shape
carat
color
clarity

Winnepeg in December?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dummy_for_Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

So my best plans have gang agley. Maybe you all could help me lay down some new ones?
Got a call from the jeweler, who got a call from the designer, who said he needs an extra week.

Definitely worth the wait, I think it''s a very pretty ring.
(I''ll take a sec here to show off for the photo junkies)

www.sholdtdesign.com/rc297

and I''m sure she''ll love it, but my girlfriend won''t be around when it arrives. She''s off to visit her folks in Winnepeg. Thing is I wanted to do this before it got all mixed up with the holidays. I hail from Boston, and had a couple of nice beaches that are wonderful in the winter all picked out.

So there are a couple of minidilemmas,

1) Do I hold it in and wait until after the holidays/New Years? I''ve told her and my folks already, but I''m 99% sure she doesn''t yet know. I just have a feeling someone will spill the beans between now and then. Also I''m getting an "itchy trigger finger".

2) I''m joining her and her folks in Winnepeg a few days after she leaves, I''ll probably be leaving after the ring arrives. Should I take it with me? A couple of questions come to mind if so-- Any trouble for a guy taking a set ring in a box across the border? What''s a nice,cozy,romantic spot in Winnepeg in December?

I think that about covers it, any advice is more than welcome

--Josh

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
Hi Josh-

I really just popped in to say that the ring you chose is gorgeous.

About the proposal, it seems like you have a couple of options--
1)you can propose in Winnepeg while you are there with her family. This would be nice because it would give her a chance to show of the ring and her new fiance
5.gif
But, you may not want to do the holiday proposal thing.

2) You can wait till after the holidays and completely surprise her back in the States (IF you can wait that long
41.gif
)

I would vote for the first scenario, simply because it seems that you may not want to wait too long (and if she could see that sparkler, I'm not sure she would either!)

Sorry for rambling, best of luck to you!

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Hi Josh!
Beautiful ring!

I''m from Winnipeg (you mean Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada right?) so figured I''d put in a reply. For one thing... it is freezing frickin'' cold here! (usually does warm up around holidays time though) Nothing better to get your mind off the arctic cold is with a beautiful ring to warm the heart! :)

Do you really think you could hold off till after the holidays? And do you think that she''s expecting it to happen before January?

I wouldn''t think she''d expect you to propose in Winnipeg... so that would be a surprise! And it would be special to be able to share the good news with family right away (if she''s close to her folks).

Shouldn''t be any issues taking it across the border. Just put it in your bag or suitcase and bring the receipt along just in case. No laws against taking purchases across the border, but definitely make sure you bring your receipt so that when you go back into the States that you can prove you didn''t buy it in Canada (at a better price due to exchange rate). I''m not sure of U.S. border rules, but I''m sure they look for that kind of thing.

As for nice, cozy, romantic spots in Winnipeg... hmmm.... anywhere that''s warm? hehe... That''s a tough one. If the weather''s decent, there are some nice parks to visit and take a walk. Would you be looking for a private or public place? If you decide on Winnipeg... let me know if you want any ideas!!

Good luck and happy holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results