shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of my proposal idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gman2

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was hoping to get some feedback on what you guys/gals thought of my proposal idea.

Our 5 year anniversary since we started dating is coming up in July and I thought that might be the perfect excuse to go away for a small weekend roadtrip (she wants to be suprised but she''s got an idea this might be coming). I was thinking of going out to the east coast along the New Jersey shoreline which is supposed to be really nice. There''s lots of cool oceanside B & B''s in beautiful old Victorian houses which I thought might be a romantic way to spend a weekend. While there, I have found a place that does sailboat charters which will take you out for a private sunset cruise and serve you a gourmet dinner while watching the sunset. I thought this would be memorable since we have went out sailing several times over the course of our relationship and those have always been special times and we both really love the water. Then after dinner I plan to give her a scrapbook I am currently working on, which will detail some of the significant times that we''ve had during our 5 years together. I have managed to keep some mementos of various things (ie. like tickets to shows, love notes, etc) that I am putting in it as well as lots of photos. The big reason for doing this is she loves to scrapbook (its not really my favorite thing in the world) so I think this will be really meaningful to her. Then at the end of looking through the book, get down on one knee and propose to her as the sun is setting - if the weather cooperates. Hopefully, if she says yes, we can crack open a bottle of champagne and cruise into the sunset!!!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
gman

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a perfect proposal to me. You''ve got all the right elements: a beautiful place and time to propose, a memorable occasion (I was proposed to on our 5th dating anniversary, and will always remember it), and you''ve clearly thought about ways to make it personal and meaningful (the sailing and the scrapbook) for both of you. Do you have the ring yet?? People here LOOOOOVE to see pics of rings
30.gif
!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds wonderful! Where at the shore were you thinking? I have heard Spring Lake is nice, I have not been but it is supposed to be pretty. Any details on the ring?! I think you have let no detail out, and the scrap booking is so nice, since you know it means a lot to her! Good luck and let us know what happens!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
gman....you ....are....a .....badas*....! go get her man!!

the hog...

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s perfect. I like the idea that you''ve kept all these items and made a scrapbook out of it. Good luck and congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

gman2

Rough_Rock
Hey guys...thanks for the comments. I was looking at Bayhead area, which I think is not too far from Spring Lake. I''ve got a ring picked out and am just waiting now to pick it up...I will try to post some pictures once I get it. One question I would be happy to hear anyone''s opinion on is whether or not to try to capture the actual proposal on film or not? Maybe there has already been a post on this but I''m debating the pro''s and con''s of the whole thing. Thanks,

gman

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
make sure she''s not the ''seasick type" first. ahem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results