shape
carat
color
clarity

Beaudry look-alikes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I have spent several hours looking at all these wonderful antique setting sites! But I keep coming back to a ring by Beaudry, unfortunately. And I say unfortunately because there is no way that I want to spend $5950 on a just setting without the center diamond! I wonder if I could have a copy made? Obviously it would have to have some changes to be legal, but I wonder who could do that level of quality work?

Here is the setting that I love:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/michael-beaudry-jewelry/rings/17B1/18/this-gorgeous-michael-beaudry-stunner-is-platinum-and-diamond-semi-mount-enhanced-with-pave-diamonds/

Maybe someone can paste the picture for me! I know Art Nouveau had a custom Beaudry made with a similar band, and I love it. But I want mine a little more simple without the halo. I would not wear another band with it. Do any of you know who does good Beaudry look-alikes? I just don''t care about the designer name at all.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this post probably belings in Rocky Talk. I''m moving it over there.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look up ''Beaudry'' around here... a few went for custom work instead. And at least a couple of posters had (workmanship) trouble with the originals.

My 2c

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Quest Jewelers has done some beautiful custom pieces for some of the posters here. Have you checked out that thread? Sometimes though if you really really love the original you may be ahead to just bite the bullet and get exactly what you want.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
If you keep coming back to one setting, then trust your gut.....and go CUSTOM with a few minor changes! WF, Quest, James Allen, among others, all do gorgeous custom work!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the setting:

beaudryyum.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! And thanks BlueRoses for posting the picture for me!

If I buy the diamond I have ordered, then I probably could try Quest for the setting since they apparently make settings if you provide the diamond. But if I don''t get this diamond, then I guess I need to just choose a diamond from WF or JA in order to make it easier. Except don''t some people get Wink to make custom settings? The diamond I have ordered is from him.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, Wink does incredible custom work too. Definitely worth emailing a few vendors and asking for a quote.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a thought - those kite shaped diamonds on the sides are a Beaudry "signature" cut, I believe. Other kite shapes (different faceting?) are available, I''m sure, but these are not small side stones (I''ve tried this ring on), and those kites alone will add significantly to the cost of a setting regardless of who makes it. FWIW -

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also - Bill Pearlman carries Beaudry''s line because he feels they are well made, quality pieces of jewelry. I think (check with Bill!) that Beaudry will customize their settings, as each one is handmade. If cost is an issue, first I''d call Bill and discuss the price of the setting, what modifications could be made, and (just a thought) - if you got your center stone from Bill as well perhaps that would allow for a better "package", if you know what I mean. Bill is a very nice, knowledgeable, professional and will be happy to help you with this setting.

Have you seen this setting in person, btw?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with ecf8503 in giving Bill a call too. I would think it would be worth it to see if there is a way to get the real thing into your budget. She also brought up a good point about the kite sides and the complexity of the setting adding to the cost of a custom project and you may find the price difference not to be very substantial.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2006 4:32:35 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I agree with ecf8503 in giving Bill a call too. I would think it would be worth it to see if there is a way to get the real thing into your budget. She also brought up a good point about the kite sides and the complexity of the setting adding to the cost of a custom project and you may find the price difference not to be very substantial.
Absolutely. That is such a detailed setting going custom may not be as much of a savings to you as you might think. Definetly give Bill a call. You may be pleasantly surprised especially if you get the center stone from him as well. Good luck!!!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I figured the kite shaped diamonds might have to be substituted. I just wish I could find a setting that is already made instead of going custom. I want a setting with milgrain and engraving without too much bling. And I was thinking that if I went with a style like that one, I could wear it without a separate wedding band.

I guess I''ll have to wait and see the diamond that is coming before deciding on what direction to go next. If it gets too frustrating, I''ll just go with the Superbcert tiffany or Mark Morell''s. I just sort of wanted something unique, if it isn''t too complicated.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea--I have heard that Bill is just a class act and wonderful to work with. Also lots of raves about Wink!!

Here''s a thought re: those difficult "kite"sidestones: What about something like this where the "bezel" (what else to call it? is kite sized but the stone is not? Just a thought:

kiteshape.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and no, I have no access to trying on Beaudry rings, which is another complication. I have a jeweler who will custom order from Eli Jewels in New Orleans (Pearlman''s has a few of theirs, too), but I am hesitant about not being able to see the ring in advance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you checked out the rings by Pearlman''s. They are Pearlman''s own in house designs. Worth a look anyways???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, here is one I keep looking at from Bill's Specials section, it's not a beaudry and i don't know why but I just love it...

037PO13.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great solution, BlueRoses! I love your new setting and look forward to seeing it finished!

Kaleigh, I think I have looked through most of the Pearlman''s site just to get ideas. I thought the diamond choosing was very difficult and now I think the setting decision is even harder. Now let me say that it wouldn''t be nearly as hard with unlimited money! I''d just get one of the complete Beaudry rings and not have to do all this work! I can see myself ending up with a Tiffany setting and a diamond band as that is simple and elegant and easier to find.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2006 4:06:46 PM
Author: ecf8503

Just a thought - those kite shaped diamonds on the sides are a Beaudry 'signature' cut, I believe.

Those are step cut kites, and they surely are presented as a signature cut, ... but maybe not this time. It isn't all that hard to find them not branded - it is perhaps not the most common cut, but it has been around since deco jewelry. The shape is really not that unusual.

E.g. LINK

Aside Beaudry, another jewelry designer line had a version of step cut lozenghe named.

I'd bet there are others.

Tiffany sells such diamonds 'assembled' in star-like patterns and I have seen the same done in non-Tiffany pieces.

It can't be too hard to find a suitable pair of such diamonds. IMO, at least.

Btw; you shouldn't have to worry about finding the side stones... the jeweler making the setting gets to do this.
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t hesitate to give Bill Pearlman a call. He is wonderful to work with - at least you''d know what you could and couldn''t do in terms of that setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results