shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread Monday April 10th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Hope your weekends were well. I have not yet worked out today, but yesterday I went for a run outside since the weather was nice. I decided to do some sprints to try and increase my endurance for our next race. My quads are burning this morning! I also did some stretching, crunches & arm exercises. I was pretty happy that I actually worked out on a weekend!

Today, I think I am going to head to the gym as long as my legs stop hurting a little bit. Definitely no running for me, but maybe I can get on the elliptical and do some strength training!

How is everyone else today?

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Danielle, glad you started this morning! I was just thinking of doing so myself, but I have nothing much to report. I am feeling better today though. Still have a cold, but at least the flu part seems over and the cold seems to be getting a bit better each day. I believe i''m ready to get back into my workouts. I suppose that''s a good thing, right?
So i''ll be working out this afternoon. I''m hoping to get my motivation back this week. I also am going to try and drink lots of water today, i''ve not been doing so good with that lately. So my week''s goal: 5 days exercise + lots more water.

Happy Monday to all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi gals...this weekend was alot of eating!! but i also painted the guest bathroom and guest room so i guess that qualifies as exercise??

today if it doesn''t rain i''ll do a few miles around the park...can i just say one more time i''m so done with rain?

stermag

Shiny_Rock
So, this morning was one of those "just show up" days. I went to the gym, did the bench press, got on the rower for 20 minutes or so, stretched and called it a day. Mondays are so tough for me.

My race is four weeks away, and next weekend, I am running a trial, just to see where I stand and (hopefully) convince myself that I really can do it.

The weather has been amazing. I hope it sticks around for a while. It really helps my disposition.

Danielle, good job on the weekend run. Weekend workouts are totally a bonus for me, so hats off to you.

M

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I know how you feel about the rain. It has just started to get warmer here so I am sooo appreciative. Painting IS exercise. I did a couple rooms not too long ago and was so, so sore after. I guess I don''t use those body parts often enough.

Stermag, how was your weekend? Did you find something to do? I ended up seeing Syriana and was not as impressed as expected. Btw, you CAN run the race! Good luck on your trial run.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon ladies! Sounds like everyone had a productive weekend... I walked 10 miles with my training group Saturday. I felt great the rest of the day. However, yesterday afternoon (my rest day), I started having this horrible pain on the side and bottom of my left foot! I''m a little concerned because it still hurts to even walk on it today. There is no swelling or redness on the outside, so I don''t think anything is seriously wrong. I think it must be the tendon on the outside of my foot. I didn''t feel any discomfort or pain during the walk Saturday, so I don''t know if I did something to it then or it''s just a fluke injury thing. Anyway, I will be resting it until it feels better, and I hope it feels better really soon! I have been training for 4-5 weeks now without any problems, and I would hate to suffer a setback now.

I''m going to the gym tonight even though it''s beautiful outside. I want to at least get in some strength training on my upper body and arms rather than be totally laid up for a few days. I did some abs yesterday and they are a little sore so I''ll just focus on my arms and back tonight.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
35.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, great job on 10 miles. That is fantastic! Weird about your foot.
33.gif
I hope it feels better soon.

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Amy,

I changed the bed sheets on Friday night and I must say, I''ve never slept better. I just love the smell of fresh sheets. Saturday I woke up rested and motivated, the weather was beautiful, I did some work around the house, ran a couple of errands... no movies, but I did watch some Law & Order, which is my fave...

All in all, it was relaxing and rejuvenating. Just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for asking! How was yours?

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Good afternoon! I actually got up early on Saturday morning and walked 2 miles before our cake tasting- thankfully (I think) this was our last one so I can focus. Got up early this morning to walk. But today we had a party at work...and well...it''s all downhill. So when I go home tonight I''m going to go for a walk or jog to make myself feel better about my lack of self-control and then I am totally on the wagon for the rest of the week. I don''t know why I do this- it''s self-sabotage. I''ve been this way all my life; it''s like I''m afraid to not be overweight. *deep breath* Must keep trying.

Keep up the great work everyone!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I don''t seem to be getting any work done today but what the heck, this is much more fun....

Stermag, glad you had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good too. I saw my step-brother''s new baby, and she is adorable! Got to hangout w/the bf which is always fun. And even helped my son w/a math project and was very pleased w/his effort and patience. All in all, very good!

SarFar, don''t worry about not being perfect. So many people on this thread have given me great advice about not getting too down on yourself, and I would agree! It''s just one day, and boy can I relate to letting down the willpower at times. I wonder about the whole self-sabotage thing too sometimes, so I''m trying to keep focus on my motivation and short term goals. I know I can do it, and I just remind myself of that daily and try not to be so hard on myself when I fall off the track a bit. I''ll be working out this evening too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amy is right Sarah...don't get down on yourself if progress is slow, as long as you are committed and making small baby steps, that is great! We all have our up and down days, but it's a long-term committment you are making to be healthier and more fit, not just to lose weight. It takes effort to change ways of thinking to be more encompassing of positives and negatives for body image.

I walked 2.5 miles today and had a good eating day...cereal and banana for breakfast; some fresh tuna and avocado sushi rolls for lunch; a yummy sweet fiji apple for a snack; and then for dinner we had crockpot mustard wine herb turkey breast and roasted rosemary and garlic potato wedges....Hee hee AND then i was bad and had TWO cupcakes for dessert..i made them last nite--yellow cake and choco frosting.
31.gif
my fave!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results