shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread Tuesday April 25th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning ladies!

Fi & I did make it to the gym last night! I did arm weights (ouch, I am sore!) & some stretching/abs, and 20 minutes walking on the treadmill. It felt good, but never as good as when I finish those 3 mile runs!

I''m feeling pretty good about our dedication lately to the gym - it''s nice
1.gif
. I think we will go again tonight, and I''ll run. This will prob. be the last time I run though before the race on Saturday - I dont'' want to risk any injuries. My dad has invited lots of people to come see the race
32.gif

How is everyone else doing??

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Danielle,

Are you looking forward to the race? I''m quietly getting excited about mine. I''ve never done anything like this before, but I''ve been reading about how many people come out in support of all the runners and I think it will be very motivating to see all of the spectators cheering and giving the runner''s high fives. A small part of me worries whether I''m sufficiently prepared, but I think that having that sort of support on the sidelines is going to carry me through.

This morning I skipped the gym because I was up most of the night with a migraine and my head feels a bit injured. I might make up for it tonight if I start to feel better. We''ll see.

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Good morning. I was a delinquent yesterday, no working out at all. Ah well, such is life. Started the coolrunning.com beginner''s program this morning (5 minute brisk walking warm up, run for 60 secs, walk for 90 secs, repeat for 20 mins). I really enjoyed it- my fiance seemed a little less than thrilled though. It''s a two month program and by the end you are supposed to be able to run 5 k. My eating has been fairly decent- we had chinese last night but I decided it was stir fried veggies and white rice for me- yum!

Mostly, I''m just pretty proud of myself for having consistently worked out at least 3 times a week for the last month or so. It''s a lifestyle change and I really think it''s been a positive one.

Good luck on your upcoming races, Danielle and Stermag!

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
i''m joining curves tonight!
i already have a gym membership but my fiance is in better shape than i am and it''s frustrating to go with him. plus my current gym is near my OLD apartment, not our new house, so i never go -- too inconvenient!

anyone else belong to curves??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i find that the best recipe for gym-going is getting something SUPER close to your house. otherwise it is just too easy to not go!

i walked my 2m yesterday and ate well all day, cereal for breakfast; apple for snack; sushi rolls for lunch; and then chicken for dinner. it feels good to be back on ''routine'' ....

tonite i may go to kickboxing class, it''s been...2 weeks? i was trying to rest my arm. we''ll see if it made a difference.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stermag - I am actually quite excited about this race. At the last one, I was so worried about finishing & not being so far behind my friends and dad that I was really dreading it the few days before. But it was so fun when we were there & afterwards, I am really looking forward to this one! Although this is the only other one we are signed up for this season, so I am a little sad about that until we can possibly find some other races! Oh yes, and I''m not so much looking forward to the soreness after the race! After the last one, I could barely walk for 4 days!!!!

Thanks for the good luck SarFAr!!!

Mara- your poor arm
14.gif
- have you considered going to the doctor? Even if they tell you to rest (which I''m sure if what you''re NOT wanting to hear), they may be able to give you some strengthening exercises to combat the problem or possibly a longer term solution?? I really hate exercise-related injuries - how is that motivating at all to keep exercising?!
29.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well this week and that spirits are up. That is great!
I''m pretty happy w/my week so far. I worked out this morning and did one of my longer tapes. 3 days to go! I''m also trying to remember to do additional leg exercises, but I constantly forget. I had a big salad w/tuna last night and was satisfied.

Good luck Danielle and Stermag on your upcoming races!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well the thing is when i don''t work it out, aka the last 2 weeks, my arm feels FINE. it doesn''t hurt at all.

but when i go back to using it at class, it starts to hurt again. i can do light weights at home with it but in class it''s so intense and we do alot of arm work that it just seems to inflame it again.

in the past i had what is best described as a ''pec'' injury and i had to take 3-4 months off from kickboxing to let it totally heal then start again. i guess my body just is kind of slow with those types of things.

so i figured maybe 2 weeks on resting the arm was enough? it''s actually been more like 3. i don''t know if it''s too soon but i am dying to do some cardio again and don''t really have any other place to go than my class. i don''t really belong to a gym gym. thing is i figure if the arm is FINE when i am not working it out, the doctor will not tell me anything other than ''rest the arm'' right?!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results