shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture book idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Goldenrain

Rough_Rock
I was thinking over several ideas and was wondering what you guys would think of this one:

Create a small picture book (with captions) that highlights the wonderful days/months/years of our relationship, with the last page showing a picture of the ring and the caption saying "If you wish for the story to continue, please say yes to the following question: ''Will you marry me?''"

The thing is, where (like at a restaurant or somewhere else) should I pull out the picture book?

A variant of this is the "choose your own adventure" style of book, where she has to follow her heart to the "proposal page"...

I swear, every time I think of ideas, it somehow gets complicated. Of course, she''s a true romantic, so you guys probably have some very good suggestions :)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwww that is such a sweet idea!!! I love it!!!!
9.gif
The one very very minor tweak I might recommend is saying that if she wants the story to continue, "please say yes." and having that be the end, so you say "will you marry me" in person. I bet she would rather hear you actually say the words, and she''ll still be able to figure out from the picture and the saying yes part that it''s coming!
9.gif

As for where to do it...does she like to be the center of attention, or do you think she would rather have this be a private moment? I know that I personally, and a number of people on PS as well, would much rather not have been proposed to at a restaurant or similar public location because then I would be thinking "all these people are looking at me" more than just staying in the moment. If your girlfriend is at all like that, then I would maybe take her to a spot that has sentimental value to the two of your, or just a beautiful sunset view, or even in your apartment, or anywhere else! If she likes being the center of attention, then the restaurant idea works too!
3.gif

I think the choose your own adventure book is a great idea too, but that seems a lot more complicated to pull off smoothly...and personally I think I would prefer the straight-up-romance of your original idea! Be sure to let us know what you decide!!!
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Albi''s suggestion of having the picture book lead YOU to asking the big question. And as to where to do the proposal, just think about what your GF would want. Is she more of a private, shy person? Or is she a total extrovert, outgoing, and friendly? Whether public or private, just consider which one you think she''d love best. Which restaurant are you thinking of going to? One in SF? :)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine did something similar to your idea...

he kind of set-up a book that started with the "past"...their trips, their parties, etc....then he started saying..."but would you want to...?"

and then had pictures of world trips and he would make a note "travel the world with me?"

pictures of kids and then "have kids with me?"...

a house, an old couple, etc (you get the idea...)

then he had a photo of the bench were they sat in their garden every morning to have coffee and he said "would you want to have coffee with me every morning?"....and then in the same bench he made poster sized letters spelling "will you marry me?'''''' and took a picture of it....that was the last picture of the album!

By this time she was obivouly in tears!!!....and he was on one knee
30.gif

M~

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I really like the picture book idea, and then she would have a wonderful memento afterwards. I agree that you should say the words "Will you marry me?" at the end of it though.

One of my friends proposed in a similar way. He got back to her house when he knew that she was on a walk, and set up the book on the porch and waited inside, so he could figure out when she got to the last page. It seemed to work very well. Another option would be to leave her a note, sending her somewhere close by and pretty (like a park at sunset). You could set up the book somewhere you know that she''d see it and wait nearby, but out of sight. (I kind of like the idea of her reading it on her own, and then you appearing at the end, but you don''t have to do it!)

Goldenrain

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! Good suggestions to modify my idea too! :)

I''m so excited.. Not nervous yet, since I don''t have the ring yet!

robdog

Rough_Rock
I did a photo puzzle for my proposal and it seemed like something fun for her to do while the day was going on:

Positively Puzzled

Good place, and GREAT service.

Here is my store and how I used it: Proposal Story

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, STUNNING RING!!! You did SO WELL on the proportions - the diamonds in the band and the size of the band make the stone pop even more! Just amazing looking on her finger. Congrats on your engagement!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Goldenrain - Your proposal story is so sweet and the ring is beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement! Is it a Michael B. princess setting? I recognized his signature style head from the profile picture. I'm getting the smaller version of that (petite princess), but with a square radiant. The ring is being made right now and it should be done in less than 2 weeks. I still have to wait for the official proposal though. I can't wait!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
The proposal was so sweet! The ring is GORGEOUS! Congrats to you and your fiancee.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! The ring is sooo pretty! Nice job!

Goldenrain

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the kind congratulatory words! I really do appreciate it, especially since I did spend a great deal of time/effort to make this happen! :D

Yes, indeed it is a Michael B setting (princess) with a round brilliant (obviously... :razz:). The princess is 2.35mm in width. The classic princess is 2.5mm, and the petite princess is 2.2mm. I''ve seen all the different types (with diamond prongs, tips, etc), and they all look good! Michael B (as well as Matthew B -- Michael B''s son) is amazing!

As you guys all know, pictures don''t do rings justice! Its kinda funny, because my fiancee will walk around, and even drive and look at her ring all the time! Of course, despite her excitement, I had to say "don''t look n drive"! Haha..

Thank you once again to you guys... You seriously made the diamond research and purchasing process so much easier! :)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I love the way it sparkles, and it looks right at home on her finger!! Congrats!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results