shape
carat
color
clarity

Hillary Clinton diamond ring controversy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bill bought her the 3 ct after she found out about Monica.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 8:09:53 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/7/2006 7:59:09 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 2/7/2006 7:55:59 PM
Author: Ann
speaking of The View, did anyone notice that Star Jones had her engagement/ wedding rings on her right hand?
She apparently does this because she gets some weird allergic reaction to her rings from time to time, a

Even her body chemistry is rejecting her obviously, notoriously, embarrasingly gay husband.
31.gif
OMG I noticed this too!! I figured she did it when she was mad at him or something.
Deco-That could be true. I read an excerpt from her book and AFTER she defended his sexuality she went on to say 'Al really gets turned on by cashmere'. Okay. I have several homosexual friends and I can honestly say THAT IS THE GAYEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I saw Hillary on TV today speaking at Coretta Scott King''s funeral and it looked liked the ring she was wearing was a diamond. I say this because I was admiring the sparkle coming from it. Such sparkle I don''t think could come from the ring that was posted above.

E B

Ideal_Rock
3 cts? Please. Flash that baby all you want, Hilary! It''s certainly a lot more tasteful than whatever Paris Hilton wore during her fleeting engagement to man-Paris.

surfrgrl

Rough_Rock
I remember seeing a show on cable about this place in Arkansas where you can actually go and dig for diamonds.

Check it out: http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com

Most folks don''t find much, but there have been some major finds, including the yellow stone posted above. Here''s some info:

The "Kahn Canary" Diamond

The 4.25-carat "Kahn Canary" was worn by First Lady Hillary Clinton at her husband''s Presidential Inaugural galas in 1993 and 1997 as a special, unique way to represent Arkansas. The diamond''s owner, Stan Kahn of Pine Bluff, Arkansas, loaned the diamond to Mrs. Clinton.

Nature formed this diamond into a perfect triangular, pillow shape, and gave it a vibrant yellow color, called "canary" in the diamond industry. Left uncut because of its flawless natural beauty, this stunning diamond captivates its viewers in its raw form-just the way the forces of heat and pressure created it.

The "Kahn Canary Diamond" is often on temporary display at prestigious museums and diamond and jewelry exhibitions around the world.

George Stepp, a logger from Carthage, Arkansas, discovered this splendid stone at Crater of Diamonds State Park in 1977, and Mr. Kahn later purchased the diamond from him.

Who''s up for a Pricescope field trip, ladies? Have shovels, will travel!
41.gif

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
3 cts???? I''m thinking I''d be getting a much bigger ring if my husband slept with an intern :)

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 11:19:10 PM
Author: So.Cal Girl
3 cts???? I'm thinking I'd be getting a much bigger ring if my husband slept with an intern :)
I'd hate to think what a PSer's cheating husband would have to come up with. That would be one EXPENSIVE mistake.
32.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 8:09:53 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/7/2006 7:59:09 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 2/7/2006 7:55:59 PM
Author: Ann
speaking of The View, did anyone notice that Star Jones had her engagement/ wedding rings on her right hand?
She apparently does this because she gets some weird allergic reaction to her rings from time to time, a

Even her body chemistry is rejecting her obviously, notoriously, embarrasingly gay husband.
31.gif

Y''know, I''ve always thought that he is gayer than the day is long...time will tell though.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
You know, she never actually said he wasn''t gay, she said they have ''discussed'' his sexuality and she is comfortable with her decision to marry him. She HAS to know. She just wanted a wedding and a husband IMO.And diamonds, of course.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 cts???? I''m thinking I''d be getting a much bigger ring if my husband slept with an intern :)
yeah...ask Kobe''s wife.
31.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Huh...I don''t get it?

Who cares what jewellery she wears!

Blod
35.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Just a complete random, but has anyone seen Disney''s The Little Mermaid? Star Jones looked a lot like Ursula the bad octopus witch thing, when she was heavier, that is.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 11:06:21 PM
Author: surfrgrl

Who''s up for a Pricescope field trip, ladies? Have shovels, will travel!
41.gif

For a 4 ct. Yellow Diamond, I AM SOOOOOOO THERE!!!!!! I''d even be willing to sacrifice my manicure.

FYI, I bet the Dunay ring looks fabulous in person on the hand. It''s striking, but not for everyone. FYI, I wish Hillary would wear her bling.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
31.gif

Date: 2/8/2006 12:43:32 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Just a complete random, but has anyone seen Disney''s The Little Mermaid? Star Jones looked a lot like Ursula the bad octopus witch thing, when she was heavier, that is.

