you get a postcard that you fill out and you get samples of their new perfumes before they come and two "scent surprises" a year. I''m jazzed!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I believe that they only sell it at Saks, and the Bond stores. I am in LOVE. :)

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay - how cool - I''m also an Angel gal. I just love the cool bottles. My boyfriend was the one that introduced me to Angel - he always tells me that I smell like caramel. How cute!

I''m very excited to smell the Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9 - wish I lived in the US. I wonder if you can order it online?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link - you are so fast. Just wondering, do they make different bottle colours with the same perfume?

0426645655199_275x275.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2006 7:22:08 PM
Author: Ries
Dee*Jay - how cool - I'm also an Angel gal. I just love the cool bottles. My boyfriend was the one that introduced me to Angel - he always tells me that I smell like caramel. How cute!

I'm very excited to smell the Scent of Peace by Bond No. 9 - wish I lived in the US. I wonder if you can order it online?
A couple weeks ago I was at the dentist and the hygienst said "you smell SO good!" in mid-floss. Almost made me forget they just told me I was going to have an emergency root canal in less than 4 hours!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK. I SOOO Love Grapefruit. LOVE black currant. Love Lilly of the Val.
I was JUST in saks too!!! Darn!!! I''m in!

Although I LOVE my RL Blue too!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
They make a number of different fragrances...most of them are named after parts of NYC.

I''m totally hooked!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I spent last Sat. at the Houston Galleria perfume shopping. My nose!! I wanted to check out the Bond scents at Saks, but there was a crowd around the table, so I passed it up. After a day of "smelling" I had it down to the new Armani and to the new Cartier DeLices (sp). I ended up buying the Cartier, perfume, bath gel and lotion, 194.00 at Neimans. Guess what, I can''t stand it now. It is so strong! Lord, I wish I had bought the Armani.

I''ve been wearing Trouble and Allure, both strong scents. I also love Armani Mania.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

It sounds fab--and has all the notes that I love and wear.....will check it out next time I am at Holts....

BTW--Ann; I found the new scent by Lancome (Hypnotic) quite similar to the new Armani...did you get a whiff of that one? I bought it (Lancome) and love it.

cheers--Sharon

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 4:14:12 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I've been wearing Angel for 13 years now (yikes! can you say Dee Jay's in a RUT!?) and I've been considering a change. I think I'll check this out!
Ooooh I love Angel too... but my most recent obsession is Calvin Klein Euphoria... sort of similar to Angel in being a deeper, richer scent. Just in case you wanted some other options!
1.gif

ETA: Have you tried any of the Angel variations they have now? I've seen Peony, Lily, and Violet... and they were all pretty good!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I wear Angel on occasion as well, but my all time staple perfume would have to be Tova signature from QVC. Love it and everytime I wear it someone always comments how nice I smell.

I will have to check out this one though as you always have to keep your options open.

BTW, does anyone know of any coconut banana-ish suntan oil smelling scent out there. I love the way suntan oils smell, reminds me of summer, but I hate the yucky greasy feeling.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
my favorite these days is Narciso Rodriguez Musc For Her. It is $$$, $150/ 1.6 oz, but it is long lasting and so fresh and clean smelling. I get compliments on it all the time. A must-try next time you guys are at Nordies.

eta: butterfly, check out the Comptoir Sud Pacifique line for vanille coco. it is a wonderful coconut-vanilla scent. I also love their vanille banane and vanille abricot. soo yummy!

if you want a more beachy type scent, smell Bobbi Brown Beach. It really smells like suntan lotion, a little ocean salty spray, very clean and definitely beachy. :)

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I wear J''Adore when I''m feeling sexy. I think the last time I wore it was about three years ago.
8.gif

Every not sexy day, I wear Lune du Miele, by Fragonard. I bought my first bottle in 1995 and now have to order it directly from France on their website. It sounds similar to this Bond perfume you mention. It''s light and lovely but warm and comfy too. It''s the kind of lovely scent I want my kids to remember hugging.

I''ll be near a Saks tomorrow...I''ll have to go give the Bonds scents the sniff test!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
ACK! Just went to the Saks website...That''s pricey stuff...

