shape
carat
color
clarity

new dress lust?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
this is so so so bad! i love my wedding dress...but i can''t stop thinking ablut this new dress from monique lhuillier! now i am trying to talk myself out of talking myself into buying a second dress. is it even too late? aaaaargh!! what a sucky feeling! what should i do? should i go try it on? should i ask if it is possible to rush it? should i go see how much it is? does anyone know the name of this dress? does anyone know how much it costs? i am torn! should i open this can of worms? or is itoo late have i already?

here''s the front:

mlnewlace.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
and the back:

mlnewlaceback.JPG

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is really pretty. Do you have any pictures of the dress you already have?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
my dress thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/there-were-no-tears.31856/

what do i do? i just told my FI and he the absolute sweetheart he is didn''t even pause and said just get the new dress. I asked what aboout the old one...he said return it. I told him you can''t do that. so he said sell it. he is too good to me.
30.gif
30.gif
but i feel UNBELIEVABLY GUILTY!!!

somethingblue

Rough_Rock
HI there - I am brand new here, but since I have been in the same boat these past few days with some new dresses I have seen so I thought I might reply. I have the same thoughts of wanting v. guilt... I talked it over with some GFs that have seen my bought dress on me and they loved it and reminded me how much I did too - they also reminded me that my wedding is already costing about 30% more than I had planned and that I should just take a step back... I still think about the other dress, but I also still love my first love dress... That''s just my 2 cents. Your other dress is stunning btw...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I think that if this IS the dress- I mean THE dress, you should sell your other one and keep this one. I think this one is STUNNING
30.gif
. You could defintiely get a good price on the other one, and you may even MAKE money. Suer, you may lose money, but this is the dress you''ll see in pictures for the rest of your life, don''t let it go because you feel guilty. I''d rather feel a little guilty (until I sold the dress), than have buyers remorse for something you wish you had gotten instead. Go with your gut.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I absolutely love the dress you have. It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

In the end, it really comes down to what you really want and any budget issues you may have. If you''re on a budget, you may want to keep the dress you have. I''ve heard a lot of people complain about over-spending and wishing they''d done it differently. However, if money isn''t a factor, do what makes you happy. It is your special day. I''m sure you''ll be happy with whatever you decide.
1.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
OPEN THAT CAN OF WORMS! Find it and try it on, it''s the only way you''ll know for sure. The dress you have is so gorgeous. You should have no trouble selling it, right? Why not try it on?

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i love the dress you most recently posted!! the back is to die for. i know that these sorts of comments aren''t really helping to talk you out of buying two dresses, but like others have said it all comes down to the $$$$. if you can afford it, get the dress of your dreams. sell the one that isn''t. but be careful, what if in another few weeks there is another dress that you absolutely love??? that said. i love that dress. man. i do. i wonder how much it runs?

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 2:31:40 PM
Author: Tybee
OPEN THAT CAN OF WORMS! Find it and try it on, it''s the only way you''ll know for sure. The dress you have is so gorgeous. You should have no trouble selling it, right? Why not try it on?
I have to agree. Knowing myself, I would always regret not trying it on.. If you hate it on yourself, then you have no problem. If you love it and need to have it then buy it, sell the other one and know that you made the decision that was right for you. This is your wedding and you need to be happy with your dress. Do what makes sense in your heart and let us know what you decide!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... It definitely can''t hurt to try it on, and if you truly love it, you can always sell your Reem. It''s a Reem, right? I''m sure plenty of people would be interested in it. There is the Knot, Preownedweddingdresses.com, Ebay, Craig''s List...

Someone will definitely buy it!

Good luck - that dress is to die for. I am so in love with Monique Lhullier''s dresses. I want one myself.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like the dress you already have better....
23.gif
but follow your heart.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
CLOSE THE CAN! DON''T LET THE WORMS OUT! That''s my rational response. If you want to keep things simple, then don''t try on the new dress. The dress you already have is gorgeous, stunning, beautiful and you are going to be a radiant bride in it.

On the other hand, my emotional and impulsive side says TRY IT ON, GET THE DRESS OF YOUR DREAMS! Since I''ve done this myself, I know exactly what is going through your mind and heart. Nothing rational you hear is going to stop you from at least trying on the Monique. And when it''s love, you have to follow your heart, right?

Good luck! And, of course, we do expect pics of it.
2.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 2:56:00 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
23.gif
but follow your heart.
I agree.

This dress is pretty but I like the dress that you said you bought. It is much more ''bride-ish'' to me.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like the one you have now better, this new one strikes me as trendy and reminds me of Britney Spears dress. Does it suit the sort of wedding you will have? What else will need to change if you get the new dress?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ginger, I too love the dress you already have. It''s unbelievably divine, and I think you''ll look just gorgeous in it.

However, you may always wonder "what if?" and if that will make you crazy and you have enough time before the wedding, I don''t see what it could hurt to at least try it on and find out?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 3:05:33 PM
Author: Caribou

23.gif
but follow your heart.
I agree.

