shape
carat
color
clarity

Got her parents approval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chil1

Rough_Rock
I originally posted this in the wrong place (Rocky Talky) so this is a repeat.

I went over to my GF''s parents house tonight and received their blessing. They were very happy and welcomed me with open arms.

I also went to get her right ring finger size verified at size 5. I asked her Mom about her left ring finger size but she didn''t know, however, her Mom wears a 4.5 and recommended that size or 4.75. I may go with the 4.75 to be on the safe side. It will be a Vatche X Prong Round which her mother saiid was perfect. Very nice and simple.

Now, I have to start thinking about proposal ideas. One thing that I do know is that it won''t be on Christmas. I want to make it an off-day, maybe a few days or week beforehand depending on how soon I can receive the ring.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on receiving their blessing!! Let us know how everything goes!!
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Good man!
36.gif
You are starting off on the right foot. Glad you went with tradition instead of fashion...bet she will too!

Keep us up on your progress. Let the diamond pros here help you. The idea thing...throw us some clues on what she and you enjoy together. We''ll toss you some game plans.

DKS

chil1

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I need all the help I can get
1.gif

She really like college football. We also like the outdoors. We met at a sports bar coming up on 3 years on Dec 3. Problem is that there is a big championship footballl game in town this coming week (I live in Atlanta). I do know the manager of the sports bar and was thinking about going to the same spot I met her at and asking the manager to somehow allow me in while it''s closed. I don''t really want to do this in front of strangers.

We also like to travel but given the holidays, that''s kind of tough. I am also thinking about having her friends and close family go to my house so that when we return, we can have a little celebration party.

Compared to the guy with the heart shaped box surprise, I''m feeling that my proposal might be "inadequate".

I am a late thinker meaning I come up with great ideas under pressure and time constraints so I''m hoping that works for me here.

Thanks again.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry about comparing your plans with others. You know how you usually have to concentrate a little harder to remember the looser in last years superbowl? Or playoffs? Girls are sorta like that when asked to marry...Everything seems to fade and than specific moment is all that is REALLY remembered. I have heard of proposals in the muck of stock yards...guy down on one knee and after the question is asked she ends up on her knees next to him. Blinded by the moment and the surroundings...

Focus not on the WOW but the two of you.

After learning of your sports connection...I know it has been done...but the scoreboard... the announcer...the program (you can make a page to insert into hers...) Oooohhh,...What about making a premade sign, and asking the other side of the stadium to hold up the sign? You would be suprised how much sports fans want to be involved in anything. We are all part of the team! Cheerleaders would hold it up for you! (be sure you have a trusting confident gf on that one...) Taking an ad out in the local paper in the sports section...

More later if I can think of any.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oops forgive Moi, I just reread your post...you don''t want any strangers! Hummmm.

Anyway to gain access to the football field on an evening that is not a game day? That would be cool to be there all alone...(well with the exception of the guy you paid $50 to let you in...) maybe you explore the stadium and make it out to the center of the field...and yell..."I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!" Get down on one knee....

Ooo ooo ooo-I''ve got it. You and her get out on the field you are the Center "hut one...hut two......" in position you pass her the ball (but it is actually the ring box!!!) you rotate around end up on one knee...

PS. When she says yes...All we need now is canned recorded applause over the intercom!! That is going to cost you another $50.

Man I love this job!

DKS

chil1

Rough_Rock
LOL, that is pretty good...hut, hut, BAM.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
bam? BAM? Are you that chef guy? Bam! Bam! or a Flintstone?

Ok then...Bam!

chil1

Rough_Rock
3.gif

OK, how about SHAZAAM!

KABAM?

Or SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

chil1

Rough_Rock
I have another idea. Tell me what you think.

Atlanta just opened the world''s largest aquarium. What if I speak to someone there about helpiing me out.

For instance, have a note given to her from one of the animals or a fish could swim by with a banner on its tail. They also have a 4-D theater, maybe have it posted on the screen. It involves other people but that would be ok.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The fish thing sounds fun, but it is NOT going to happen. "What Employee Bob, you tied a string to the sdergghdhf fuzzen fish? Didn''t you know how rare that fuzzen fish was? Now it is snagged on the reef, we are going to drain the whole tank to recover his lifeless body! You are fired!!" This account is pure fiction...but you get my point. You never know the fuzzen fish just may have been equipped with special banner holding clip fins....
2.gif

Hmmmm, You said nothing about your gf liking fish. You could go to a restaurant that has a lobster tank....those critters are just inventory. You could get by with those guys and a banner. The are going to be sleeping with the fishes soon anyway.

Give the aquarium a call. Ask what they could offer. You never know maybe if they have dolphins their ball/toy can be worded the way you want.

Give it a shot, batman! Shazzam! (....or of course you could be Gomer from Andy Griffith....Shazaam!)

DKS

chil1

Rough_Rock
Ring....check
Aquarium visit...check
Proposal Ideas......YIKES!!!
After engagement surprise party with her family and close friends...check

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I live in the Atlanta area too, and the aquarium is incredible. I recommend it, although you may want to scope it out first, decide where/when you want to propose, and while a fish-banner may not be feasible, perhaps they could close off a section of the aquarium for a half hour or so for you to propose? I would call and ask, and let us know what you decide!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results