shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Ok seriously, tell me how to talk some sense into my guy. He''s currently working with a local jeweler on finding a replacement for my ring. He''s looking for a 2 carat + H color, SI1 or SI2 with flour, except he''s seen 3 stones that roughly match the criteria (nice ideal scope, HCA numbers under 2...except no flour) and he still hasn''t bought anything. He says to me (because he''s totally excluding me from the process) That none of the stones look like "my old one".....now lets be really honest... I spent about 1ooX more hours staring at my ring then he did, and I DON''T EVEN REMEMBER what my stone looked like.

We have an appointment on April 20 th, with the jeweler at Birks to design a setting for me. Which is wonderful, except we don''t have a stone. AND the worst part is that it takes 4-6 weeks to make, AND my parents have an engagement party planned for June 10th. So what to tell him???? I asked him "nicely" how the search was going and he nearly bit my head off to be patient. Give me a day and I can probably pick a stone
11.gif

Thanks for letting me vent.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry this is taking so long... but I''m glad to hear things are going forward nevertheless!! Does your fiancé know that you need the stone before your setting appointment at Birks?

I''m curious... Can you tell me who he''s working with for the stone?

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
why do you need flour?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally

can you give him a list of e-vendor stones that you like then, he can pick one from the list?.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Anchor: He''s working with the one in Dorval (the one that carries Tacori?)... I don''t think we absolutely need the setting before the appointment at Birks, but they can''t get started on the setting if they don''t have a stone. I''m totally losing my patience on this one.

DF: I like your suggestion. He''s just really determined to go local.... I don''t think it''s that hard to pick a stone from an e-vendor. He got my old stone from WF and loved it, but now he''s getting a bit difficult. I haven''t even browsed WF because I don''t want to fall for a stone. I just remember that there wasn''t much in the Expert Selection. I suppose it''s time to get nasty and just give him a list and say "pick or die". I think he''s being too picky. Me I couldn''t care less. I just want it done in time for the engagement party.....I don''t want to explain to 150 asian (and white) people....but especially asian, why I don''t have an e-ring. You know there''s bound to be talk.....

Thanks for the encouragement
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
why is he determined to buy local? if he was happy with WF last time?

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Totally off subject, but I''ve actually been to Dorval! My Aunt used to live in Mascouche! I''m originally from BC, went to college in NS, although I now live in San Diego! I get so homesick for Canada sometimes...

Try to convince him to get the diamond from WF, and the setting at Birks! Play up the lifetime upgrade part or something!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 1:15:59 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!
why do you need flour?
The fluor helps a stone in the near colorless range appear ''whiter.''

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh look what WF has in ACA's...nothing in ES unfortunately. that first 2.11 looks tempting or what about that 2.53 H SI2? YUM.

allycat comparisons.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2006 3:10:26 PM
Author: allycat0303

DF: I like your suggestion. He''s just really determined to go local.... I don''t think it''s that hard to pick a stone from an e-vendor. He got my old stone from WF and loved it, but now he''s getting a bit difficult. I haven''t even browsed WF because I don''t want to fall for a stone. I just remember that there wasn''t much in the Expert Selection. I suppose it''s time to get nasty and just give him a list and say ''pick or die''. I think he''s being too picky. Me I couldn''t care less. I just want it done in time for the engagement party.....I don''t want to explain to 150 asian (and white) people....but especially asian, why I don''t have an e-ring. You know there''s bound to be talk.....

Thanks for the encouragement
2.gif
150 asian??
9.gif
you''re in trouble.he,he... good luck

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
DF: Thanks for the encouragement..........
3.gif
At least you can understand why I'm ready to wring his neck (I'll do it gently...but none the less) Can you imagine the gossip???? He's white for peets sake, there's already going to be enough talk without an engagement ring to fan the flames.

Tawn: Oh fellow Canadian! Small world isn't it? I know Mascouche of course. It's a little far from where we are (1 hour maybe) but I know people from there too.

Mara: UGH....you had to. You had to. I'm looking at them right now. He was happy with WF the last time. I think the whole deal this time is because he's spending so much more, he feels like he should be able to compare them side by side or something. I don't know. He's a bit of a sicko...but when a man digs in his heels, sometimes it's hard to move. Ok. Let me pick my favorite. Which one do you like the most?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ah boys...... I don''t see why he won''t let you help!! Maybe once he knows how important it is to you to have a ring for your e-party, he will see the light?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Icekid: He''s being GRRRR.... He knows this is it, no upgrade. With the 1.3 carats, we both knew that I would one day get a new one..... BY the way. I saw your CADS on another thread, I almost started a "PAGING ICEKID" thread. Did something bad happen to your ring?

Mara: I like the 2.148 one... the idealscope reminds me a lot of my old stone. Out of curiosity, do you know why there''s a $3000 difference between the 2. 148 and the 2.113?

