shape
carat
color
clarity

I found the flower setting! Look at my studs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''d been lamenting my camera''s lack of flower button, but guess what? It was there all along! Just hidden in a menu! So I cleaned up my studs and here they are, in the sunshine... What do you think? I know nothing about the diamonds themselves, other than they are .75 ct each and they came from a very reputable family jeweler about 8 years ago.

I''ve been hinting for an upgrade for my 30th b-day next year. My father laughed at me when I suggested it since he says "they''re already huge", but hey, his jeweler does upgrades... I think we should take advantage of the policy...
31.gif

PDR_1173.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! And if there is a good upgrade policy, well I say go for it!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DeeJay! I didn''t quite capture the fire in that pic, but it was the only one in focus... I must do more practicing!!! They really do sparkle and flash better than I can show on film. If I don''t upgrade, I''m definitely going to re-set, but I think the upgrade is a distinct possibility!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, very nice, with or without an upgrade. What type of setting are you thinking of? I have a pair of .25 ct diamonds that came from earrings. I was going to use them for my e-ring sidestones but they turned out to be too small
40.gif
. Since they are already unset, I''m trying to figure out what to do with them now.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 4:28:27 PM
Author: Selkie
Ooooh, very nice, with or without an upgrade. What type of setting are you thinking of? I have a pair of .25 ct diamonds that came from earrings. I was going to use them for my e-ring sidestones but they turned out to be too small
40.gif
. Since they are already unset, I''m trying to figure out what to do with them now.
Hey Selkie -

I was thinking of platinum or white gold... either another 4 prong setting, or maybe that martini-glass style setting I''ve seen on PS. That would be nifty.

hmmm.... would you want to put yours back into earrings? or maybe set them into a wedding band? One for you, one for him? I think I remember you saying you were only going to wear one ring, but if you were doing a band, that would be a great way to use them. Could always incorporate them into a pendant, of course.

I think I''m going to see you in Boston in July! We''re planning a trip to see Jen and Dan and she said you''d be in town! Hope so! I want to see that beautiful sapphire in person! Did you get your ring yet???

Sum

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Dan just mentioned today that you''ll be visiting them while I''m there! Cool! I''m getting my ring this Friday, so you''ll definitely see it in person. I''ll be posting pics, here, of course but you''ll be the first PSer to see it live.

I''m pretty sure I want to put the diamonds back into earrings and I''d like to find a sort of antique design for them. Using them for the bands was a good thought but I want a thin engraved platinum w-band that matches the e-ring, and he wants some kind of rope design, neither with diamonds.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so funny - I thought you got earrings that were in the shape of flowers. LOL. Congrats on finding macro.
36.gif
I can see arrow shanks in that picture!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ha, you can totally read it that way.... a flower setting... I''d actually love to get some jackets for these, maybe sapphire jackets, but all the ones I see are diamonds designed to go around other colored gemstone studs. we''ll get to that later though.

I''m glad you can see the arrows! I thought they were there but wasn''t positive, and since I don''t know anything about the cut, I''m just going with the "they''re really really good" from my mom, who spends all her free time stalking items at "her" jewelry store. They love her there... once she''s paid off her account, she buys something else.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results