shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting recommendations for diamond earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssparkles

Rough_Rock
What sort of setting would be simple, elegant and really pretty for 0.7 ct round diamonds? Maybe dangling rather than studs. Would love to see pictures!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Are these .7 each, or .7 total? If total, I would think the smaller diamonds might get "lost" in a dangly setting, whereas if they were bezel or prong set studs against your ear, they would have a proper background to stand out against.

If .7 each, dangling bezel set might be very simple and elegant!

Of course, I think it also depends on how long your hair is and how you wear it. I would get some cheapie dangly rhinestone earrings that would approximate the way you''re thinking of wearing the diamonds and see how well they show up against your hairstyle.

Do you have any pictures of what you''re thinking about?

mrssparkles

Rough_Rock
They are 0.7 ct each. (ctw 1.4) They are GH colour with VS1 clarity, with an ordinary cut (these were purchased before the birth of H&A)

Between the time I started this post and now, I have been looking at dangly settings. I am partial towards the use of a leverback. It is the ''stem'' (I have no idea what the right word should be!) that holds the diamond together that I have a problem with.

I like something that moves quite freely, and attached via a loop onto the ''stem''. I am wondering about the following:-

- would setting the diamond in a basket would be nicer (easy to clean the diamond to improve its sparkle) than a bezel?
- instead of a plain loop, would it be nice to have a 0.05 pt diamond set in its place? It sounds like a nice idea but I am not sure if it will really look nice
- should the ''stem'' be left plain, or shall I pave it? Should the ''stem'' be rounded or flat?

I am hoping there are pictures to help me decide. I have seen some but I find them a little over the top. I want it simple enough, so I wear it everyday; to the supermarket, dropping the kids off at school, etc, you know what I mean.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
What about these? They are from Leon Mege. I adore these earrings.

leon mege earrings.jpg

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, those Leon earrings are to die for! I have been reading about how everyone loves Leon''s "masterpiece" work and I went to his web site to look. Frankly, everything I''ve seen on his website makes me want to gag. I hate all that micropave etc. I love simple, elegant design. These earrings are so beautiful! I bet they''d look great with the .7 diamonds, and I think the idea of adding another small diamond is really cool! Maybe you could draw a design of what you''re thinking about and scan it for us to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results