shape
carat
color
clarity

Forrest fire messgin up my proposal what to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
To start I live in arizona

We stayed at a beautiful resort in sedona called the amara creekside resort at one point in time. The plan was we were going to go up there for a day trip next week (she knows we are doing this but she has no idea i have a ring) anyway we were planning on eating at the amara becuase we have a giftcert from our last stay that expires in july then we where going to go home...Thats what she thinks

Whats really happeneing is we are going up there for the day trip (with pink jeep tours) and we were going to take a tour. Up to rim country. The let you get out and walk around two times during the trip. Well I was going to give her the camcorder and have her film one of the times we were out than I would quickly pull out the ring and say "Honey look at this rock I found" then drop to one knee telling her i love you and asking will you marry me. Then we would finish the tour and head back to the hotel which she knows we are eating at. When we get there I would let her know that we are staying there for one night. When we get in the room there will be champaign, choclate coverd stawberries (Which im allergic too, LOL) chocolate truffles. 12 candles and rose petals on the bed and all over the room. (Special thanks to patricia (concierge) at the amara, she has set up the tour the champaign, pretty much everything, my idea but her magic) anyway we would go change for the meal and go eat and stay...

Now the bad news

Theres a forrest fire in sedona right now and the forrestry service closed the forest roads so the jeeps cant go off od paved roads. Which means no top of the rim tour no raw wilderness i will be close to a paved road...hardly the same as a remote road with a spectacular review...

Im about to cry and now im seriously stressing out. What should I do. Should I just take the alternate tour and do it any way like the way I was going too?

The fire is really a shame becuase sedona and oak creek are really some of the most beautiful country in arizona.

EDIT: The proposal went off with out a hitch

Click here to see the slide show...Thanks again for everyones help, especially belle and julie. Thank you, thank you very very much

The pictures

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zik I am so sorry - you know what they say about the best laid plans and all that
15.gif
I think you should do it anyway as you had planned - it will be so special for your GF anyway and you have obviously put a lot of thought into the proposal, who knows, it might even be BETTER this way - think positive and let us know how you get on! Best of luck
35.gif

A further thought from a romance loving woman's point of view! She will have YOU and a ring and a proposal and lovely surroundings anyway and being completely spoiled! She won't think there is anything missing, trust me, even if it isn't what you originally planned it will still be incredible and memorable for BOTH of you!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the title of your post made me laugh....it was kind of like ''damn this forest fire is messing up my proposal..'' and all i could think of was ''i''m sure the little animals in the forest who are forced from their home really feel for you!''

re: the dilemma, can you wait to do the proposal til the fire is contained and all is well? if not maybe propose at the restaurant?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Z. I love Sedona!! It''s such a beautiful place with so many views to be had from just about anywhere....do you really need to go off-roading to enjoy them? Tons and tons of hiking trails, I''m sure many of them are still open. Maybe Patricia the concierge can help you find a good one with an extra-special view? Maybe a horseback ride, or a hot balloon tour?

When we were in Sedona, we stayed at the Wishing Well Bed and Breakfast....truly the BEST B&B I''ve ever been to - luxurious rooms, decadent breakfasts delivered to your room, incredible views of Cathedral Rock, private outdoor jacuzzis for every room (I think), and an AWESOME hiking trail that starts right in the backyard. There is also a beautiful well on the property and I remember thinking, "I wish DH had proposed to me right here at this well instead of on a random street corner in San Francisco."
20.gif

DH and I stayed at this B&B before our wedding and it was the most romantic place I had ever been to. Secluded, magical, with an amazing view of the rocks, and we felt so pampered the entire time. BUT....I''ll stop gushing now. It sounds like Amara holds special meaning for you and I don''t want to sway you from that.
9.gif
Just ask Patricia for some ideas....I''m sure you still have many options.
1.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
We just got back from Sedona on June 11th. We loved it!!! Instead of proposing on the pink jeep tour (we took one of those by the way) why not go hiking on one of the beautiful trails (unless they''ve closed the trails?) and say your line about the rock. The trails we walked on had great views. Such a shame-Sedona is beautiful!!!

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
Well I just found out about the alternate tour and they take you up to airport road the highes point in the city and a few other places... So im going to stick with that...It is still very much a shame but me giving her the camera will work even better because My thumb is really all messed up i jammed it in a door so it hurts flus i can ask her to take some stills and video of the smoke. then that will tie her up while i whip out my rock...LOL

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
sounds like a plan!

and if things really go haywire, you could just give it her, over, say, sunday brunch?

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
Ok the amara has got everything set...

The have recieved my rose petals (fake, they wont put real ones on the 800 thread count sheets they stain) they have the champaign all set. the strawberries and the truffles will be there too. The candles are ready to go. Dinner is scheduled ( we were going to eat out side but due to smoke, and heat we are not) but we are at the best table. Desert is set up on the plate it says I love you. The tour is set up and everything should be ready for launch. I got my phoney free tour coupon for pink jeep tours (courtsey of pink jeeps, all to make this more beliviable so she doesnt suspect anything) I made a phoney reservation at motel 6 in flagstaff then canceled. so it looks like we are staying there. I still need to figure out how im going to take the ring up there Im not sure if I should take the whole box. or just the ring box or just the ring. Ill probably just take the ring box and ring. The cameras are charged and have new film. Countdown begins on monday Im working half day and taking the rest off. then the 27th is the d-day then the 28th we come home. then the 29th i come back to work...BAH

On a side note what should I tip the concierge for all of her work...$50.00, $75.00

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow your planning is amazing!! I hope it all goes smoothly when you get there-she will love it! I would take the ringbox and ring as I think its nice presenting the ring in its box

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
and the countdown begins.... Less than 24 hours...getting nervous

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
Everything Went off with out a hitch...She said yes and it was awesome. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. I will get some pics up in a bit.

Pictures below.

Pictues here

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE your pictures. what an AMAZING proposal. my DF planned a very similar proposal last weekend in flagstaff/grand canyon. he told me we were staying at howard johnsons,but really it was a gorgeous b&b. you guys are sneaky, but we girls love it!!! congratulations! also, love the ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results