I''m dyinng laughing over here!!!
31.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 1:52:53 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

yeah...ask Kobe''s wife.
31.gif

i never saw the Kobe ring... is it around here?(off to search)

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Kaylagee-Kobe gave his wife a huge PURPLE diamond with a white diamond halo on a diamond eternity band. I don''t remember the carat weight but it was rumoured to cost 5 million. That was one costly mistake.
38.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
thanks MR! i''m looking at it now...

it would be lovely to see more fab romantic celeb jewelry from non-cheaters...makes me wonder if R. Burton was kosher? I''d like to believe he wasn''t making up for anything!

Ellen Barkin has an *incredible* JAR ring, she was in ''Bazaar'' or ''T&C'' magazine a while ago. I wish I''d saved the photo.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 2:28:01 PM
Author: kaylagee
thanks MR! i''m looking at it now...

it would be lovely to see more fab romantic celeb jewelry from non-cheaters...makes me wonder if R. Burton was kosher? I''d like to believe he wasn''t making up for anything!

Ellen Barkin has an *incredible* JAR ring, she was in ''Bazaar'' or ''T&C'' magazine a while ago. I wish I''d saved the photo.
I think Richard Burton just realized that he had the MOST HIGH MAINTAINANCE WOMAN ever!!! Not that there''s anything wrong with that
11.gif
Any woman that can get that much jewelry and that many men gets props from me
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think she was "flashing" the ring at all, just wearing it! I personally don''t care for the ring at all BUT it must be hard to be under the microscope no matter what you do, say, or wear! The "price of fame" as they say!

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw an article about her ring today & saw a piece about it on the news! Good grief...I really can''t believe with all of the happenings in DC the most important thing they have to worry about is Hillary''s ring.

1. As another poster said, if my husband was caught cheating, even as long ago as Bill did, he''d have to cough up MUCH more than a 3 ct. diamond. More like 3 cts. PER YEAR, every year, until he died LOL.

2. 3 cts. isn''t that big when you consider that the Clintons aren''t exactly hurting for cash.

3. I think a woman in her social/financial position who has been married for 30 years deserves at least 3 cts. LOL.

I''m not saying that you have to flaunt your wealth like some celebrities/millionaires do, but a ring like that is nowhere near out of place for her. I saw a thread on this board from posters here who have rings as big as hers. Must have been a slow news day to run with that story LOL.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t understand the hoopla. I caught the tail end of a conversation on The View and Elisabeth Hasselbeck(?) was saying that when John Kerry ran for prez he started dressing down in jeans and flannel shirts to be more of a ''peoples president'' I think Hilary has been in the public eye long enough that if she came out in a pair of overalls and her hair in pigtails she would be more ridiculed that for wearing a ring. It would be such and obvious change that it would seem fake. My goodness, she took so much flack for wearing a headband that a diamond would be an improvement.
28.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think a 3 carat ring is at all a big deal for someone in her position. I''d expect her to be in "substantial" diamonds. It''s not like she''s wearing diamond-encrusted eyeglasses or anything!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2006 8:36:19 AM
Author: sxn675
I don''t think a 3 carat ring is at all a big deal for someone in her position. I''d expect her to be in ''substantial'' diamonds. It''s not like she''s wearing diamond-encrusted eyeglasses or anything!
when she becomes the first lady president ,bill will upgrade it to a 10ct
31.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
WHAT? Al is gay? even more so, notoriously gay? This is the first I`ve heard of that. The PS community has all the intresting tidbits
6.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 2:57:21 PM
Author: allycat0303
WHAT? Al is gay? even more so, notoriously gay? This is the first I`ve heard of that. The PS community has all the intresting tidbits
6.gif
Yeah, there was a big stink about it before the wedding and she addresses it in her new book. She was asked about it on 20/20(I think) and got angry and refused to discuss it.

paintergirl

Rough_Rock
Let''s talk about Hillary''s NEW diamond ring and forget the ugly, old one (plenty of us have ugly, old rings, right?). I''m not a Hillary fan, but I''ve been married almost 30 years, too, and I think if you weather all of the turbulence life can throw at you and you can afford it -GO for the 3 carat ring! Lots of PS''ers have 3+ carat centers, there''s even a thread on it! Politics aside, her life must have been hell when she/we found out about Monica. If she can have a beautiful ring, good for her.

I suggested to my husband "3 decades + 3 children = 3 carats" - and this was WAY before Hillary''s ring! We both laugh, but if he could do it, he would, in a heartbeat!

I WANT ONE!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results