Ok I need to calm down. I feel this freakin'' monster raging up inside to put the thing on hold, and then deal with him later.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally I would venture to say that the difference in price has to do with how much the rough cost WF....so the 2.11 may have been cut earlier when rough was cheaper and the 2.14 more expensive.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2006 3:57:08 PM
3.gif
At least you can understand why I''m ready to wring his neck (I''ll do it gently...but none the less) Can you imagine the gossip???? He''s white for peets sake, there''s already going to be enough talk without an engagement ring to fan the flames.
ally
yep, LOL!!! all those aunts and uncles
9.gif
all your parents elderly friends
31.gif
hate to be in your shoes
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe as a last resort if it really is getting close to the date of the engagement party you could get a CZ to wear just for that event? Keep it really low profile so no one studies it closely and then they won''t know the difference when you have your real ring.

(I may burn in Pricescope hell for suggesting anything to do with a CZ, but it was done with the best of intentions... !)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ally, hang in there. I know it must be tough!!! Hopefully he will pick the right stone and soon. Too bad he won''t let you in on the process, it would be a lot easier for him. {{{ HUGS}}} Lisa
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 9:45:51 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Maybe as a last resort if it really is getting close to the date of the engagement party you could get a CZ to wear just for that event? Keep it really low profile so no one studies it closely and then they won''t know the difference when you have your real ring.

(I may burn in Pricescope hell for suggesting anything to do with a CZ, but it was done with the best of intentions... !)

Ya, I''d do this if I didn''t have a ring for the party! Good idea.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know . . . if DH were picking out a 2 carat diamond for me, I''d let him dig in his heels a little . . . or a lot. My man wouldn''t shell out $200 for a diamond, let alone $20,000 +

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 3:57:08 PM
3.gif
At least you can understand why I''m ready to wring his neck (I''ll do it gently...but none the less) Can you imagine the gossip???? He''s white for peets sake, there''s already going to be enough talk without an engagement ring to fan the flames.

Tawn: Oh fellow Canadian! Small world isn''t it? I know Mascouche of course. It''s a little far from where we are (1 hour maybe) but I know people from there too.

Mara: UGH....you had to. You had to. I''m looking at them right now. He was happy with WF the last time. I think the whole deal this time is because he''s spending so much more, he feels like he should be able to compare them side by side or something. I don''t know. He''s a bit of a sicko...but when a man digs in his heels, sometimes it''s hard to move. Ok. Let me pick my favorite. Which one do you like the most?
There wasn''t any shopping in Mascouche, which was probably why we went to Dorval! What I miss the most about the Montreal area are the little all-dressed hamburgers with the shredded lettuce, and the poutine! Yummy! You can get versions of Poutine all over Canada now...but they just don''t know about those things here in the States!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
The CZ thing.. well ya know, all us PS members remember a couple of newbie''s that posted CZ and tried to pass them off as real, and the community has sharp eyes....I can honestly tell. I''ve never seen a CZ that didn''t look like a CZ, regardless of the size. It''s more obvious at 3 carats + but even in 1 carat I can tell. And even if I couldn''t, I''d be really, really terrified the whole night. Being an engagement party, this ring is going to get scrutinized up close for at least a good 2 minutes at a time. I think my hand would start shaking. I don''t have the nerve to pull that one off.

Although we do have to say that I showed my boyfriend the pictures of the stone I want and he said that he had a few more coming in this week, and if he hadn''t found one that he loved, we could get the WF stone. YES, YES, YES!!! Now I would be thrilled if he bought any stone, it really doesn''thave to be the WF stone, but as long as this gets done soon.

I''m still going to my meeting with the design guy. I''m just concerned they won''t take it seriously if I don''t have a stone yet. But I think that if it''s a time issue, I''m just going to have him buy a simple stock setting, have them mount the diamond, and we''ll go the custom route after the party. It all sounds so reasonable this morning
1.gif

Thanks everyone!!! You all rock!

Tawn: It''s funny that you mention poutine. My boyfriend is French Canadian, and they invented that stuff so he''s crazed for it. They have these variations in Quebec like "Italian poutine" and "Poulet Poutine" I''ve never bought one, but I tend to steal from my boyfriend''s plate. It''s funny that you went shopping in Dorval. I felt super out of my element because it wasn''t downtown.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I love poutine! Hope your e-ring woes get settled soon Ally!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oooh... Poutine! Yum!
18.gif
Now I''m hungry...

I hope things can work out and soon, ally!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 1:48:50 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Ally

can you give him a list of e-vendor stones that you like then, he can pick one from the list?.
Yep....that sounds like a great idea to me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, maybe you can request some images from WF of the stone to have on hand ... tee hee.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ally, it sounds like things are looking up on the ring front. Either way, you should have a diamond in time for your engagement party, right? (either from the local jeweler or WF) I think that''s a fantastic idea to have the stone set in a simple stock setting for the party, then you can go the custom route later if you desire.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Mara... at this moment if he said, "maybe we could look at the WF stone" I wouldn`t even bother asking for more pics...we`d be at the bank in 2 seconds flat wiring the money.

Brightspot: Thanks sweetie for the well wishes. I had a setting appointment and it went well, they said it would only take 2 weeks because what I want is really simple...

Now for the stone
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 weeks, thats great ally. I can''t wait to see what you end up with.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s great that they can make it in two weeks!!
9.gif
Good luck for the stone!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Geez Ally, I am so sorry, don''t know how I missed all of this. I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss.

I am sure you will find something wonderful and love it more than you last ring. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results