shape
carat
color
clarity

new dress lust?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Come on Ginger, your dress is stunning!

It''s time to stop looking now...you could go on like this forever! and waste a lot of money too.

Be content with what you have choosen...you''ll look beautiful it in! (just my opinion)

Blod
35.gif

flee12

Rough_Rock
I think this one is to die for!!!! But that''s just me, I absolutely love lace and the silhouette will compliment your figure really well as you have an equally to die for figure as well.
emwink.gif
I think there''s no harm in trying it on but if it''s me, I will only buy it if I can sell the Reem for a good price.

Tiffany1976

Shiny_Rock
Ginger,

I think you should stick with the Reem Acra. Yes, the other dress is beautiful too, but no more beautiful, or perfect than your first. You are the one who is going to make the dress stunning, not the other way around. It is always easy to be tempted by something new and fresh, but I think that you''ll find yourself with two dresses...and you would have been just as happy with only the first one. You never get all of the money you paid by selling your dress on ebay. You get half. If people wanted to buy for full price, they would just go to the store. I think that by the time your Reem is fitted perfectly to you, you will be thrilled. It''s difficult to get excited until you see it looking perfect on you. Remember, it''s only one day, and one dress. I think people stress out way too much over dresses. You have a perfect figure and would look great in anything. Everyone is going to be speechless when they see you!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies....thanks so much for your advice! It really helped to hear other brides, former brides, and brides-to-bes'' opinions on the matter. I ended up deciding to start putting out feelers. I called the salon and asked if they had the dress, would it be here on time witha rush,etc... THey didn''t have the dress, but there is a trunk show in a couple of weeks. THe lady called MLto see if the dress could be rushed on time, which it would be if I ordered this week. Rush is 10%, so I had been hoping to be able to do the trunk show, cuz you get 10% off if you order then. Anyway, she told me they culd get the dress shipped in this week for me to try on and order. Then she told me the price.

23.gif

Now my FI has been reeeaaaaal good to me about the budget, and honestly if I really wanted, we could probably squeeze the dress in. And as much as I want my dream wedding, there are definitely lines I will not cross. The dress was DOUBLE the cost of my reem.

23.gif

So, that stopped it right there. As much as It hink the dress is gorgeous, the price tag and the britney spears comment (can''t remember who said that -- made me laugh) has 90% and rising taken my mind off the dress. Thank goodness...that was a total luny bride moment. Thanks for talking me throughit ya''ll!

I think part of it canme from me going to try on my dress and not loving the way it looked on me. It was too big and the lady didn''t want to pin it (of course) because she didn''t want to mess up the fabric. I guess I had a disappinting moment and my mind started wandering. OK, whew, hat was a close one. I am resolved to keep going fwd and to stop looking back! Gonna go schedule my first fitting now that my shoes are in.

Thanks again...sorry fort he freak out!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger -
Is it okay to ask how much Monique Lhuillier charges for the lace dress?
You''ve piqued my curiousity.

Scintillating...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 2:57:55 PM
Author: Scintillating
Ginger -

Scintillating...

pm''ed ya!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
I think you made a good choice. You will see once the Reem is altered how much you truly love it.
35.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Ha Ha! I feel like one of the few devils in the group trying to get you to try it on! I just wanted to live through you Ginger!
You look so cute in everything!!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock

Ginger,

I think the dress you picked is to die for and you look so gorgeous in it.

I had the exact same dilemma as you with a Monique Lhuillier beauty. It was simply divine... I couldn''t decide between their dress and one that I had tried on and fell in-love with previously. In the end, the ML dress didn''t fit the style of my wedding as well. As gorgeous as it was, the other dress prevailed. I freaked out though and started second guessing my choice. I think you made the right decision~

By the way, I think you could wear a potato sack and still look fabulous, you look amazing in every dress!!!!

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
I''m a little late on the scene but I think both dresses are equally gorgeous in their own way. I also agree that you would look fantabulous in just about anything - including a potato sack.
9.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, the MLo is beautiful, and I love her dresses, but honestly - I think your Reem is prettier. It''s going to look gorgeous on you.

36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 5:00:51 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
Date: 2/2/2006 2:57:55 PM
Author: Scintillating
Ginger -

Scintillating...
pm''ed ya!

Mind PMing me with that too?
31.gif
I kind of fell in love with the ML from your pictures, even though I was 99% sure it was too much for me BEFORE you said it was double the Reem...so I''m just curious now...
26.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 11:42:20 AM
Author: gingerBcookie

I think part of it canme from me going to try on my dress and not loving the way it looked on me.

I totally understand what you mean. When my dress came in it was (and still is!) way too big for me, and I felt kinda let down when I tried it on... but I think that it will be MUCH better when I get it altered!!!

PS Do you mind PM-ing me the price too?! hehe I''m curious!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Just PM''ed Milly, Albi, and Flopkins!

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
Ginger,

I can''t believe I saw this post so late but wanted to say that I think you would look gorgeous in both, I really like you in the first one you posted with the sash. With your slender figure, everything falls right where it should.
9.gif

Would you mind pming me the ML info as well? I absolutely love that dress.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 5:52:50 PM
Author: freckles127
Ginger,

I can''t believe I saw this post so late but wanted to say that I think you would look gorgeous in both, I really like you in the first one you posted with the sash. With your slender figure, everything falls right where it should.
9.gif

Would you mind pming me the ML info as well? I absolutely love that dress.
done!

i seem to have caused opened a couple of cans for other ppl as well...oops
emembarrassed.gif
9.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like your Reem dress better! I like strapless dresses more personally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results