shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal shower ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I meant BABY SHOWER!!! (sorry!)

My sister-in-law (brother's wife) is pregnant and we are throwing her a baby shower at the end of September. Plus my best friend is also due around then, so I have two showers, one where I contribute and the other where I am mostly in charge of it. Any good ideas on what to do for food and other such things.

I have been to many baby showers, but I have to say they are always so different, and either border on cheesy or dull. I have rarely found one I really like. My sister-in-law's will be a small group of 12 or less at my parent's home, since she is very delicate, and she is very low-key and begged to have no spot-light at all... My best friend's however we are anticipating at least 50 people at a restaurant or Inn, not including the kids that would come...

Any ideas for either???

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
What about having all the gals go for a morning at the spa, and then out for lunch? There''s some forms of massage that are supposed to be great for pregnant ladies, and I bet having a facial, mani/pedi, etc. would make her feel great when she''s probably not feeling her best!

Just a thought...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea! I just booked the girls a day at Georgette Klinger. Maybe I should rebook some place larger...
33.gif

Although I think we need the whole baby-shower expereince for photo op reasons too. Her mother will not be arriving in the US until the week of the baby''s birth, so she wants to see pictures of the shower and such.

So ideas ladies...please!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, sounds like fun Nicrez!!! I threw a baby shower once and had mimosas, cheeses, mini quiche, fruit and veggie tray and a chocolate dips for the fresh fruit. A cake and we made little cards telling her advice or thoughts for her scrap book. The other person helping me w/the shower found some 50's games specifically for showers off ebay and we played those and of course laughed at them. It was cute.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My sister and I both hate baby shower games, so for her shower I tailored it to her...she loves to scrapbook so I bought a bunch of scrapbook supplies and had each guest make a scrapbook page that pertained to a baby''s first year (Baby''s first crawl, Christmas, present, haircut, etc.). We picked ideas from a hat and she ended up with a great book at the end of the day that only needed pictures added.

Is there something special about the soon-to-be moms that could be turned into a shower? The spa day sounds like a blast! If I ever am pregnant I''d be all over that as a shower idea.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Kimberly, I love that idea. I think if I ever do a shower again, I will use your idea! That sounds much better then the silly games.
Sorry Nicrez for the hijack.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results