shape
carat
color
clarity

High end Luxury sheets/bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, who has succombed to pleasures of lux bedding like Pratesi, Yves Delorme, Anchini ? I''ve probably misspelled every one of them, but ya''ll know what I mean!

I was in some showhouses in Austin this past weekend and every 4 million dollar home used bedding that was just gorgeous sheets and duvet covers. No matchy matching bedding ensembles. The sheeting felt fabulous.

I have searched the net and see lots, but is there a web site that is not full retail? I loved sleeping under a feather light down comforter while at a hotel this weekend and that too got me thinking about the high end bedding I kept seeing. I am redoing my daughter''s room now that she has graduated and out of the house.

Any suggestions?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Ann, Frontgate has some nice high thread count sheets and bedding and sometimes you can find things on sale. I have never personally bought from overstock.com, but I have heard from others that they have found some good prices on high quality bedding on their website.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
SK, yes I have bought from Overstock and was disappointed. I''ll look at Frontgate. From what I can tell, these high end sheets/ensembles are not sold just anywhere. Though I have seen the odd pillow case at Tuesday Morning or T j Max.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That''s good to know about overstock. The ones at Frontgate are not the name brands, but I have found the quality to be excellent.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial

Sorry I missed typed SK instead of SD. Please forgive me.

I have been looking at sheets and down pillows all day - whew - who knew there were so many choices!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Not a problem Ann. Let me know if you find anything wonderful!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve personally found some great bedding on Overstock... but usually after reading reviews first. Smartbargains.com is another good site for that sort of thing. Otherwise, I''ve gotten great high-quality linens (800+ thread count) from Tuesday Morning... maybe the one in my area is just better-stocked? Another option for B&M shopping might be a Springmaid-Wamsutta outlet, if you had one in your area...

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have any experience with Frette, Bellino or Sferra? I have Restoration Hardware Pardigm, which are very nice and not inexpensive, but was going to try one or two of the named or Anichini.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
www.Dewoolfson.com

I just rec''d 2 of their down pillows, oh, they are wonderful.

I ordered the medium and now I will order 2 in soft.

I am on a mission to upgrade our bed to pure bliss. The last 2 hotels I was in ( Four Seasons, Omni ) had fabulous bedding.

I have sheets now from Overstock that are 650ct., but honestly they are nothing special.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Which pillows did you order? It''s a wholesale site. Do you have a wholesale account?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
All those sheets are wonderfully soft. they are usually made of very fine Eqyptian cotton and have high thread counts. I have never seen them on a discount site but cannot say I have ever looked. There is also Sferra (Spanish?) and Frette (French) along with those you mentioned. They seem to get better with each washing...but just some research first. I love when the bed is not matchy, but some of these lines do really gorgeous damask tone on tones that blend well. You can also look at the high end catalogs and see if they have their own line of high end sheets, they also have good return policies...just in case you do not love them when you get them...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
the pillow site is not wholesale, I had no problem ordering.

I also ordered some Matouk towels from Neiman Marcus (Horchow), they were very nice. And free monograming.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
www.Dewoolfsonslinens.com

my mistake, sorry about that.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
OK, found the pillows. They look nice. I like firm pillows, so am considering the firm or even 50/50 mix.

I just returned from the Ritz Carlton. They use Frette. Way nicer than my Overstock 1000 and 1200 tc sheets. I am not a big fan of Overstock sheets.

I am ordering some Frette and Sferra. Will report when I get them.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you guys need to find a "Home Goods" if they have them in your states. the store blows your mind!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a hard core shopper, don''t think we have one here in the Houston area.

You guys in the NE get all the good stuff.

I''ll google them and see what comes up.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ha Ha!

we do have some! but they are located inside a MegaMarshalls.

I''ll check it out, for sure, thanks MMM

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
I have Overstock''s 1200 tc sheets. They are nice to sleep in but you have to iron them as they are pretty thick. The best ones are definitely Italian - Frette, Bellino & Pratesi. Let us know how your sheets turned out.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if Home Goods has different stock in different locations. I went to my local one and only found no name sheet sets.

I have ordered Frette, Sferra and Yves Delorme to test out.

aquarius4u

Rough_Rock
try Horchow at www.horchow.com. they have very nice duvet and sheet sets.sometimes they do offer free personalized embroidery . i use overstock and it is "hit or miss" type of deal. Tuesday morning does carry pretty nice things.good luck!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I just got 2 sets of the monogramed Motuk (sp) towels, (Horchow) wow, very nice.

They are not advertised as such, but they are. Did my research!

We are afraid to use them, they are like big ol'' cotton balls.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Ann,

Thanks for the lead on Dewoolfson. They are making me pillows with extra stuffing. I like ex-firm down pillows. They are so friendly and fast. I was also not aware of Anichini and Yeves Delorme. I ordered 1 Yves Delorme Triomphe sheet to try. It''s fantastic. A new Anichini duvet is on the way as well.

Anyone ever try Peacock Alley?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i am spoiled by irish linen sheets from fergeson''s irish linen in belfast. i order a pair every two years. then I use the old thin linen for costuming.

that may be spelled fergusons.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
(please excuse the small hijack)
20.gif

cool lk! i love costuming. i''ve only recently begun and am self taught but i think (most)
2.gif
everything comes out pretty good. (even though it might take a million craze inducing tries... i don''t give up!) i use lots of linen for dresses that i take on my jaunts to trf and scarborough.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
belle - are you going to queens champion/ and the masked ball in dallas this saturday?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2006 11:10:09 PM
Author: noobie
Ann,

Thanks for the lead on Dewoolfson. They are making me pillows with extra stuffing. I like ex-firm down pillows. They are so friendly and fast. I was also not aware of Anichini and Yeves Delorme. I ordered 1 Yves Delorme Triomphe sheet to try. It''s fantastic. A new Anichini duvet is on the way as well.

Glad to be of help. I just found my box from DeWoolfson on the front porch. I ordered 2 more pillows, love ''em.
I have been researching all this and have found some interesting reading. Some of the high thread sheets are actually not as high thread as they claim. It is all very confusing, but I''m not falling for the stuff on Overstock or SmartBargains again. Not worth it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 9:52:00 PM
Author: Ann
Date: 7/23/2006 11:10:09 PM
Author: noobie

Ann,

Glad to be of help. I just found my box from DeWoolfson on the front porch. I ordered 2 more pillows, love ''em.

I have been researching all this and have found some interesting reading. Some of the high thread sheets are actually not as high thread as they claim. It is all very confusing, but I''m not falling for the stuff on Overstock or SmartBargains again. Not worth it.
which pillows did yall order? which fill?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 9:43:15 PM
Author: ladykemma
belle - are you going to queens champion/ and the masked ball in dallas this saturday?
unfortunately, no. i''m not from the area and only make the trip a couple of times a year. usually april/may or oct/nov. during faire time.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 12:18:22 AM
Author: belle

unfortunately, no. i''m not from the area and only make the trip a couple of times a year. usually april/may or oct/nov. during faire time.
might i assume that these are references to ren faire and/or related activities?

movie zombie

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 2:15:08 AM
Author: movie zombie

Date: 7/28/2006 12:18:22 AM
Author: belle

might i assume that these are references to ren faire and/or related activities?

movie zombie
yes, threadjack about SCA activites this weekend.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results