shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Sapphire for E-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

supercheesewiz

Rough_Rock
Well, after hours of research and looking, i've stumbled upon this little pretty stone. Id thought I'd throw it up and see what ya'll think. It's a 2.38ct Pink Sapphire with slight orange hilights. It is very nicely cut, eye clean, and un-heated. Sorry for the crappy pics, but I think it gets the message across. I really couldnt capture how bright this stone is. (Funny, per another discussion, this was thought to be a pad, but when it was recut and re-certed it came back pinkish orange, but that got me a better price...) Now, all I have to do is design a ring! Oops, scroll down to see now.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the pic isn''t showing up for me
39.gif
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try posting it again, I love pink sapphires and would love to see this stone!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No picture showing...

I see that the address goes to your HD - for that, you need to use the ''Attach File'' button to upload a picture instead of the ''Insert Link'' one. Sure hope it works
2.gif

supercheesewiz

Rough_Rock
Ok, i kinda feel dumb. Could somebody point me to instructions on how to post? It shows up on my computer but obviously its not working

icekid

Ideal_Rock
did you attach the picture to the post? sounds beautiful- I want to see the pictures!
1.gif

supercheesewiz

Rough_Rock
there, sorry about that, ill try to take some better photos later.

rocksz12345.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
From what I can see, I think it looks perfect! What kind of setting are you looking to use?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Sure look gorgeous to me!!!
3.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely looking sapphire!!!! Yummm!!!
30.gif

supercheesewiz

Rough_Rock
so, a quick technical question. Is the black area in this photo what you would term extinction? If so, how does one go about judging how that affects the look of the gem? It only appears in certain angles and lights, but it still is a very pretty stone.

gem3.jpg

supercheesewiz

Rough_Rock
Well the stone looks a lot like this under halogens. Maybe a bit lighter in overcast day light. This stone was recut, so it seems to be a better cut than this sapphire. Like this stone, the cert came back as pinkish orange. Looking at the stone under the loupe there is an area of activity at the edge that looks like a cluster of tiny bubbles. (you can't see it without the loupe...) The jewler is looking for $4500 for this stone. By looking around, it's really hard to gauge if this sounds right.

4368.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Yummm!! I love anything pink!
30.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I love colored stones for e-rings and that pink saphire looks great! Cant wait to hear what setting you are looking to put it in!

supercheesewiz

Rough_Rock
It's my first shot on a setting, and it's a bit stiff. We're kinda a modern contemporary couple, so i'm trying to keep it clean and modern. Any thoughts on the value question with the sapphire? The gem would sit flush on the top.

ringer2copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results