shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring for a guy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
After being engaged for three months, my DF has decided that he wants to wear a ring too so people know he''s engaged!
9.gif
Have any guys you''ve known worn an engagement ring? Was it just the wedding ring (worn early) or a different ring?

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
There is a guy at my med school who is engaged, and wears what will be his wedding band, except on his right hand.

Not that I think that there is necessarily anything wrong with a guy wanting to show his engaged status, but I do think it is important to note that people make fun of this guy (behind his back, not just good natured ribbing) endlessly for this. (It doesn''t help that people don''t seem to like him to start with, but our class just seems to think that this is ridiculous and weird.) Something your FI may want to note as a reaction that other people might have. Personally I think it''s okay and kind of sweet, but others disagree vehemently.

Depending on your take on men and diamonds, you could get your fiance the band he wants for now, and then have a diamond set into it right before the wedding? (to transform it from a "plain" engagement ring to a "fancier" wedding band?) Just an idea.

Good luck!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Well, where i come from it is customary for a guy to wear an engagement ring on his right hand to symbolize that he is engaged. the girl would also wear her engagement ring on her right hand...on the day of the wedding, both bride and groom change rings from right to left indicating that they are now married.

but like AntiguaBride said..it all depends on the environmen he is. ppl may not find that normal and mite make fun or say somethng about it...but if ur fiance wants to wear a ring, then he should and who cares wat everyone else thinks! =)

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
When i became engaged, my boyfriend had a mans signet ring for his engagement ring. After we were married he moved the signet ring to his right hand.

If you partner wants one...then go for it. You can''t make your ''own'' life decisions based on what other people might think!!

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
my fiance has an engagement ring. :) we got it for him when we went on a cruise in january, 2.5 months after we got engaged.
it''s just a titanium wedding ring that he wears on his left hand.

(we used to wear claddaugh rings on our right hands. when we got engaged, he switched it to his left. now he wears the claddaugh back on his right and wears the engagement ring. i like it; he looks married lol)

sluke

Shiny_Rock
My finance wanted an egagement ring shortly after I received my e-ring. He wanted people to know he was engaged and in a committed relationship. This ring will also be his wedding ring since he is not much of a jewelry person. My women friends thought this was a sweet idea, however his male friends wonder why he chose to wear the "ball and chain" earlier than necessary.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
For Christmas, I got my FI Claddagh band. Its just a simple silver band with the claddagh symbol on it because I used to always a claddagh ring. It didn''t fit him then, so I got him a chain and he wears it as a necklace. Whenever someone jokingly asks where his ring is, he''s just like "right here" and shows them the necklace. I think its really sweet and at the same time, he gets to protect his "manliness" by wearing it under his shirt.
20.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I gave my fiance (at the time still bf) a titanium band as a "promise ring". He is now wearing it everyday on the left hand ring finger and I have no problem with it
emteeth.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to do it then go ahead, I think it''s kind of cute idea.

Why people would make fun of a guy doing this is beyond me.
20.gif

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Ok ladies...here is a question. It may sound silly to all of you, but the meaning behind it would be understood by me, my fiance, his family, and friends.

My fiance is a die hard St. Louis Rams fan and long before we got engaged, he saw a titanium band with his teams logo engraved onto it shown below. I have been tossing the idea around to get it for him since last October when he proposed, but whenever I want to get him any thing (for any reason even non engagement/non wedding related) he keeps telling me to save my money...that he doesn''t need anything. What do you all think of the ring and the idea? If you like it, should he wear it on his left or right hand before we get married? Honest opinions...you won''t hurt my feeling if you think it''s corny.

Rams Wedding Band.jpg

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
One more thing...he actually toyed with me about getting this ring as his actual wedding band. That''s another thought...not sure if I am too keen on that one. Opinions please!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results