shape
carat
color
clarity

The Passing of a true Lady

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I''m glad to hear you''ve gotten some good sleep. It definitely helps. I know your eulogy will bring some joy to many very sad people. I''m also glad to hear what your mom had to say to you, that she recognizes all you''ve done and has honestly asked if you need help. Thinking about you!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lisa- I am very, very sorry for your loss. I''m not real good with words, like some of the other Psers here....but I just wanted to give you my condolences. I have a Nanny that means the world to me too......I can imagine you are going thru a very difficult time. Please know that we are all here praying for you and your Nanny.

Please take care of yourself......and give yourself some time.....your Nanny would want it that way.

p.s. was your Nanny able to enjoy that new ring you had Pearlmans make for her???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I am sure that in this tough time laughs and good memories help sustain you and your family. Nanny was quite a treasure and so special to you, and I am sure she felt all the love and devotion you surrounded her with. Time will ease things and you will always be able to think of your wonderful nanny, her humor, support and love, and how much the two of you meant to eachother. You were lucky to have her and I am glad that she did not suffer. She was feisty, a fighter to the end, and she was loved. Sounds good to me...Be strong and do not hesitate to call upon those around you for strength now...when you really need it...
emlove.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 10:07:18 PM
Author: jetmal
Lisa- I am very, very sorry for your loss. I''m not real good with words, like some of the other Psers here....but I just wanted to give you my condolences. I have a Nanny that means the world to me too......I can imagine you are going thru a very difficult time. Please know that we are all here praying for you and your Nanny.

Please take care of yourself......and give yourself some time.....your Nanny would want it that way.

p.s. was your Nanny able to enjoy that new ring you had Pearlmans make for her???
Not good with words?? That was very sweet. No Nanny didn''t get to see the ring. It''s not finished yet. She knew all about it though and was very excited about getting it. I will be giving it to my daughter. I guess I will be getting it next week, not sure.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, I haven''t been able to visit here that much lately, but I''m really sorry to hear this Lisa. You and your family have my best wishes.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Oh Lisa sorry I am so late, I am so sorry for your loss, I know how close you were to your Nanny! But I''m so glad to hear she passed peacefully. You are all in our prayers!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks noobie and Cym!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I''m so glad to hear that your meeting with your mom went well & that she offered you thanks & support. I''m glad that you''re keeping your heart open.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks BrightSpot. All is set for tomorrow. We are doing the burial before the service. I''m nervous but know all will be fine. Today was a very hard day. I went to the nursing home to give our favorite nurse a gift of money for all that she did for Nanny. I kept telling Nanny Kim is coming back in a few days as she was asking for her. So she was shocked to learn she had died. When she left, Nanny was fine. We grew very close over the years. I thanked her for making Nanny''s days brighter. I also watered Nanny''s plants and will bring them home on Friday. I have a brown thumb. Or maybe I will give some to the nursing home. One plant Nanny had for over 15 years!!! Yikes!!
32.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll be thinking about you tomorrow -- hope all goes well and you feel peace after the service. Again, I''m so sorry for your loss.
7.gif

jen

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will be in my thoughts today Lisa.
emrose.gif
For you and Nanny.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too am thinking of you today ~

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Your in my heart today, Lisa. Looks like you''ll have a warm and sunny day for the service.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are in my thoughts today, too. {Hugs}
"The Garden of Promise" by Thomas Kinkade

gp2.jpg

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Continued thoughts and prayers for a peaceful day.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you today.
emrose.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am thinking of you today and hoping the service is a joyful rememberance of your dear nanny

