shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with a New Halo Setting :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karissa

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. Hope all has been well with all of u. I have a question to ask. I am considering purchasing a different setting for my diamond. I want a natalie K setting that has a halo on it. I really fell in love with this setting but the only problem is I don''t exactly know how my diamond will look in this setting (my diamond is .75 carat round H&A). I would like to see it and the estimated size that it would be, but i haven''t found anything similar to it online. Another problem is that I have been told that once a hearts and arrows diamond is surrounded by other diamonds it will not have the same intensity and fire that it would have if it were mounted by itself. If anyone knows of a website that has .75 carat round size diamond in this particular setting I WOULD REALLY APPRECITATE IT IF U LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT.
Here is the link of the setting http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamonds/info/28-Natalie-K-73-1479-000-LADY-S-1.38CT-NATALIE-K-ANTIQUE-STYLE-DIAMOND-PLATINUM-ENGAGEMENT-RING-MOUNTING-000-.html

I am really anxious to see how a diamond the size of mine looks in this setting.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your diamond will look gorgeous in the setting. you won''t be able to see hearts once the stone is set because those are seen when a stone is upside down. You will still be able to see the arrows as diamonds reflect light from the top, I don''t think the halo will take anything away from your stone. I think they are a nice addition
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what MrsSalvo said.

That''s odd that you were told the halo would detract from your diamond. I''ve never heard that before. Personally, I think it will only add to the intensity and fire. As far as size, I would estimate that the halo will add about 2 to 3 mm to the diameter of your diamond -- quite substantial. I have not seen a halo that I did not like.
30.gif

karissa

Rough_Rock
So it will add approximately 2-3mm diameter to my diamond. Wow! Does any one have any pictures of how this might look?? I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERY ONE''S RESPONSES. THANK U.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julie underlined a link above that will take you to a Ritani picture if you click on it.

Imurden also reset her .71 stone into a halo. you can read her thread by clicking here

here''s a preview..
before and after

lmurdenbanda.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I love that comparison, MrsSalvo. I have seen Lmurden''s ring in person, both before and after, and the differece between the solitaire and halo is amazing. Her center stone is approxiamtely the same diameter as yours, Karissa, so you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results