shape
carat
color
clarity

What does everyone think of invisible diamond pendants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYbella

Rough_Rock
this pic isn''''t so great, but you get the idea...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a fan of 'em usually ... Bleh-ing - vs - BLING! But I can understand why other folks like 'em - glimmery, big POW for less $$ etc.

ETA: I do like channel set square stones, that can look "invisibly set" ... that look like a long stream of diamonds. Have a cross pendent with princess stones set that way & dig it!

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Did I post this in the wrong section lol?

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 4:54:13 PM
Author: decodelighted
I''m not a fan of ''em usually ... Bleh-ing - vs - BLING! But I can understand why other folks like ''em - glimmery, big POW for less $$ etc.

ETA: I do like channel set square stones, that can look ''invisibly set'' ... that look like a long stream of diamonds. Have a cross pendent with princess stones set that way & dig it!
I don''t care for the huge pieces or the ones meant to look like one big solitaire, but I do like some of the smaller pieces...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t see any picture.

Personally, it completely depends on the piece. I''ve seen some I love, some I don''t like.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no picture posted, Bella. I love "invisible" settings. My solitaire is in a setting that makes the entire ring almost invisible! Please try to post the picture again; you managed to post the Gurhan earrings!

Deb

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 4:02:06 PM
Author: AGBF

There is no picture posted, Bella. I love ''invisible'' settings. My solitaire is in a setting that makes the entire ring almost invisible! Please try to post the picture again; you managed to post the Gurhan earrings!

Deb
Hey Deb, the topic was moved so it seems my pic got deleted, I will post it again. I have one that looks just like this, but this is a stock photo. It looks really beautiful in the sunlight though.

invisible setting.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I have this pendant also!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have a pendant with 4 .25 princess diamonds in it, 1ctw pirncess, and around it a bunch of round. Hard to describe but its beautful. Plaitnum and I love it.

Its not meant to look like a big diamond (I don''t think so or care) its pretty in its own right and I always get complements every time I wear it.

BUT I only like this type of setting if its done right and if its not meant to "fool" anyone. Also only for pendants becuase they take less wear and tear.

The pendant you posted looks pretty but it s hard to tell in a photo for sure.

I hate rings that are supposed to look like a big damond. I don''t think invisible setting works well for a ring.

Someone posted a photo of the ring that the winner of biggest loser gave to the girl on biggest loser and it looked really tacky. It was invisible set.

I don''t kinow how to copy it on this thread, anyone?

He won 1 million dollars, even if he only kept $600,000 after taxes, buy the girl a decent ring!! I don''t think spending 15 or 20K on a ring would have affected his life or budget after all he won!! And just think of what an AMAZING ring he could have gotten her for 15-20K. I personally think he cheaped out. I don''t think that men should be judged on what they spend, but in that case, I definately think he should have bought her a decent ring. And didn''t she win 50K to boot?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Asscherisme, here''s the Biggest Loser ring:

BiggestLoser4220.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
...valued at $15k, what Canadian or something? If that man bought that ring for $15k US I wanna talk to him about a bridge I''m selling...

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 10:50:21 AM
Author: Blenheim
Asscherisme, here''s the Biggest Loser ring:

BiggestLoser4220.jpg

Oh geez that really is ugly...I don''t like when they are supposed to give the image of a solitaire. It can look really nice in a pendant if it''s done right.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the photo. I think that ring is so ugly. $15000 appraisal could easily mean he spend $6000 and the store gave him an inflated appraisal to make him feel good. But we know all that an inflated appraisal does is raise your premium!

Off track, as I said before, I think invisible settings can look nice in a pendant, and I even own a pendant that is invisible set.

But for rings, I say Nope, not a good thing.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 4:02:06 PM
Author: AGBF

There is no picture posted, Bella. I love 'invisible' settings. My solitaire is in a setting that makes the entire ring almost invisible! Please try to post the picture again; you managed to post the Gurhan earrings!

Deb

I had a good chuckle at this Deb! It really struck my funny bone because of the wording as I was imagining how your ring becomes almost invisible. lolol

I too have a semi-mount princess stone invisible setting with a solitaire. Pic attached.

DSCN12421.JPG

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oops sorry the picture is so big!

I do think an invisible diamond pendant can be beautiful if the diamonds are good quality. I love semi-mounts as well but I don''t like it when they try to make four stones look like one big stone.

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Yes semi-mounts can look very pretty with the invisible setting. I think we all agree trying to give the image of a solitaire just doesn''t look good at all.

NYbella

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 11:05:37 PM
Author: hlmr
Oops sorry the picture is so big!

I do think an invisible diamond pendant can be beautiful if the diamonds are good quality. I love semi-mounts as well but I don''t like it when they try to make four stones look like one big stone.

Beautiful ring by the way.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2006 11:30:27 PM
Author: NYbella
Yes semi-mounts can look very pretty with the invisible setting. I think we all agree trying to give the image of a solitaire just doesn''t look good at all.
You said it NYbella! I don''t like being "deceived!" My DH and I checked into a hotel in Chicago in December and the gal who checked us in was wearing what first appeared to be about a 2 carat princess cut. Upon closer inspection (meaning I was trying to be inconspicuous about eye-balling her ring), it was actually 4 smaller princess stones, set invisibly. Grr! I felt like a fool for a second, lol!

My wedding band is actually two rows of invisible set princesses. My e-ring is a 1.5 RB solitaire, and the two together look very nice. I''m thinking of having my center stone re-set into a semi-mount with invisible set princesses on the sides one of these days, or I may just change the entire thing. LOL!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think when you set them in a square and then set it into a ring, it looks like it is trying to pass as a bigger stone. In a necklace, or a line bracelet or something, I do not mind them. I have earrings that are rubies invisibly set, shaped like a flower, with diamond centers. I think they look great. I also just guess it depends on the piece...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 11:31:33 PM

Thank you NYbella!

Heather

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2006 8:51:31 AM
Author: hlmr

Date: 5/3/2006 11:31:33 PM

Thank you NYbella!

Heather
HI:

Amazing (camera) shot of the invisiible setting, Heather!

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sharon!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results