I''ve never gone that deep in the hole for perfume. But I guess there''s always a first time....
31.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Me either Wallermama...but I loved it that much...I was drunk with perfume deliciousness!!!

I decided it was my early birthday present to me! Yay ME!!!!

debi wexler

Rough_Rock
I thought I would chime in here. Although, I am a huge Estee Lauder Collector, I love the smell of the classic Channel No. 5
face23.gif
. Besides Pricescope, below is my favorite lurking channel. Does anybody else collect solids?
http://www.solidperfume.com/

debi wexler

Rough_Rock
I''ve been wearing Trouble and Allure, both strong scents. I also love Armani Mania.

Ann, Allure smells terrific too. Sometimes the same scent can smell great on one person but not another due to body chemistry. I love shopping at the perfume counter at NM in the Galleria to) Unfortunately I don''t have much time to do so.
face7.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 6:59:57 PM
Author: wallermama
ACK! Just went to the Saks website...That''s pricey stuff...

I''ve never gone that deep in the hole for perfume. But I guess there''s always a first time....
31.gif
I do ebay for my perfume purchases....much cheaper!!! After buying my new scent full price at NM last Christmas...when I finished it I ebayed it. Got 2 for the price I paid for the first one!!!!!

debi wexler

Rough_Rock
Firegoddess, do you buy estee lauder on Ebay? That''s usually how I buy them. It''s a lot more fun and less expensive.
emgift.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a HUGE fan of Bhorghese''s Il Bacio...but it''s sold in discount stores now so I guess that means it''s "out." Whatever.
20.gif
I always get lots of compliments when I wear it, which is seldom, but stilll....I love it! For an everyday during the summer especially, I love Escada''s Island Kiss (again not this season, but again, WHATEVER), it smells lovely on me and I would gladly wear it for the rest of my life, lol!

I am just one of those "signature scent" gals, I think...Estee Lauder''s Beautiful was my favorite in high school and college.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Well. NOW I KNOW.

I went to Saks. I knocked a few people down to get to *the tray*. And I almost had a Bonds No. 9 induced panic attack. I don''t even know my way around the REAL Manhattan, much less the perfume versions of it. So I got a laminated sheet that was supposed to help. It didn''t.

So I got Fragrance Therapy. I swear to god, those ladies are licensed fragrance psychoterapists.

"What do you like? Who do you want to be?" kind of questions got me going until I''m teary eyed and saying to perfect strangers, "I WANT THE KIND OF PERFUME THAT MY KIDS WILL REMEMBER SMELLING FOREVER. I want a signature scent. I want to make my husband smell my sweater when I''m not home and feel like calling me immediately on my cellphone to tell me how much he loves me."

"Yes, dear." she said.

So she walked me down Park Ave, past Fashion Ave, through Chinatown, Bleecker Street. The Scent of Peace and Chelsea Flowers got spritzed, and I got sent off my the Therapists to sniff and walk and "age" the perfume. They are freaking fabulous. I couldn''t and still can''t decide which I like better, but the Chelsea lasted longer on me, so I picked it.

But I cheated on my therapists, and bought off of Ebay
39.gif
. I just couldn''t shell out the cash for that bottle. And I had checked Ebay before I went so I knew what I could get it for.

So Chelsea Flowers is on its way
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to Saks tomorrow to try the Bond scents. One of my favorites is the Summer Opium that came out last summer, it is lighter on me and since I cannot wear Opium this one is good. I can even wear it in the winter because it is heavier. Also, I love Jhivago 24, which I have seen at Neimans. It has Bulgarian rose in it, and I literally get followed when I wear it so people can ask what it is. I love the fact that it is not a common scent. And it smells great on all the people I have ever gotten to try it...which is not that common. I love Clive Christain X and I love a lot of the ones by Creed...incredible scents.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 11:54:08 PM
Author: debi wexler
Firegoddess, do you buy estee lauder on Ebay? That''s usually how I buy them. It''s a lot more fun and less expensive.
emgift.gif
I use Guinot on my face and get that off skin-one.com. For makeup, I do the MAC thing, so I usually pay retail.
1.gif
However for my perfume (Bvlgari)....ebay it is!!! Ebay can be great for certain things, but I never go with high ticket items from there. Too risky!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results