shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a flower girl dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I have previously posted my dress. It is a simple, straight dress. The manufacturer calls the color "natural." Which to me just looks white. My bridesmaids are wearing After Six Style 6214 in a Champagne color. After Six calls it Palamino, which does not look anything like on their website- it actually looks more like the banana color. Anyhow, it is champagne colored. My bouquet will look something like this:

my bouquet.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I do not really have wedding colors per se. My bridesmaids bouquets will consist of about 5 callas and some greenery and will be all one color from my bouquet (haven''t picked that color yet, but leaning more towards the apricot/orangy color or the eggplant/deep purplish color). My groomsmen will be somewhat like this:

groomsmen.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I have found the following two dresses on ebay- do you guys think that this color scheme will be okay? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am not a big fan of the all white FG dress because the BM dresses are so light. One of my bridesmaids thinks these are too pastel whereas my bouquet will be primary colors. I think it looks okay, but I am not great at this sort of stuff.

flower girl sage front.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
the other one (will probably be a better fit for my FG)

flower girl sage and white.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo Ky6, I like the first dress you posted!! They''re both adorable
1.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
btw, my flower girl will not be carrying a bouquet- just a basket with petals. I don''t know if that helps. I had a montage of everything on one page and I thought it looked okay, but 1) I cannot upload it and 2) I am just no good at the whole putting the right colors together. So I am eager to hear what everyone thinks.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
sunkist- the first was my favorite too, but it is an inch smaller than her mother measured her in the waist. i talked to a seamstress and she said there is usually enough space to let out a little in the binding and we may be able to make it work. but the second one is the exact right size in the waist and I am a little paranoid about ordering one and not being able to alter it enough.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I think either one will be great... I lean towards the first one, but the second one is cute w/the petals... have you asked the FG which one she likes better?!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
No I haven''t asked her which she likes better, but primarily because I am unsure whether this color will go with what I already have going color wise. My bouquet will have some white callas mixed in with the eggplant, yellow, and pinks. And I have decided my bridesmaids will carry small bouquets of the eggplant color. I am mainly trying to figure out if this sage color (on either of the dresses) will go okay.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hm... w/all the other colors potentially going on w/ the eggplant, pink, and yellow, I would stick to the second one just bc it''s less green... if your colors included green I might go w/the first.... does the dress come in pink or yellow?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
They''re both so cute!! I like the first one a little bit better..With champagne.. I think the white on the 2nd dress might be a not quite right.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one as well. I think it will look great with the Champaigne color. The second one, I think would be to clashing and busy with the white skirt and the flowers at the bottom.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmm....you have A LOT of colors going on with your bouquet and the bridesmaids being in champagne. Not sure how the sage would fit in, but it should be ok since it isn''t a hugely overpowering color that would fight. Of the two I would chose the first one, cuz that would only add one more color, versus the greena nd white that would add two more colors. also, like someone else mentioned, the white may look off agains the champagne and natural of ya''lls dresses.

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your opinions. There will be white in the ceremony- My dress, though called natural, looks white white in person. Plus there will be white callas in my bouquet. I don''t know if that makes a difference. I agree that there certainly is a lot of color involved and I guess I do fear that everything will be too busy. I am actually more concerned about what sprinkling white in with that bouquet will look like. I have been trying to figure out how to doctor my picture so I can get a visual, but am not that computer literate. I thought maybe doing the sage bodice/white skirt would tie into the white in my bouquet and dress, but when I look at it all together I do lean toward the all green one.

Flopkins- it does come in a very pale pink, but I think the pale pink is too pale with the pink in the bouquet being so bright.

GingerB- Now I am getting a little paranoid that the champagne bridesmaids will not look okay agains my white dress.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 12:31:33 PM
Author: ky6
Thanks for your opinions. There will be white in the ceremony- My dress, though called natural, looks white white in person. Plus there will be white callas in my bouquet. I don''t know if that makes a difference. I agree that there certainly is a lot of color involved and I guess I do fear that everything will be too busy. I am actually more concerned about what sprinkling white in with that bouquet will look like. I have been trying to figure out how to doctor my picture so I can get a visual, but am not that computer literate. I thought maybe doing the sage bodice/white skirt would tie into the white in my bouquet and dress, but when I look at it all together I do lean toward the all green one.

Flopkins- it does come in a very pale pink, but I think the pale pink is too pale with the pink in the bouquet being so bright.

GingerB- Now I am getting a little paranoid that the champagne bridesmaids will not look okay agains my white dress.
ky6 -- it''ll look fine because it is obviously champagne. the natural white dress looks white, butif you put it next to a white white dress, you''ll likely see the difference that you couldn''t detect alone (i had this with my ivory dress that to me looks white, but looked AWFUL with a white white veil). I was originally going with champagne bm dresses too. I think it''ll be very pretty! I was more thinking of the white white of the FG dress against the almost white of your dress. But, i"ve never seen your fabric, so all my wories may be moot
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results