shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
*bump* I've seen a few very pretty rings under 1 ct lately, and hoping the owners will add them to this thread!
36.gif

mimi765

Rough_Rock
here''s mine :.65 VS1 G, 18k white gold, 24 tiny melee in the setting

pierscionek12.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Mimi, where did you get your setting? It looks so fab. I saw something very similar to it on Fay Cullen.

Kojack

Rough_Rock
I love seeing all these rings under a carat. Makes me feel much better now that I have picked a ring around 3/4. I chose my ring with some knowledge from PS but wish I had waited just a little while longer to educate myself a bit more. I still picked a gorgeous diamond but now believe I could have went down in color (picked an E) and gotten a stone a bit bigger. No worries though, it''s going in the Endless Love from Ritani and that should help size wise (halo). I''m hoping it will give the effect of a ring around a carat. Plus her ring size is a 5.

mimi765

Rough_Rock
thanks Leila!My fiance got the setting and the stone at a local jewelry store.here''s another shot

pierscionek31.jpg

Brighter_Suns

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful thread, it was great to see so many smaller diamonds being worn in person for it truly demonstrates how a setting can make such diamonds beautiful and large! One has to remember that even a .5 carat diamond is only about 20% less in diameter then a full carat, that a .75 carat less then 10% in diameter. My .87 carat is only 4% less a full sized one carat and I was delighted to spend the savings on an ideal cut F colour VS2 AGS cert. instead of making sacrafices for size. There is a real value is looking for those diamonds just below price points.......such as .7, .9. 1.0, 1.5 etc.

Don''t get me wrong.........I would love a full carat in the same grade and cut........it just happens to cost about twice as much........and out of my budget especially to gain 4% in diameter.

Spread5cs3.JPG

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Hello; so many beautiful rings I had to delurk. I'd pick ten or so favorites but I don't want to cause trouble--and really, I'd take any of them!

For those that like OECs, ECs and/or vintage settings, here's my new '20s era .40 carat. [Size 5] It's an EC, and the filigree is Art Nouveau (love the way it forms a heart on each side) while the hex top is characteristic of Art Deco.

Sorry, my photography skills could not do this ring justice!

53309770.jpg

53309978.jpg

Note side, where filigree forms heart shape:

53309771.jpg

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Vix, it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Can I have it?
2.gif

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Gee, I don''t know...if only you had a vintage aquamarine with filigree to trade, I''d consider it!

[just left ya a note ''bout your pale blue beauty]

And thank you. I think we have similar taste in jewelry!

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
That''s funny, I just PM''ed you about our similar taste. We are also the same ring size!

I LOVE the older cuts. My best friend just received a 40''s transitional cut that is amazing. Throws prisms all over the place and has so much wonderful character.

Vix

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the older cuts. My best friend just received a 40''s transitional cut that is amazing. Throws prisms all over the place and has so much wonderful character.

Oh, that sounds glorious. Why hasn''t she provided a photo for you to show total strangers?! What kind of heartbreaker is she?

I should really run away from PS now while I still have a chance at normality, shouldn''t I?

can''t resist the pretty pictures

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the last few posts in this thread. Jonathan attached a gem file for an OEC - nice eye candy!

jbrookie82

Rough_Rock
Here is the ring my boyfriend bought for me. Still waiting for the proposal. I think it will be soon.

jbm.jpg

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Just a bump - any more of these yummy "smaller" sized diamond rings?
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Mine is a .85 ct, I SI1 ideal from Whiteflash. It's in a custom platinum setting with .35ctw of pave on the sides. Size 6

IMG_5656.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I ever posted mine.

The center stone is .75.
ring5.jpg

I chose two platinum bands that are 2.5mm each for my wedding bands:

original.aspx

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine
9.gif

The centre stone is 0.2 carats with 4 side stones all the stones are F in colour.

ravenclawbazazaa.JPG

averybojangles

Rough_Rock
I love this thread! This is my just under 1ct e-ring! I love it and my finger is a size 7.
Thanks!
Shannon

decemering.jpg

Vix

Shiny_Rock
So many gorgeous new additions since last I checked...thanks!

JBrookie, I have a thing for squared settings. So pretty. Is that a vintage ring?

EBree, a friend of mine has a solitaire about your size and I''d always assumed it was significantly greater than a carat...ditto for yours. She''s worn hers daily for seven-plus years and that baby keeps sparkling away like mad--looks like yours is going to blind a few folks too.

Aphi, that set looks great on you and my eye goes right to the diamond.

Shay, that is an amazing setting--one of my favorite kinds--streamlined and delicate. It really does the stone justice.

[Whew...one more!]

Shannon, you barely squeaked in here with your carat size but I''m glad you did. [<--- bias for another of my fav settings]. I''d love to see a hand shot of it on you if one is around here somewhere.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
my .98ct new e ring
30.gif

resizedering01.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeously classic Sweetpea, what are the stats on that sparkler???

These are my 4 favourite rings, the one on the left is a Tiffany-style 6-claw, .41ct, G, SI1 in 18ct YG that I wear on my right hand ring finger

The 5-stone is total .50ctw, all G-H, SI1-SI2 in 18ct YG, and that lives on my right hand middle finger

And just for the record, the crossover is .50ctw, all G-H, SI1-SI2 in 9ct YG
10.gif
Just as a fun ring!

DiaRingsAndi.jpg

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
This is my engagement ring upgrade.....yes I iupgraded and STILL am not at 1ct! This is my original setting which is platinum with .30ct baugettes. My original diamond was a deep cut .25ct, J color and I2 clarity with inclusions ALL through it. The new upgraded diamond is from James Allen it''s a GIA cert, Ideal Cut .83ct, G color, SI2 ''eyeclean'' clarity. I LOVE it! It may not be 1ct but it sure looks just as big as the 1ct''s from the mall! My wedding band is unfortunatly from a mall store, it''s a platinum 5 stone ring .50ct, J color, I1 clarity.

122819595.jpg

123293687.jpg

123293682.jpg

123293683.jpg

I put my old ering diamond into a white gold .20ct antique style setting:

124487397.jpg

124487393.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
devientdrow
I love your new engagement ring and I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the antique setting you have your old e-ring stone in...
30.gif

Misato-san

Rough_Rock
Here''s my .70 G VS2 (ring size 6 -though this ring feels too loose to be a 6)

DSC03849.jpg

DSC03846.jpg

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compiment Shay!! I like being able to wear the old diamond!

Misato I can''t see your photos
7.gif
Love your icon!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Here is my three stone ring that my hubby got me when my first ering got broke by my hand getting caught in a door at a gas station! My batteries are almost died in my digital camera, hope the pic isn''t to blurry.
emangel.gif

three ring 1.jpg

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Tomatoe I love your ring! Do you happen to know the width of your band?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, these rings are so beautiful.

They look so pretty and perfect on everyone''s hands!

30.gif

I love all of the settings, too.
There is something so feminine, delicate and gorgeous about these rings.

PRETTY!

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
.82 ct round (Size 6)

handshotps2.jpg

I''ve posted this in another post of mine, but it can''t hurt to put it here too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results