shape
carat
color
clarity

Concealing the ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
Okay, I need some help with this one...any ideas of how to carry the ring so she doesn''t know you have it? The ring box is a little big, even for the inside pocket in my jacket. And also if I got a hug, she would definitely know it was there. I would just put the ring in my pocket but I see 2 issues - I''m afraid of losing it
32.gif
and I think it would look better in the box. This has to be a common problem. HELP please!!!

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
That's a very good question.

Do you usually carry a cell phone? You could possibly keep them in the same pocket and then if she asks, just tell her it's your cell phone. She probably wouldn't even notice in the first place.

If I was planning on going out for a proposal, I would be tempted to strap the box to my ankle. While her attention was averted, I would grab it and move it to more convenient location.

Or I would keep it in the car. I'd excuse myself to go to the restroom and run out real quick to grab it.

All I really know is to stay away from hiding the ring in any kind of food. That would just be gross to slide a slimy/sticky ring on her finger (assuming she doesn't mistakenly eat it).

You might also consider getting a smaller ring box for this occasion. I picked one up on eBay that was sterling silver and is really small (check out the dimensions): eBay link

Good luck!

aaftabj

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/29/2006 9:38:08 AM
Author: TBeck2000
That''s a very good question.

Do you usually carry a cell phone? You could possibly keep them in the same pocket and then if she asks, just tell her it''s your cell phone. She probably wouldn''t even notice in the first place.

If I was planning on going out for a proposal, I would be tempted to strap the box to my ankle. While her attention was averted, I would grab it and move it to more convenient location.

Or I would keep it in the car. I''d excuse myself to go to the restroom and run out real quick to grab it.

All I really know is to stay away from hiding the ring in any kind of food. That would just be gross to slide a slimy/sticky ring on her finger (assuming she doesn''t mistakenly eat it).

You might also consider getting a smaller ring box for this occasion. I picked one up on eBay that was sterling silver and is really small (check out the dimensions): eBay link

Good luck!
I have to differ with a couple of the suggestions here... 1) a car is NOT a safe place for a ring... cars get stolen all the time. 2) no elaborate ''strap the ring box to the leg'' themes. We''re not James Bond, and doing something you''re not used to means, again, you could lose the box or just fumble it at the last minute.
However, getting a smaller box can be as easy as going to a local jewellery store and buying a small/pretty box. Or, get something like a small felt zipper pouch/even a secure envelope with some delicate lint free paper/cloth if presenting the ring in your hand, and hiding it is essential.

If you plan to present the ring the first time, in a beautiful box, then buying something more elaborate like Tbeck2000 suggested, is a great idea. But then you are stuck with 2 boxes. (good excuse to buy her an anniversary ring, with a non-diamond precious stone? :)

Just keep it simple, and you''ll be ok. Don''t run around at the last minute, or have to excuse yourself from the scene.

Good luck!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
A few weeks before, start carrying around big keychains and cell phones and stuff. Get her used to seeing you with stuff in your pockets so a bulge won''t throw her off.

Also, plan the proposal so she''s on the move and can''t give you a hug if it''s in your jacket pocket.

I had it in my pants pocket and kept her on the move until the proposal site. By then, it was also dark so the low visibility helped conceal things more (altho I don''t recommend this unless you''re at a romantic restaurant or something like that).

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Where do you plan on "popping the question"? If it''s at a restaurant or somewhere public, you could give them the box prior and keep the ring safe on you in a zip pocket or something - tie it to your pants or maybe your belt, then grab the box when you get there. Or just have the box itself in the car and run out and grab it, that way you''re not leaving the actual ring in the car.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to let you guys know that this is an old thread and he actually already proposed!
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-said-yes.43583/

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
My fiance hid the ring in his sock, the box was there too. He had it there for about 1 hour and all was fine, his sock was tight but it certainly didn''t fall out and my sisters husband did that as well.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 6:51:44 PM
Author: midgirl
My fiance hid the ring in his sock, the box was there too. He had it there for about 1 hour and all was fine, his sock was tight but it certainly didn''t fall out and my sisters husband did that as well.

i agree, if at a restaurant, drop the box off and keep the ring in a small pouch pinned to your pocket, get the ring box (say you have to go to the bathroom) and then add the ring to it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results