shape
carat
color
clarity

This isn''t a proposal but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sixzero

Rough_Rock
I would love ideas of how to present/surprise my wife with the new ring that am I expecting before christmas. I purchased this ring because her original ring cracked in half! I want to make this as special as possible and would love to hear ideas of how to catch her off guard and make this a night to remember.

K_roK56

Rough_Rock
Hi sixzero, that is awful about your 1st ring, forgive me, but I don't really understand what you want to do though,
do you want to give it to her as a:
1. christmas gift
2. "re-propose" / ask her to continue being your wife?

Anyways here are some ideas I found and came up with...

`Ask a local department store to let you play Santa for a day. Have one of your love's friends take her shopping and convince her to sit on Santa's lap. Once she's in position, give her the ultimate Christmas gift.

`Write out your proposal with roses in the snow or in Christmas lights on your house.

`Attach plastic antlers and a red nose to your (cooperative, selfless) dog. Then put the ring on a ribbon around the dog's neck and send the mutt to wake your beloved. If you have two dogs, attach a "Marry me" (or in your case marry me all over again) sign to the second and send them in together. She'll never forget this Christmas morning! You might be able to do this with kids as well.

`Make reservations at an elegant restaurant and arrange for the waitstaff to bring out two covered desserts. Under your lid will be a heart-shaped cake in her favorite flavor; under hers, a ring box nestled in a bed of rose petals. Once revealed, instruct the waiters to bring over a bottle of bubbly.

`Take out a full-page ad in a newspaper you know your honey reads daily. Be nearby while they read, lest you miss the look on his or her face!

`Have your proposal painted on a billboard en route to her work. Park beneath it or await their arrival at work, armed with champagne ready for toasting.

`Hire a plane to draw huge hearts and your initials in the sky. When your sweetie notices what the pilot is doing, tell him or her that your love was heaven sent.

`Buy a baby animal that he or she has always wanted (bunny, kitten, puppy) and loosely tie the ring around its neck. Make a commitment to the pet and each other. Or, substitute a stuffed animal -- still fuzzy, but less maintenance!

sixzero

Rough_Rock
Thanx for the ideas! Unfortunately I cannot do about half of them... I will post my situation:

She hasn''t worn a ring on her finger for months now because the ring I got her cracked in half. When I proposed I was young and stupid and did it while I was drunk. It was romatic nor memorable, if we do remember it it''s because were remembering it in disbelief. Well she has been mentioning rings for months and I never even gave it a thought. Until recently I decided I was going to get my girl a ring that she could be proud of, well I think I found the ring and am ready to purchase it from whiteflash, I requested it show up before christmas so I could surprise her.

We have 2 kids, we have 1 car, I work days, she works nights. I believe she will be home on christmas eve (when my family usually celebrates christamas @12am) By then the kids will be sleeping and i think we''ll be having a nice dinner with candles, and wine. I think I want to do it at this time, but I want to make it intersting and very unpredictable.

K_roK56

Rough_Rock
don''t fret, there are many special ways to surprise your wife at home.... especialy if she is a personal and private woman.

***To cook or go out? Don’t cook. Think about it. You want to focus on her, not on cooking. Make a reservation at the nicest restaurant you can afford. OR cater food in, Try not to be a nervous wreck, hopefully you’ll enjoy the meal.

You can spoil her by setting an elaborate candlelight table for a quiet romantic dinner for two at home. Serve her a glass of champagne in a beautiful champagne flute with the diamond ring in the bottom or ribboned to the stem. OR write Marry Me on the dessert plate rim with chocolate syrup.

Decorate a Christmas tree with lights and only one ornament -- a ribbon or bow tied around a velvet ring box. Ask her over for a Christmas celebration for just the two or you.

Watch her favorite chick flick or romantic movie, right when you see she is at a breaking point and her eyes are about to water, put the diamond in the center of a box of her favorite chocolates and say you have a surprise her, she will just think it''s the chocolate, but little does she know when she opens the box.

Build-a-Bear Proposal is interesting, those shops in the mall with the build a bears, well dress him up in either what you normaly, or in a tux, You can record your own words on a voice box, put one in that says, "I love you ___, will you marry me?" have a note saying "squeeze me." When she does, and hears the proposal, she''ll find you on one knee with an engagement ring.

I''ll keep looking for ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results