shape
carat
color
clarity

Coolest ring pillow EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I saw this on: http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=Bouquets

And LOVED it, it''s amazing!

coolestpillow.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
THAT IS REALLY cool i used to work in a flower shop that made those they were a hit!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
by the way our avatars are so cute!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Garysbride, I love this pillow! Do you know what flower this is? And yes, our avatars are very cute! Every time I see yours I remember when ours slept like that. How''s he doing? I loved how they slept for hours in the oddest spots. I showed my fiance your puppy pics and he was like, "Oh!! Look at the wrinkled paw!" I miss that! Ours grew out of the wrinkled paws!
15.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Ha Ha Duketers is doing great hes really good in the crate now and were almost potty trained! I have more pictures of him i just need to load them up. about the flowers there name is on the tip of my tongue let me do some researching there as common flower acckk i dont know why i cant remember.
32.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Ok well im just going to guess I think the flowers are yellow chrysanthemums that are still in bloom if that makes sense thats probably why there small and greenish too. I never could remember all those flowers!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
They are called Pom-poms and you can have them dyed to any color. I love the lime green ones though. The best part is they are cheap and that picture looks like they used black straight pins to attach the flowers to a pillow or oasis. Very cute!

I love your little weiner dog avatars too! I grew up with le weens (as my family calls them) and my mom still has two. They are hilarious and so so so cute when they are little with all their wrinkle and stumbly walking! Awwww~

Garysbride- does yours still have puppy breath?

-Janna

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Too cool!

Makes me want to have a ringbearer at my wedding. Wait... we''re not inviting kids. Oh well!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
HA HA YES HE STILL HAS PUPPY BREATH ! you know i thought they were pom poms but i just wasntsure!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jorman and Garysbride! I love this idea, and I may steal it for our wedding. Pom poms, huh? I''ll have to remember that.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Amber,
That pillow is really cute and what a great idea to do yourself or assign to someone else! Seems easy enough to do, although I guess you''d have to get the flowers dyed by someone first. I''m already thinking ahead of ways to save money...once I get engaged, of course.
2.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/12/2006 2:37:37 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Too cool!

Makes me want to have a ringbearer at my wedding. Wait... we''re not inviting kids. Oh well!
Ha ha, me too! (Actually we are having kids - two flower girls - but no ring bearer.) It''s wrong for the groom to carry the rings up on a pompom pillow, right?
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, since our colors are wine,cream,gold and chocolate brown, I suppose it could be any color! Maybe wine flowers with a chocolate satin ribbon?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I vote for wine flowers with a gold ribbon!
9.gif
That pillow is too cute - DO IT!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hm... Wine and gold would be cute, too... Too many choices!!
23.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah- when you order them from the florist, request a color chart that you can pick from. They can either dye them before they arrive to the florist or the florist can spray dye them any color.
I love the wine pom pom idea with gold ribbon too.

You will probably need about 100 pom poms, but I would order 125 just in case come are ugly or squashed. About 4-6 good sized pom poms come on one stem, so you will need about 32 stems (if you round up). If you order them ahead of time, you should get a good locked price.
Don''t forget your straight pins!!! I bet you could find nice gold pins.

Send pictures if you do this!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, I second jorman''s gold pins idea! Now I really wish I had a ringbearer!
39.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I am verry excited about this! Sorry gals, the wedding isn''t until 11/07- but I may try a practice run!!
1.gif
I''ll need something to do this weekend, so who knows? Also, what would I put the flowers on? Foam? A real pillow? Ideas?

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I would recommend wet oasis.

Order your poms, and ask for a large block of wet oasis.

Cut the oasis (while it is dry) to the desired shape & thickness.
Fill your kitchen sink with cool water and set the oasis on top of the water.
It is important that you let it soak itself. Do NOT push the oasis into the water or hold it under.

Once soaked. Pull the oasis out of the water and let it drip. It should be fully saturated and slightly heavy.

In order to prevent your ring bearer from having a wet tux, I would wrap the oasis in a large ziplock before inserting the flowers. This will help deflect any water dripping.

Set the oasis on a large platter.

Cut the pom pom stems at an angle and leave about 1/2 inch to 1 inch of stem.
Stab the pom poms into the wet oasis and attach with a straight pin.

I advise going in a pattern one line at a time so that the entire block of oasis is covered. Cover front, back and all four sides.

Once covered tie your ribbon.

Refrigerate until ready to use.. The pom poms with last 2-3 days (sometimes longer) without rewatering.

You don''t have to cover the oasis in plastic, but could have the ring bearer carry the pillow on a plate or something to prevent water from dripping. Simply tie the ribbon around the plate too. This will keep the pillow from sliding all around.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
jorman, thank you so much! You have been a huge help with this pillow issue! I am really excited about this project. My first DIY!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
loooove it!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love that pillow! We''re not having a ringbearer, though...darn!

How do you get the rings "up there" without a bridal/groom party OR a ringbearer? Maybe I''ll just carry the pillow!
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oops, double post.
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, just strap it on Sally! That''s our other option, the dog. Luckily, we don''t need to use the poor guy, we have a plethora of nephews!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Like this?

Small_Dog_Ring_Pillow.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, I take it back, look at the poor dog''s face! I know that if it was Woofie, our dog, he''d have shaken that thing off in an instant, or flipped over on his back to remove it. I assume other dogs are more tolerant!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results