shape
carat
color
clarity

Lower stone setting ideas needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brum

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Need som help on this one.

Going for a custom made half paved ring with a 0.6-0.7 centre round H&A.

My lady has tiny fingers (internal diameter of ring will be 14-15mm), yet long slender hands.

I really don''t like the high stone settings and wonder what other clasp/claw designs may hold the stone lower?

Basically I want the whole thing to look nice and petite.

I''ve had a good look through many of the threads, but for obvious reasons, many photos are face up thus not detailing the clasp/claw design.

Can anyone kindly help? I''ve already commisioned the jeweler, so need to more relatively quick on this one!

Cheers

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you already have the jeweler, why not discuss it with him/her? Make sure they do a wax that you can see before they cast the ring, that will help give you a good idea on how it would look. Tell him/her you want a low setting but keep in mind if you want a wedding band to sit flush it will have to be high enough to allow for this..

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Brum,

I went with a low basket setting. Here''s a side view of my ring:

IMG_5658.jpg

brum

Rough_Rock
Cheers for the info.

MrsSalvo-For sure i''ll be discussing it with him, but its always good to have as many opinions and options as possible.

This way I can continue to work on the idea whilst away from the jeweler.

He''ll be working on the band, and I hope to keep one step ahead!

brum

Rough_Rock
Cheers all.

I''m meeting with my jeweler on Sat, but I''m still stuck on the claw setting.

Please help, I got it nealry all worked out, but I''m seriously lacking in this department!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Brum- are you from Birmingham by any chance??

brum

Rough_Rock
That I am!

But I live in Singapore these days.

brum

Rough_Rock

You know this whole thing can become an obsession if one is not careful.

If I’m not working, I’m rooted on this bling-ring-thing.

Since first posting this thread, I’ve learnt that what I want is actually a shared prong design, but I now don’t know weather to go for full band, half band or maybe even less as some ladies on the forum mention that this design can scratch a little.

I’ve also noticed that the difference between an internal diameter of 14 to 15 mm is a whopping 1 ¼ on the US incremental scale!

When I sit down and actually plot the dimensions of my lil’ladie’s possible ring sizes, along with the diamond dimensions, on paper, I think I need a micro-atomic-insect technician to produce such a ring.

Can such a detailed band be made for such a lil’finger?

Yes I will be having all this out with my unfortunate jeweler, but I dearly value all your impartial advice, enthusiasts and professionals alike.

Help!

brum

Rough_Rock
And yes, I''m still not much closer to finding the right centre stone clasp design!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2006 6:47:18 AM
Author: brum

When I sit down and actually plot the dimensions of my lil’ladie’s possible ring sizes ...

Well, jewelry needs allot of detail on a very small scale - and it is a bit of surprise to learn that 1degree angles and fractions of a millimeter count if your work (like mine) doesn't deal with small scale objects. Funny that! On Pricescope you may find measurements of jewelry parts (e.g. ring band widths down to half a milimeter, size of diamonds for pave) that are rarely ever talked about in a store based on 'what you see is what you get).

I wear rings like that. It isn't too unusual... which doesn't prevent that I get colleagues staring at my rings when they happen to be off the hand, taking them on the tip of the finger to marvel ' does this fit on your hand'? Funny that.

The size of rings does have some effect on design - but not on the simple, classic styles of engagement rings. You shouldn't have to worry about that - the jeweler will
2.gif

brum

Rough_Rock
Cheers Val,

Was hoping to go see the jeweler Sat morning, but as I''m still in work and it''s presently 01:30AM, I may not make it!

Good old working life- can never plan!

God i hope i can get this plane fixed soon and go hit my bed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results