This dress is pretty but I like the dress that you said you bought. It is much more ''bride-ish'' to me.
Ditto
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Try it on (because sometimes a pic doesn''t translate to looking as amazing on you)

And go with the one you like best. It''s your wedding, once in a life time, I would buy the second if it felt like "The Dress"

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ginger-

Stick with the Reem- I usually like Monique''s stuff a lot, but for some reason not crazy about this specific dress- but you have to go with your gut- if you feel that the ML is the one, then go try it on....

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I dunno.
Yes it is a beautiful dress.
But your dress is a beautiful dress too!

I guess I think (For some people, myself included on occasion) there is always going to be the more perfect dress, the more perfect ring, the more perfect stone.
If you know you''re one of those people, don''t go try it on - and go try to focus your energies on some other facet of your big day.

If you aren''t like that, then go try it on. I bet your love your dress will be cemented. (Reem''s Adore, is that right?)

If for some reason you do fall in love with the ML dress, and have to sell the Reem - you will most likely lose money on the deal. It''s pretty rare to get people to purchase a dress like that from an individual at full retail - because if you can afford retail you''re going to want the experience and any customization and/or alterations. (At least that''s true from my experience.)

Scintillating...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THAT NEW dress.. I love your dress too though.. Have you tried on the new Monique L''huillier dress?? If I was picking the dress for myself.. I''d definitely pick the ML..And I think it would look fantastic on you.. But you should definitely try it on first..that open back is a little scary to me.. :)
If you HAVE tried it on.. and still love it.. I''m SURE you can sell your REEM.. People are MAD over Reem''s..

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Your original dress is to die for! I think it''s also more classic and elegant than the newer one you posted.

My personal preference is for the first one. But then again, it''s not my wedding!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
um hello? Girl you are getting a REEM! A REEM A REEM!

I like the Monique Lhullier dresses too and you could pull that one off, but your gown is FAB.

On the other hand, I happen to own two wedding dresses. My inner princess was acting out and I bought an "extra" R Keveza on Ebay. All the gowns are so beautiful..and you dream about it for so long...it''s almost impossible to stop the madness.

:)

lovey

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger,

I like the Reem much better, but it is your wedding and you must have the dress that you absolutely love more than any other dress out there. I would suggest trying on the new one and seeing how you feel in it, because if you don''t, it''ll eat at you and you''ll never live it down.

JUST GO TRY IT ON! and don''t forget to take pictures!! I''m still waiting for pics of you in the Reem, which you never posted!!!
41.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really easy to second guess yourself... do you have your original dress yet? I would try it on again and see how you feel. If you aren''t as excited about it anymore then try on the new one and see if you really like it... who knows maybe you won''t even like it!

If money isn''t a problem then I wouldn''t worry too much...

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
When is the wedding? Do you even have time to get the second one?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh Ginger... that''s a tough one! I think if you have the money and it will always be something you look back on and think "what if..." then you should go try that dress on! Who knows- maybe you won''t like it on you anyway. you would definitely lose a lot of money in the deal should you try to sell your Reem... I think I am too practical to buy two crazy expensive dresses though!

My personal preference is for the Reem you already have..... and I would be more than happy to take it off your hands should you decide to sell it
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
the reem is amazing. i think i''d stick with that. but, as a girl struggling herself between 2 dresses, i know what you mean. i re-read your post about the reem. you love that dress. in fact, i wish i had that magical moment of finding the one and knowing!! ughh! crappy wedding dress decisions!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 4:41:36 PM
Author: Rascal49

Date: 2/1/2006 3:05:33 PM
Author: Caribou

23.gif
but follow your heart.
I agree.

Ditto
1.gif
I Triple, Quadruple, Quintuple that statement!!! I like the Reem that you already have so much better than this new dress you''re considering! In the end you have to do what makes you happy, but IMO your first dress is better!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HMMMM I definitely like the Reem better, I agree that this seems kind of like a newish trendy dress but in 20 years? What will you think of it then in the pictures...heeh something to consider! But it''s stunning, the lace is beautiful. I actually really loved the sash dress the best in your other thread, your figure is just so perfect for a gown like that.

I would love to see pictures of you in the Reem!!

I never really found THE dress, and the closest to it did not work with the type of wedding we were having and the kind of budget I had in mind, so I can''t really relate to having one that I adored, then buying another that I thought I liked better....once I bought my dress it was like ''onto the next thing i have to tackle!''

But for most gals the dress is very important! So go with your heart but I''d REALLY think about it....don''t just make an impulse purchase that you could regret later because it seems like a stunning dress (there were a few of those in catalogs I saw but the price and the realization that I probably didn''t have the body for it kind of kept me grounded!).

I''d try to find it to try it on and go from there. If it really captures your heart well then you may have an answer! Or it may not look good at all and you''ll be saved.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results