shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B Princess rings style differences

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 2:17:49 PM
Author: Dani
I thought it might be the Daniel K eternity band- but figured I''d ask because I went to the Pearlman''s website and it wasnt there, so then I thought it may be Michael b? Any idea on the price of that sucker? I need a band that is about 2 mm (which is the width of my e-ring). I tried on the Tiffany Legacy bead-set band which was so pretty with my e-ring, but I am not sure I want milgraining. Then when I saw this thread I was like, ''ohh, maybe this band?'' Are there any major differences between the Daniel K eternity and the Michael B bead set band (which I like also)?

I''m not sure of the price and with the recent price increases i''m sure it''s $$$$
14.gif
. I emailed bill asking what the differences between the rings are and will post here once I hear back from him.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thank you so much, mrssalvo! I really appreciate it!
Gosh with the price increases, maybe I should buy my w-band asap, even though we arent getting married till probably next summer...
I am wondering if the Daniel K band is in the same ballpark pricewise as the MB...but I am sure its not...if there are no major differences, I will either go with the MB or Tiffany legacy band...

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Here is a pic of the Tiffancy Legacy band just to give you an idea...

tifflegband.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the Tiffany band is very pretty too. Do you know the width of that one?

you should give Bill a call and ask him about the pricing of the bands too. He may know something about pricing and long term increases that may be helpful in your decision to buy now or later.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the Tiffany band is 2mm- I did get a chance to try this one on, and it looked perfect with my e-ring, since I do have bead set pave all around the basket of my EC....it really complemented my ring well, although it did not sit flush, it still looked really pretty. The only thing I wasnt sure of was the milgraining- not sure if I want it...

Maybe I will give Bill a call or email him about the price increase- I cant imagine that if will go up that much in less than a year- but I guess I could be wrong....these price increases are scary!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a big fan of mixing style''s i.e. milgrain/no milgrain so I''d probably go with the MB or DK.

yes, the price increases are scary and add a lot to already expensive designer settings. I keep telling hubby he should speed up my upgrade before the next price jump
32.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, as you can see, I do not have milgraining on my e-ring at all...so you are probably right...

myringeg.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the side view of your ring is just stunning. I think the MB or DK band would look fabulous..

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, mrssalvo, I love my ring too!! Although I have to say, many people dont even notice the pave on the basket....only diamond buffs like everyone here!

Please let me know if you find out any info from Bill, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much for all of your help so far!

Any new updates on your own upgrade? I was looking at that thread today re: your visit to Pearlmans and I still am in love with the Daniel K split crown- just so beautiful, everytime I look at it, it takes my breath away!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 3:01:49 PM

Please let me know if you find out any info from Bill, I would really appreciate it!

just heard from Bill. The Dk is 1.9mm and is the same style as the MB.
The DK is .30ct in a size 6 and runs $2,350.00 same price as MB.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Mrssalvo-

Thanks so much for that info- helps out a lot! Since you have seen both in person, which one would you think would look best with my e-ring- MB or Daniel K?

I wonder if I should take ct wt into consideration---the MB is .36 tw for $2350, the DK is .30 tw for $2350, and the Tiffany is .40 tw for $2450....although I think the Tiffany is out...I guess tcw doesnt really matter so much, just which one looks the best....but I think you have excellent taste and value your opinion, so whatcha think?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d throw this option into the mix. I have a bead set band from Facets that looks very similar to the 2 you''re considering. I believe the carat weight is about 36 points and the width is somewhere around 2mm. The price, needless to say, is quite a lot less than either the MB or DK. If you''re interested, here''s a picture of the 2 bands flanking my Michael B baby lace band (for comparison sake, it''s only about 1.7 mm).

SPMBSP!0001_2.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 4:39:05 PM
Mrssalvo-

Thanks so much for that info- helps out a lot! Since you have seen both in person, which one would you think would look best with my e-ring- MB or Daniel K?

I wonder if I should take ct wt into consideration---the MB is .36 tw for $2350, the DK is .30 tw for $2350, and the Tiffany is .40 tw for $2450....although I think the Tiffany is out...I guess tcw doesnt really matter so much, just which one looks the best....but I think you have excellent taste and value your opinion, so whatcha think?

your welcome. Honestly, they look so much alike it would be hard to say. I''d probably go with the MB b/c it''s ever so slightly more carat weight. The workmanship on the pave is exceptional in both pieces. I''d suggest calling Bill and see if he might have a preference since he''s so familiar with both designers. You could send him pics of your e-ring too. If you don''t have anywhere local that carries them, I''m sure he''d send them both to you to see in person too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results