shape
carat
color
clarity

Backyard Nailpolish Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seattlebride

Rough_Rock
Well, after nearly five years (our anniversary is July 4th) my sweetheart finally took the plunge and asked me to marry on June 22nd. I''m just now getting around to the proposal story. I am just so excited. You should see the perma-grin, well actually I''m attaching a photo of it. The whole proposal was really sweet and endearing, funny and so very very Ty.

On the 22nd, I was planning to go on a run when I got home and Ty had taken the car. So, I called him and asked where he was and he said that he was running errands. So, since I had no car to get to Greenlake for my run, I decided to go on a bike ride. When I got home, I took a shower and started getting ready to go out to dinner. We had reservations at a newer Italian restaurant in our neighborhood. So, when he got home I had just finished taking off my toenail polish and was getting ready to paint my nails. Ty asked me if I wanted to do it outside on the back deck. I thought it was kinda strange, but oh well. Then he asked me if I wanted a drink before dinner, because he “sure did.” He poured himself a big glass of scotch and started pounding it. He was taking sips like every five seconds. I went out on the back deck and sat in one of our Adirondack chairs and he got down on both knees, told me that I was beautiful, and then took a drink of scotch. So I started painting my nails. I was halfway through one foot and he told me that the polish was beautiful. I thought that that was a really strange comment. More scotch drinking. He asked me what the color was, and I told him that it was “I’m not really a waitress” (my fave color). Then we kissed and he took another drink. So, I started painting the other foot. Finally, when I got done, and had the cap on the bottle. Tyler, still on his knees, leaned in and whispered in my ear, “Will you be my wife?” My response, of course, was “Are you serious, no, really, are you serious?” at which point he again said yes and said that I made him a better man and that he wanted to spend his life with me. I can’t remember the exact words because my mind was racing. He put out his hand and had the rings in it. I finally said yes, and got up and gave him a big smooch and hug. It was so crazy. And, before dinner, I even got a second coat of nail polish on. Then, started calling people like crazy. It was a wonderful evening, punctuated by good food, wine, and going to both our families houses to share the news. It made for a slow start the next morning.

I still can’t believe we’re engaged. It’s a trip. I keep looking down at my hand and shaking my head. I’m just sooooo happy. He let me put on the band at first too, but then took it back. He says he’s going to hide it (and actually it is now safely tucked in a safety deposit box). So, we’re talking about getting married, perhaps, in April, but we’re not really sure.

But, in other news, my FH is shipped out on Tuesday morning from Tacoma at 6:00 am for the summer. He has an internship on a Trident Seafoods pollock processor where he’ll be an engineer. Should be a good experience for him, but he likely won’t be back until mid-September. So, I’m both happy and sad. But, mostly just excited about our future together!

R and T on the lake.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t honestly say I''ve ever heard of a nailpolishing proposal before, so this takes the cake for most unusual
2.gif
You both look SO happy --- CONGRATULATIONS!!

jen
36.gif
36.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
what a fun story. Congrats to you both...oh and of course I adore your rings!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely takes the cake for original! I love that OPI color - definitely one of my faves. You should take a picture of your painted tootsies for posterity to go along with the proposal.
2.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, unusual proposal, but you''ll always have a wonderful memory every time you paint your nails, so that''s kind of nice. Proposals and engagements are such a wonderful time. CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results