shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring - custom from Greenlake Jewelry Works

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAchick

Rough_Rock
Haven''t posted much, but since you guys are the ones that introduced me to e-w set Marquise and greenlake, and going custom for that matter and most of my inspiration rings...I thought you might like to see my engagement ring! The center stone isn''t set yet, but I already love love love it. And Dave (my soon to be fiance) wouldn''t let me tell anyone that we were making it till he actually proposes! I''m dying for other people''s opinions.

machickside.JPG

MAchick

Rough_Rock
(this was taken before the engraving)

machickdiag.JPG

MAchick

Rough_Rock
and the side. What do you think?

machickdiamondside.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, what a difference before and after engraving. it''s very nice.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you from Massachusettes? Your ring is so lovely. Enjpy it...cannot wait to hear the strory and see the finished product...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! I can''t wait to see it with your diamond set. Congratulations!!!

MAchick

Rough_Rock
I wasn''t born in MA, but I''ve been here 10 years now - so I''m firmly entrenched.
21.gif

No good story yet. My poor boyfriend did his best to pick out a ring for me, but he said I am just too picky so I had to pick my own. I promptly proved him right by disliking pretty much every ring in Boston and going custom. But he said that while I was allowed to design my own ring, he''s going to make the proposal a surprise and I wasn''t allowed to tell anyone anything until he proposed. So hopefully a good story will happen soon! And I mean hopefully good and hopefully soon! I can''t wait to be able to wear the ring!

(I promise I don''t use exclamation points this often normally)
40.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, we will be excited to hear the details! I love MA, have tons of family there and am going to Boston tomorrow afternoon...weather is very rainy now...oh well...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee - what a stunning ring - so technically perfect and I LOVE those surprise sapphires!!!! Just divine!! Can''t wait to see the finished product.
36.gif

MAchick

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/14/2006 3:48:40 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Wowee - what a stunning ring - so technically perfect and I LOVE those surprise sapphires!!!! Just divine!! Can''t wait to see the finished product.
36.gif

I should really send out a thank you to Tacori E-ring for that idea...sapphires are my birthstones and when I saw her ring, I knew I really just had to have them somewhere!

The one thing I''m still a little iffy on is whether to add engraving when the diamond sidestones end. Dave thinks no, so I''m inclined not to. Also, I sort of like how clean and sort of modern the top view is, while the side view is antique-y. On the other hand, does it look a little blank?

(Dave says this last paragraph should explain to everyone why it would have been impossible for him to pick a ring for me)

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/13/2006 11:26:48 PM
Author: diamondfan
Well, we will be excited to hear the details! I love MA, have tons of family there and am going to Boston tomorrow afternoon...weather is very rainy now...oh well...
It has been raining heavy for days now in the Boston area with some flooding.

Greetings from the Bay State
1.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow....I think your ring is fabulous!!! I LOVE E/W set marquises!!
30.gif

Author: MAchick

The one thing I''m still a little iffy on is whether to add engraving when the diamond sidestones end.
Is it possible to take delivery of the ring without the extra engraving, "test drive" it for a while, and then decide? Just a thought...

Whatever you decide...it''s gorgeous. Can''t wait to see the finished ring!!!!

widget

MAchick

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/14/2006 10:55:44 AM

Is it possible to take delivery of the ring without the extra engraving, ''test drive'' it for a while, and then decide? Just a thought...

Whatever you decide...it''s gorgeous. Can''t wait to see the finished ring!!!!

widget

It is a possibility to "test-drive" it, I have one complete "guarentee you''ll love it" redo. Although this probably wouldn''t even count as that. But I''m not convinced anyone could pry it off my finger once I get it.
27.gif

It''s shipping tomorrow, so I should have it Tuesday and I have a appt to get my center stone set that afternoon! Whoo Hoo!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous! I love the antique look also. Congratulations and we can''t wait to see the finished product!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, very unique but beautiful.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS RING! I love it! I think it looks beautiful without engrainvg along the side of the shank but see what you think once you see it. And I just have to ask how your experience was with greenlake because one of my all time favorite rings is on their site!?

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting and the engraving adds so much more. Congrats!

MAchick

Rough_Rock
I promise I will chat about my experience with GreenLake because I know its a popular link but actual experiances have been had, but I thought I would wait for the whole transaction to be done so I can give a full accessment.

It''s been generally good though!
37.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah, that''s really lovely. Joining the chorus that says "I can''t wait to see the final ring!"

MAchick

Rough_Rock
Did someone say they wanted to see the final ring?

31.gif

MAchick

Rough_Rock
pic1

MAchickfront1.jpg

MAchick

Rough_Rock
pic2

MAchickfront2.jpg

MAchick

Rough_Rock
pic3

MAchick

Rough_Rock
sorry, pic3

MAchickfront3.jpg

MAchick

Rough_Rock
pic4

MAchickfront4.jpg

MAchick

Rough_Rock
pic 5 (was pic4 a repeat? maybe)

MAchickside1.jpg

MAchick

Rough_Rock
finger shots! (don''t tell Dave, I''m not supposed to put it on till he actually proposes. Silly Boy - don''t have me go to the jewelers to get the diamond set then! What girl could resist?!)

MAchickfinger1.jpg

MAchick

Rough_Rock
and the front shot. Please don''t be disguisted by how short and squatty my poor fingers are. They are very sad.

MAchickfinger2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
THAT MARQUISE IS G
30.gif
RGEOUS.

It looks so AMAZING in that setting - truly stunning - everything about the ring is divine! Did you take any head on handshots, you sneaky girl?!

ETA: I see you were posting one as I wrote that! IT IS SO AMAZING!!!! And that stone ROCKS.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
That is one gorgeous ring! I love E to W settings...and that engraving is so unique!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results