shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s gift for yourself.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, maybe it comes from many years of being a divorced, single girl(when v-day was a four-letter word) or maybe I just like to spoil myself...I have a ten-year tradition of buying myself something special for v-day and was wondering if anyone else does the same? and do you have any silly rules, i.e. I always make sure it has some red, sometimes it will have to do with hearts...past "gifts" have included garnet bracelets, swatch watches, red high heels (and I''m 5''10",) heart desert plates..nothing too expensive but something I can look at and enjoy.

Any ideas to help me with this year? FI is an anti-valentine kind of guy so no luck on that front, a girl''s got to take care of herself!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That isn't a hard choice for me - whenever I buy myself a gift it is ALWAYS perfume! Such a mood and confidence booster too - but for some reason I always go for Chanel Number 5 - an oldie but a goodie
16.gif
Clarins have a lovely new fragrance out in a red bottle or Amour Amour by Cacharel comes in a really sweet bottle too - also red if I remember rightly. Chanel's Allure is also good if you haven't tried it and comes in the classy black and beige packaging - a girl ABSOLUTELY has to spoil herself....
face20.gif
emlove.gif
emrose.gif
emgift.gif
41.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well now you''ve got me thinking I need to buy myself something! You people are bad for me (in a good way)! Usually I just paint my toenails red for V-Day. This year I guess I will have to treat the tootsies to a pedicure instead!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of COURSE you need to buy yourself something Monarch - you DESERVE IT!
41.gif
A pedicure sounds good, with hot wax booties - the works!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the idea of getting yourself a V-Day present. That way you are guaranteed to get a gift and guaranteed to like it! My dear BF is good at getting me what I like once I point it out, but I''m picky enough that it''s hard to surprise me with something I will like. I think I might have to start my own V-Day present to myself tradition! Now I just have to decide what I want...
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hah if I tried to incorporate some sort of gift for myself on VDay, Greg would just roll his eyes and comment about how I gift myself things every other day of the year so why should this day be any different. haaaa!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally want these plates and bowls from W-S...but they are kinda expensive for the novelty ($34 for a set of 2 bowls, $36 for a set of two plates). But I love ''em. Can''t bring myself to do it though!

img37.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 1:37:28 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I totally want these plates and bowls from W-S...but they are kinda expensive for the novelty ($34 for a set of 2 bowls, $36 for a set of two plates). But I love ''em. Can''t bring myself to do it though!
FG- those are exactly what I''m talking about, I know it seems silly but they would make everything taste better, IMO
3.gif
I just love things like that!

Lorelei- now I have to go do some perfume research- I really do need a "signature scent."

Monarch- a pedicure sounds like heaven, doesn''t it? Go sexy red and get some little white or glitter hearts done for fun, what a great winter pick-me-up. I''m considering a beauty counter makeover and splurge as a potential v-day present but I always like something as a keepsake, too.

Come on ladies, spoil yourselves!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
and I also collect american made pottery and art pottery- I''ve lusted over getting an original McCoy Heart Vase for awhile, so I bid today on this one, which would make a nice v-day gift to me

mccoyheart.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I did spoil myself this year and purchased a whole new assortment of makeup and creams. Got a full makeover, new palettes/shadows from Stila, MAC, Cargo and creams from La Prairie. These are fun because I can enjoy it all year round! (and one of the eye shadow sets creates a smoldering sexy look - perfect for v-day ;-)

Last year I got a floral print camisole undi set and just haven't worn it that much, which prompted me to try out some new face stuff because this is more usable.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh what did you get from La Prairie, MC? I adore that line...I use some of their serums.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Those are cute!

If you really want them, wait until 2/15- I bet they''ll be on sale.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 2:01:39 AM
Author: Mara
Ooh what did you get from La Prairie, MC? I adore that line...I use some of their serums.
I got the Extrait of Skin Caviar Firming Complex and The Retexturizing Booster. Then I also bought a gift-with-purchase set from a friend who was trying to recoop some of the $ she spent on her La Prairie - lol (it''s an expensive habit!). This GWP has some of the contouring products and others in delux sample size (each will last about a month if use sparingly). Then, I got a bunch more odd ball stuff after contacting La Prairie. They sent me a whole gift pack. I''m sending you a PM about this!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I use both the Extrait of Caviar Firming and the Retexturizing...I feel like the Retext actually does more than the Firming Caviar...but then again I guess the results I am looking for will be seen LATER in life and not necessarily now. But it''s sure fun slathering the stuff on!!

My other fave is the C Serum which I think they re-did and called it something else now since I can''t find it, when I run out of it I will be sad!

