shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion On These 2 Princesses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Me

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone. I''m leaning towards the Vatche XProng #754 in white gold and am in search of a ~1ct Princess cut to go with.

Any thoughts on these 2 diamonds?

Shape: Princess
Carat Weight: 1.077ct
Color: F
Clarity: SI2 They say it is totally eye clean
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
GIA Cut Grade: NA
Optical Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.34%
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 7100806
In House: Yes
Width: 5.59mm
Length: 5.62mm
Depth: 4.25mm
Table Percentage: 59.51%
Depth Percentage: 76.00% Is this too deep? Especially considering the smaller table?
Crown Depth: 12.08%
Pavilion Depth: 62.25%

-----------------------------------

Shape: Princess
Carat Weight: 1.011ct
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 2.73%
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 6411501
In House: Yes
Width: 5.41mm
Length: 5.54mm
Depth: 4.02mm
Table Percentage: 68.30%
Depth Percentage: 74.38%
Crown Depth: 11.42%
Pavilion Depth: 59.52%

Me

Rough_Rock
Hoping to make a purchase soon. Anyone have any thoughts on these two? Or should I keep looking?
1.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Without further info, I am leaning towards the first stone.

If it is eye-clean, you have the advantage of a higher colour, while you are not losing out because of lower clarity.

Where you question the high depth of the stone, I truly like it. It is a very nice example of a stone with a nice deep pavilion, where the crown seems to be cut in accordance. Looking at the diameters, it seems clear that the depth is not hiding any excess weight, and you have a nice spread for the carat-size.

Furthermore, it is more square, and I would not be surprised that this stone will be optically much more symmetrical than the other one.

Live long,

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not second guess AGS's cut grading on these - their evaluation trumps any second guessing of what table & depth 'match' and whatever other silly stuff the lack of data on sketchy virtual diamond listings may have spawned
40.gif

Re. depth - the deeper of the two is the a hair 'larger' (OK, the difference is very, very little, but funny enough - not in the direction one might guess looking uselessly at the depth % to guesstimate 'spread' - the diameter is given anyway).

Now... there are shallower & spreadier princess cuts. But... even at allot lower depth (<65%, say - there are a few examples listed here if you wanted to check), they hardly get significantly larger, in my book. Wouldn't trade the brightness and precise cut of these fellows for whatever the rain might bring a hair wider (a tenth of a milimeter or so to boot).

IMO, no reason to keep looking. If you can see them before the sale becomes final (i.e. there is some return policy), I would give the SI2 a try. Otherwise, H is plenty white for the size ... for me at least.

My 2c

Me

Rough_Rock
Thanks you guys. Some good stuff there.

With the help and assurances of Jonathan at GoodOldGold, I jumped on the first stone. Now for the waiting game and to dig into the bag of tricks for that memorable proposal.
1.gif

Hope she likes her new Vatche

218-a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results