shape
carat
color
clarity

I ordered the dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
After visiting 8(!) different bridal salons, I finally found THE DRESS. And this past Saturday we ordered it!!! Since we were buying, we were able to take pictures (why don''t they let you take pictures unless you''re buying anyway?).

Unfortunately the pictures didn''t come out too well - my mother is one of the worst photographers I know. In addition, this sample dress was two sizes too large for me and I was only wearing 1" heels here (I plan on wearing 4"+ since I''m so short).

Without further ado...

IMG_0733PS.jpg

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
A side shot where you can see more details... (why do I look so angry?)

IMG_0735PS.jpg

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I love the details of the back. I don''t think I''ll wear a cathedral length veil on my wedding day - it seems too overwhelming, no?

IMG_0734PS.jpg

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Closed-eye shot!

IMG_0736PS.jpg

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Last one...

IMG_0737PS.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Jen! You will be a beautiful bride!!!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I sent the pics to my bridesmaids but I''m not "allowed" to show them to anyone else - my fiance wants the guests at our wedding to be completely wowed.
5.gif
But all I want to do is show them to everyone! I can''t believe I have to wait a whole 4 months for it to arrive!
8.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous, Jen! You are going to be a beautiful bride!!!! I love the waistline and the full skirt, wow!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It''s not just the dress that''s gorgeous, you''re a K N O C K O U T! And the dress does a great job of being lovely, but framing YOUR loveliness as the major focal point. It''s perfect.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Indy, you are too sweet! I remember pictures of you in your dress and you''re pretty hot yourself!

This dress has all the elements I wanted: sweetheart neckline, a full skirt, corset back, and detailing that makes it stand out. I hate my body type because I''m fuller on top than bottom (I really have no hips and I really, really envy those with pear-shaped figures) so I love how this dress makes me look like I actually have some hips! Also, the criss-cross pattern on top creates an illusion of a small waist - yay!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 9:18:59 PM
Author: JenStone

Probably because you dont have your pancake on your head! Pretty dress. Will you wear a pancake veil or a normal one??
9.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning in the dress!! I envy those wtih pear shapes as well and love the way a dropped waist makes you look a little curvier. You''re going to be a gorgeous bride!

I know four months seems like forever, but it gives you plenty of time to shop for the veil, shoes, etc. I''m glad you got some pictures, they''ll have to tide you over until the dress comes in :)

Congrats on ordering the dress, it''s beautiful!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Jen and NewEnglandLady, you are MORE than welcome to share some of my "pear"... I can spare at least a few inches off each thigh!!
31.gif

Jen you look absolutely GORGEOUS... that is one of those dresses where it just looks like it was made for you.... completely perfect. And I actually really like the cathedral length veil (maybe I''m biased because mine was!)... I think it is actually more subtle than having a veil that stops midway down your back.... it allows for all the details of the back to show through without being "interrupted"... know what I mean?

Either way, congrats on finding the perfect dress!!!!! Can''t wait to see wedding pix....
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats on finding your dress!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful dress!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
WOW! You''re a knockout!!! I LOVE
30.gif
the way the dress looks on you!!! And I actually love the way the cathedral veil looks with it. I don''t think it looks overwhelming at all! I can''t wait to see one that actually fits you because this one that''s 2 sizes too big looks amazing!

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
You look fantastic in that dress! It''s extremely flattering, and you''d never know you didn''t have a lovely pear shape!
12.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 11:32:11 PM
Author: ephemery1
Jen and NewEnglandLady, you are MORE than welcome to share some of my ''pear''... I can spare at least a few inches off each thigh!!
31.gif

Jen you look absolutely GORGEOUS... that is one of those dresses where it just looks like it was made for you.... completely perfect. And I actually really like the cathedral length veil (maybe I''m biased because mine was!)... I think it is actually more subtle than having a veil that stops midway down your back.... it allows for all the details of the back to show through without being ''interrupted''... know what I mean?

Either way, congrats on finding the perfect dress!!!!! Can''t wait to see wedding pix....
30.gif

i COMPLETELY agree about the CATHEDRAL veil!!! especially because it''s sheer. you can see all the details of the dress. it''s the complete package to me. i think a shorter veil would be way too busy with this dress!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 6:51:15 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 8/20/2007 11:32:11 PM
Author: ephemery1
Jen and NewEnglandLady, you are MORE than welcome to share some of my ''pear''... I can spare at least a few inches off each thigh!!
31.gif

Jen you look absolutely GORGEOUS... that is one of those dresses where it just looks like it was made for you.... completely perfect. And I actually really like the cathedral length veil (maybe I''m biased because mine was!)... I think it is actually more subtle than having a veil that stops midway down your back.... it allows for all the details of the back to show through without being ''interrupted''... know what I mean?

30.gif

i COMPLETELY agree about the CATHEDRAL veil!!! especially because it''s sheer. you can see all the details of the dress. it''s the complete package to me. i think a shorter veil would be way too busy with this dress!!
triple ditto! that gown is smashing on you and i think that sheer sheer cathedral veil perfectly completes the package!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
You look gorgeous!! Beautiful choice!!!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!!! is that a maggie???

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! Ringplease - this is actually a Sophia Tolli. I LOVE Maggie Sottero and my second and third choices were Maggies. Surprisingly, Sophia Tolli is a lot more affordable than I thought. Since I was introduced to the bridal salon by a friend of the owners, they gave me 10%....AND since it''s in NJ no tax!
36.gif

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info. I love the dress, especially the corset back!! I know a lot of maggie''s have that feature and I love it. Congrats on finding "the dress". I also agree with the others that the veil looks fabulous and completes the elegance of the gown!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You''re a gorgeous woman and the dress looks stunning on you!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 10:20:10 PM
Author: surfgirl

Date: 8/20/2007 9:18:59 PM
Author: JenStone

Probably because you dont have your pancake on your head! Pretty dress. Will you wear a pancake veil or a normal one??
9.gif
HAHAHAHA! surfgirl you are hilarious! ROFL
face20.gif

JenStone, what a beautiful dress! It looks spectacular on you! And i''ll trade you your "full on top" figure for my "squished hourglass" one!
9.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous! I LOOOOVE your hair btw!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results