Oh and one other thing, make sure you use all this stuff on your NECK as well as your face, I read some article that was talking about how women do all this stuff to their face to keep it young but the neck skin ages over time as well and you don''t want a saggy old neck and young face!! I also have been putting the same stuff on my HANDS because I figure if I will have a young face and neck then I want young hands too. Hhahahaa. Well I can dream, who really knows what it will all turn out like 20 years from now!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 4:10:29 PM
Oh I use both the Extrait of Caviar Firming and the Retexturizing...I feel like the Retext actually does more than the Firming Caviar...but then again I guess the results I am looking for will be seen LATER in life and not necessarily now. But it''s sure fun slathering the stuff on!!
The texturizer seems to create immediate improvements as long as I use this and another type of exfoliator (philosophy''s) regulary. I don''t wear foundation, but I''ve noticed that if I put the Firming Complex on and then put my blush over, my complextion looks smooth like I''m wearing foundation. I''ve noticed a strong symbiotic relationship between these two products, though, so I think the retexurizer and the firming complex are better as a set rather than as one or the other alone. (and, I''m mean, what, it''s only an extra $150!
9.gif
lol)

I''ve been trying to focus on my neck, but lately, I''ve become obsessed with using these products on my feet! lol I know this is ridiculous, boardering on obsession, but I''ve been applying the microdelivery system to my heels and they''re SO soft now! I''m also putting another AHA product on them too. Can''t wait until summer to show off my new-and-improved feet. Last year, my heels were all dried and cracked.
14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually its funny you say that about the extrait of skin caviar doing the whole smooth firming foundation look because I felt the same way. I don''t wear alot of makeup at all and that really made my skin look that tiny bit more polished and filled out....but I felt like it didn''t necessarily give me SOFTER skin or BETTER LOOKING skin when I was not wearing it. But yes it definitely does have that smoothing ''in the now'' feel...hmmm I have not been using it hardly at all lately, but now maybe I have to start again!!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
How about a trip to a warmer climate?
2.gif

What ever happened with you wanting a red spinel neckalce?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I usually do some form of lotions and potions for my self v-day present. Would there happen to be a Lush near you? Their gorgeous cream is worth it''s weight in gold! I look years younger, and it smells wonderful! In fact I hardly ever bother to wear foundation anymore. I''m flying out to LA on friday for the day, and that''s the first store I''m heading to!
If you want to do perfume research, Sephora is the best place in existence. Walls of perfumes you can try, with little descriptions. Also I found a site one time that lets you order samples of all these different high-class perfumes. I can''t remember the site off hand, so I''ll ask my mother tomorrow.
Or how about a pedicure and a new pair of shoes? Can''t beat shoe shopping, IMO, and it''s fun to do with a girlfriend. I dread the day when my bf becomes my dh and discovers exactly how many shoes I own.
11.gif
I think I''ll do the pedicure thing for myself this year. If I have any spending cash left after Lush, of course.
2.gif

I think the biggest v-day present I ever bought myself was this 18k antique snake ring with ruby eyes and a rose-cut pear diamond in it''s head. That was a ''who needs a guy'' present.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 2:02:15 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl

Those are cute!

If you really want them, wait until 2/15- I bet they''ll be on sale.

I''m counting on it.

31.gif
*fingers crossed*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2006 4:10:29 PM

Oh and one other thing, make sure you use all this stuff on your NECK as well as your face,that
Yes ladies NECKS ARE VERY IMPORTANT SO DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE THEM!!! My neck is wearing well but not quite as well as my face, which as yet I don't have one wrinkle on and at my age that is a MAJOR achievement!!
16.gif
I think a sunscreen helps and I always use one on my face as I am outside so much but this year my neck will get some too. Better to try to prevent damage than repair it. Of course the fact that I live in a wet and dull climate doesn't hurt either - it is a major event if the sun comes out this time of year.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 10:31:39 PM
Author: Matatora
How about a trip to a warmer climate?
2.gif

What ever happened with you wanting a red spinel neckalce?
Oh, you know I haven''t forgotten about that project
2.gif
Just looking for a stone with everything I want!

and I shouldn''t put off that "trip to a warmer climate" much longer- since I have a little e-ring admiring to catch up on (not to mention a new solitaire pendant and that blue halo pendant to oogle
3.gif
)

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Another pair of shoes won''t hurt
2.gif

I am so coveting this pair of Manolos, but it won''t arrive in Melbourne till next month!

ManoloBlahnikRosePump.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am giving "us" and "me" wedding photo prints and our album. haha So romantic!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I got myself this little embroidered hoodie fromCustom Glam Girl . I got it today and I really like it.
Hoodie

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s perfectly fine to buy yourself a Valentine''s Day present!

My honey gets a little stessed this time of month ...

Bday on the 3rd, and then Valentines on the 14! Poor thing!

I am pretty simple ...

Get me candles
emlove.gif
, lotions
emlove.gif
, chocolate
emlove.gif
, fix a special dinner
emlove.gif
, flowers
emlove.gif
, backrub
emlove.gif
, oh ... and did I say ... Jewelry?
emlove.gif
31.gif

Ha! No pressure honey ... Poor Guy!
emwink.gif

I love to buy for my family too! I always give them the fru-fru chocolate, and then something special that I happen to see at the mall.

Sometimes, if I see something that I just have to have, I will just buy it ... I do love the symbol of the heart, and the colors red & pink ... so anything goes. Last year I broke down and bought the prettiest cotton candy pink candles with glistening rhinestones on them (they smelled so goood!) and a heart shaped pewter frame with crystals (put a picture of hubby & I in it).

I enjoy reading what you''all do!
9.gif

Have a wonderful weekend to all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! IT''S LOVELY
30.gif
30.gif
A pendant would be incredible......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results