pinkandwhiteroses.jpg

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh sorry i am late to this thread. i am so sorry for your loss, and I wish your family strength in the days to come. we are here for you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All your prayers were with me today. It was a lovely service. I wasn''t nervous giving the eulogy. Everyone laughed and I got choked up at the end but it was fine. My mom tried to pick a fight with me right before the burial. My kids were dumbfounded. She says, listen at the church I will come in right behind you and the kids can sit elsewhere!!! I ignored her. Then at the church we all squeezed into the pew and there was barely any room for me. Ughh. But it was fine. We took all my friends and MIL out to lunch afterwards. All in all it was a great service with the exception of my mom. Oh well, such is life!!
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa
sounds like a great service,even though you and mom threw a few punches .
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa, my thoughts were with you this morning as you said goodbye to your Nanny. I''m so sorry your mother couldn''t give her the respect she deserved by not causing chaos and causing you more pain. I''m sad Nanny didn''t get to wear her new ring. I''m sure she''ll be just as happy to look down from Heaven and see your daughter wearing it.

And I''m sure she has some things in store for the thief that stole her things. I wouldn''t want to be that person right now.
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that the eulogy went well and that you were able to give your Nanny the kind of service she deserved. It is just too bad that your Mom isn''t capable of really being there for you, but you have your own family for support.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s time for this thread to retire. But before it does a big thank you to all of you for your support. Your prayers, cards etc... It is one week since my Nanny died. I went to the nursing home today to bring home Nanny''s plants. Tomorrow my favorite nurse is helping me remove her clothes, coats and her beautiful sweaters. We are giving them away to the residents and the nursing staff. It''s a nice gesture I think and better than dumping them at a thrift shop. I am doing ok. Better than I expected. I have my moments that''s for sure. But have many happy events ahead. Ash turns 18 this week. Then we have her graduation. Rob my son is doing much better. He took Nanny''s death very hard. But he was with friends this weekend and I heard him laughing a lot. He''ll be ok. Nanny''s ring came from Pearlman''s. It''s just exactly what she would have wanted and then some. It''s beyond beautiful. I am wearing it on a chain around my neck along with her wedding band. I had planned on giving it to Ashley but it''s too big for her. Thanks again, Lisa
1.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh sorry for bringing this thread back up, but i just had to say how sorry i am and my thoughts and prayers are with u. I was out of the country and just got back and read this thread and wanted to convey my prayers and wishes...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today, well since I am posting after midnight, so yesterday was Nanny''s birthday. She would have been 95. I read this thread over again tonight for comfort. I can''t thank you ALL enough for all the kind words and well wishes. I am home by alone by choice. It''s usually our family vacation time, but I needed some time to grieve. Honestly I had so much on my plate with Ashley''s bday, graduation and so many graduation parties, I put my grief on hold. This is the first time I have been able to let the flood gates go. I like doing it by myself, didn''t want the kids to see me cry. So, today I am going to Nanny''s grave and going to wish her a happy birthday. I still feel her, but miss her more than words can express. Many times I wake up thinking, oh I have to do this and this for Nanny, and then remember she''s gone. The pain is unbelievable. I just miss her so. Just didn''t want any of you to think your words or thoughts had gone unoticed. I was in a fog when I read them.... xxxooo Lisa

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa ~
emrose.gif

Your a dearone
emlove.gif
!

I am so sorry for you, and your family. Hugs
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
and a shoulder anytime!

It is good that you are taking the time to grieve.

We all know that eventually we all must pass ... however, I don''t think I am ever going to be ready when it does happen to my parents. (My Grandparents have passed long ago.) Or any loved one for that matter.

It''s hard to let go. Nanny was part of you, and it is very understandable that you miss her love, her sparkle ... her presense! She was a lucky woman to have you and your family!
1.gif

I know what you mean about needing or wanting to be alone. I too am that way, especially with my children. It is hard on them when they see me cry, especially when we have lost a loved one. Sometimes I just need to be alone to sort thru all the welled up feelings, let it out ... and try to find some peace in it all. And it is difficult to find peace when you miss someone so much.

I am sending you a big hug and know that I will pray for strength and healing for your heart and soul.

Take care sweetie ... I understand.
35.gif
Joy

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
***hugs***
PRayers outgoing
Im glad you are taking some you time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results