shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help On Some Potential Asschers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Alright, after months of lurking...it is time to (hopefully) elicit the help of the experts. I am looking for an asscher, as big as possible for my budget, eye clean, faces up white as possible. I''ll start posting what I have been finding and then I would really appreciate some feedback on what everyone''s thoughts are (Strm and the others, of course) THANKS!

1st contender:

2.84 carat
J color (is this too low??...probably can only tell in person)
VS2
Depth = 65.4
Table = 63
Girdle = Thick to Very Thick
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
8.00x7.97x5.21

Also, since I can''t figure out how to post a saved image, I have attached the files. Any help with posting pics would also be greatly appreciated!

Asscher5.jpg

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
And apparently I am better at it than I thought. Here''s the idealscope.

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 1:16:12 PM
Author: Incognito2
And apparently I am better at it than I thought. Here''s the idealscope.
Apparently not.

Asscher5 - Idealscope.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like them below an H. You will see a definite tint of yellow in a J for an asscher. I''ll let Storm comment on the specs. Good luck, and glad you came out of lurkerdom!!
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the crown height is over 10% its a good cut but a J is going to show color

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2005 1:14:43 PM
Author:Incognito2

J color (is this too low??...probably can only tell in person)
I'd say the same - get to see it for color. It may or may not bee too much for you and much of that is down to the cut. This one appears quite bright - as much as I can tell from the presentation, and that can only help.

Hope the price is not a typo!!!! (joke) Sounds pretty good to me.

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 1:38:20 PM
Author: strmrdr

According to the Sarin report, the crown height is 14.5%

Is that good strm?

If I decided to go with this stone, would my next step be to see it in person or to have the vendor comment on the color/visible inclusions?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''d have to see it in person to see if the color is an issue for you. It may not be, depends on how color sensitive you are. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!
1.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Since color in asschers has been coming up a lot recently, I was wondering if someone had a lineup to show us. I''ve seen on other threads for RBs a line up of the different colors D-J but nothing similar for asschers. Since ECs and asschers show much more color than most cuts I think this would be a hugely valuable image to have posted. I''m actually planning to go to jewelry mart (SF) during the holidays and see if I can''t orchestrate a sample line-up of this kind in person. If they allow I''ll try to take some pix and post while there. Rhino and JohnQuixote you both seem to have more asschers than most at your disposal could either of you provide something like this for the PS asscher lovers
9.gif
?!

Incog...that J looks very white from the pix.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 2:39:31 PM
Author: Incognito2
Date: 12/13/2005 1:38:20 PM

Author: strmrdr

According to the Sarin report, the crown height is 14.5%

Is that good strm?

If I decided to go with this stone, would my next step be to see it in person or to have the vendor comment on the color/visible inclusions?

sounds good.
everyone sees color different.
check localy and look for a j emerald or asscher cuts to get an idea.
otherwise if you have an independant appraiser nearby you might be able to get the stone sent to them so you can review it there.
The other option of course is to have it sent to you and if you dont like it use the return policy to get your money back.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I know the cut on a RB will affect face up color. Does the quality of cut on an asscher affect color at all or will all asscher show the same color because of the openess of the step cut?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 7:50:16 PM
Author: indecisive
OK, I know the cut on a RB will affect face up color. Does the quality of cut on an asscher affect color at all or will all asscher show the same color because of the openess of the step cut?

It really depends on what isnt well cut.
An asscher with 75% table would likely show more color than one with a 60% table because of the glassy look they get.
One with just so-so patterns vs one well cut with the same table size I dont expect a difference other than what is in the color grading range.
ie low I vs high I is a pretty big range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results