shape
carat
color
clarity

Eight Prong Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping that, if any of you have them, you could share pics of your eight prong rings. I''m considering a ring with eight prongs, because I like the more antiquish look. I just haven''t seen that many photos of them. Also, how have you enjoyed your eight prong ring? Do you ever wish you had fewer prongs?

Thanks, everyone!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
JDgirl, I don''t have an 8 prong ring right now, but the one I am in love is. I too wonder if it''ll be too overpowering. I''ll be glad to hear what the other ladies say about their 8 prong rings. Here''s the ring I am interested in.

tacorisolitairering-1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't mine either... It is a traditional basket setting and the tiny prongs don't look overpowering at all, IMO. Fewer prongs could not have been this small safely, perhaps. The same made with contrafort-like tall prongs as the 'tiffany stile' rings have would probably be quite weird and heavy.

My 2c.

The diamond in the picture is 2 cts.

8Fold_Symetry.JPG

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Neat thread idea, I''d love to see some more eight prong rings!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2006 8:35:16 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
Neat thread idea, I''d love to see some more eight prong rings!
Done
1.gif

These two are 40 pts each... and I can''t say I wish there were fewer prongs. Could it be bacause the round brilliants themselves have 8-fold symmetry themselves and 8 prongs just fits them?

408.JPG

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!

Val, do you have any other pics of that first one you posted? Maybe a side shot? I LOVE the prongs!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No other pics of that one, but ... maybe these can help:

808.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Do you like the look of four sets of "twin" (or "split") prongs? I think that can look very lovely with a RB. No photos handy, though. Sorry! Maybe someone else has some?

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
No, I''m not really looking for four split prongs, they don''t look antique enough for me. Also, they don''t cover enough of the side of the stone, which I kind of want to do since antique stones are warmer in color, typically. But thanks for the suggestion!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oooo! Leila and Valeria I love the rings you posted! Leila is that a Tacori too? I too have considered an 8 prong ring. I''ve been looking at settings for so long now that I''ve actually gone through the cycle of wanting 6 prong, then 8 prong, then 4 prong and now looking at 6 and 8 again!! I''m sure everyone else does this too!
19.gif

Here''s my contribution to the eye candy!

cornellsjewelers_DRSM07511.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
And here''s another

100088042.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really want 8 prongs the next time around. My SIL has 8 prongs on hers and it looks great.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Is your SIL''s ring a name brand that we could see a pic of? Or does she have any pics to share? I''d love to see more hand pics of eight prongs. I know someone on this board must have one...
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ill ask her to snap a pic. It''s completely custom and I have never seen anything like it.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 3:44:42 PM
Author: sunkist
Oooo! Leila and Valeria I love the rings you posted! Leila is that a Tacori too? I too have considered an 8 prong ring. I''ve been looking at settings for so long now that I''ve actually gone through the cycle of wanting 6 prong, then 8 prong, then 4 prong and now looking at 6 and 8 again!! I''m sure everyone else does this too!
19.gif
Hi Sunkist! Yes, it''s a Tacori. I love that setting you posted. Browneyedgirl had that setting. I''m going through something similar to you, only for me it''s going back and forth from keeping my current setting, tiffany replica solitaire, tacori solitaire, and back again.
19.gif
I feel like something is wrong with me!
14.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Oh Leila, yes I know how it feels. My BF will be proposing within 6 months and I feel like I have to find THE perfect one today, but I''m so indecisive. Be sure and let me know if you make any final decisions
2.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
And not to take this thread too off topic or anything, but Leila have you tried on that brwneyedgrl setting? I tried it on a while ago and it felt so high. I''m looking for something lower profile. I think you could seriously fit another diamond and a 1/2 underneath the bottom of the set diamond!
3.gif
Hey, that might be a cool idea - stacked diamonds! .... But really, if you know of any similar settings that are lower profile, please share! Thanks.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I came across this one online, and I''ve been drooling over it for a while. Anyone have any others to share?

EightProngAntique.JPG

thall005

Rough_Rock
Leila, I''m brand new to PS. I am going to choose a solitare setting within the week, for a RB. Pleeeeze tell me who makes the setting you showed us at the beginning of this thread. The band was thin and I think small little thingies on the band on each side of the center stone. I love that setting. Thanks so much.

thall005

Rough_Rock
Hi Sunkist. Please tell me who makes the beautiful setting with the intricate basket. A side view and top view were posted. I am choosing a setting for my new stone I hope to purchase this week. This setting is a possibility; it is beautiful. Thanks.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I never even thought about an eight prong setting until I saw this thread and now that I''ve seen these pictures I think it really looks great.
I think having eight small prongs looks better than having half as many which than need to be larger for safety''s sake.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2006 10:55:54 PM
Author: Diamond Mo
Leila, I''m brand new to PS. I am going to choose a solitare setting within the week, for a RB. Pleeeeze tell me who makes the setting you showed us at the beginning of this thread. The band was thin and I think small little thingies on the band on each side of the center stone. I love that setting. Thanks so much.
Hi Diamond Mo! Welcome to Pricescope.
35.gif
The setting is from Tacori.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 8:11:20 PM
Author: Leila
JDgirl, I don't have an 8 prong ring right now, but the one I am in love is. I too wonder if it'll be too overpowering. I'll be glad to hear what the other ladies say about their 8 prong rings. Here's the ring I am interested in.

I love this setting!!!!!! So beautiful. I'm really liking the 8 prong look a lot. I'm kind of surprised because it seems like it would be overpowering, but I think if the stone is large enough, it looks great!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never would have given eight prongs a thought but some of these are really beautiful!

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
I have really liked the idea of an eight-prong ring since I saw a ring *very* similar to the first one Valeria posted (the YG one).... so I welcome this thread - yay!!
9.gif

It would be really appreciated if people could continue note the size of the stone as well (if known) so that we can see how it looks on different sized diamonds, as well.... many thanks in advance.... :)

I am off to look for more eight-prong settings....
31.gif

Cheers

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2006 11:03:37 PM
Author: Diamond Mo
Hi Sunkist. Please tell me who makes the beautiful setting with the intricate basket. A side view and top view were posted. I am choosing a setting for my new stone I hope to purchase this week. This setting is a possibility; it is beautiful. Thanks.

Hi DiamondMo,

Sorry if this reply is too late, it''s been a week exactly since you asked, so maybe you bought the ring already?!?! The 2 rings I posted are also Tacori.

So let us know if you got a setting! If not yet, update us on the story!
9.gif
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results