shape
carat
color
clarity

Eastern Pennsylvania ceremony/reception sites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
My fiancee and I are looking for a place in eastern PA to get married. We would like to hold both the ceremony and reception at that site. We would also like a place that has a lot of open land. Any suggestions?

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
What part of PA exactly? If its near Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton then I would suggest the Woodland''s (hotel) or the Scranton Country Club is beautiful as well. There are also two other places, one in Dallas, PA and one on Montage mountain that have plenty of land and are gorgeous for weddings.

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions...We were thinking Mid/South Eastern PA, from around the Poconos and south and Harrisburg and east of there.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Well the only other ones I know of are Iron Lakes Country Club in Allentown and the Saucon Valley Country Club about an hour north of Philly. Sorry I can''t be much more help. Good luck.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are looking for the Poconos diamondfan can help you. She knows that area very well. My husband knows Saucon valley Country club very well and says it''s a great place to have a reception. I haven''t been there, I am a golf widow, LOL!!!
3.gif

green sparkle

Rough_Rock
Your description of where you would like to have your wedding covers a whole lot of land!! If you are thinking the Harrisburg area what about the Hotel Hershey in Hershey,PA? There''s also Doneckers (sp?) in Ephrata.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I second the vote for Hotel Hershey... that''s where we''re getting married next May! Although dates fill up quickly... as of last week, there was only 1 date (besides ours) available between April and September of 2007. Not sure why you want the open land, but what about a vineyard in the Philly area? I always thought that would be fun, but for me, the Hotel was sort of assumed from birth... so not much choice in the matter!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a home in Tannerville, which is near Camelback...do not a lot of the total area but I know Skytop is a nice location...it is probably 30 minutes from there. I think it is a nice spot, and I think they have some pretty land etc...other than that, I am not too sure. I think Hershey is nice, have been there to the park and stayed at the Hotel Hershey a while back...other than that I am not too sure...

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if you are interested in being near Philly at all, but my FBIL just got married at Knowlton Mansion in north Philadelphia and it was an amazing location. Not the *most* open space, but definitely some lawn/trees (& horses, I think). The mansion itself is gorgeous too. And I cannot say enough about the service -- I was in the bridal party, so I experienced it firsthand -- it was impeccable. They really know what they are doing there! The food, partiularly the hors douvres (sp?), was amazing. HTH!

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
Wedding Crasher,
The place I''m getting married at is in Stroudsburg, it''s called the stroudsmoor, very, very nice place. The food is awesome, the view is great and there is plenty of open space. I tried to attach a few pictures I took last weekend when I was there to put a deposit on the hall, but they are all too large right now. I''ll try and find time later if you interested. Heres teh link to their website. Good Luck!!

www.stroudsmoor.com

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if this is too far for you, but ours was at the Stone Barn in Chester County. It was a neat place with lots of open land. http://www.thestonebarn.com/ In Kennett Square, PA. It is beautiful countryside there. The website doesn''t do it justice, as there was a lot of ground to walk around etc... I think one of our guests said that''s what he did, was to take a walk around the grounds during our reception!
3.gif
(But he meant it in a good way; that it was such a nice place he wanted to enjoy it. And it wasn''t even a sunny day.)

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all of the suggestions! We''re planning a trip to the poconos in the next couple of weeks. We just want to have a decent # of places planned out to make it worth the drive.

We checked out The Hotel Hershey (it was wonderful) but there are the issues of availability like ephemery1 mentioned. They have a weird way of doing things since they host a lot of corporate events and they get first priority.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results