shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal in 12 days, RING PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
GOOD MORNING ALL!!!
Well i am proposing in 12 days! I cannot wait for the days to count down, i have had all the plans done for two months, now it is just a waiting game. I will explain my ideas, and show the ring, but will like any feedback.
I am dropping my fiance off at work like any other day, but then I am rushing home and packing our bags and then driving back to pick up at work and off to the airport. We are flying to Lake Tahoe, her hometown, and spending the night in a romantic hotel. Saturday morning we are getting up and looking at possible venue locations for our wedding, which we have talked about in details already. At the fourth stop, 15 family members will be gathering(hiding) and waiting for us. It is a gondola lookout point that overlooks the entire lake. I will bring her to the railing and then signal the family to come over and that is when i will ask the question. I want it to be like the Zales Commerical in rome. After that we are spending the next 3 days planning and meeting with vendors, then flying home.

Few questions. If you were just suprised with this, would you want to meet with florists and caterers? I set it because we are 2200 miles away from Tahoe, and I am not sure how many times we will get back. Also we want to have the wedding in 10 months, so planning needs to happen soon. Or would you want to just relax with family and enjoy the moment and worry about planning later?

The ring, it is a Tension setting Gelin Abaci that we both picked out together. It represents her perfectly.

Well thanks in advance for the opinions.

DSCF1569.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The ring is gorgeous!! Congrats, and good luck with the proposal!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. I love the ring box too. Good luck with the proposal and make sure you come back with plenty of hand pics!!!
30.gif

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
i got the ring box from a seller on ebay.
http://stores.ebay.com/EL-GRIFO

great stuff, but only for smaller rings. Mine barely fits.

DSCF1562.JPG

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Hi, i love the ring.. i love tension sets!!!
did you work with tension set company or a jeweler?

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
I worked with a jeweler that deals with Tension Rings a lot, but he sends them to the manufacture in California. Only three companies actually make the tension rings. Gelin Abaci is probably the largest though. Glad you like the ring. It is perfect for my girlfriend and I, as we are not very traditional but value design and modern techniques.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
by any chance was this jewler Dimend Scaasi located in Chicago? if so i have been looking at their selection and i am in love with tension settings as they fit my personality as well.. do you feel safe with the tension design.. i am still a bit leary on its stability. Any words of advice to calm my un easy feeling?
it is strange because reading what you are planning on doing sounds like my dream proposal with a beautiful ring.. she is going to love it all!
my dream e-ring is almost exactly like that.. just with a princess cut and a bit more squareness to it...

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful setting! I''m so excited for your girlfriend - she''s going to love it! Congrats!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
MJBOONE13... how did it go????? i want details!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Did you ask her? How did it go? Did ya''ll end up speaking to vendors? Any hand shots coming our way?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
seriously, we require and update.. and more pics!
3.gif

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
okay everyone!!! sorry it took so long but we just got back Tuesday night at midnight...

it went amazingly smooth! Nicole was surprised beyond belief and enjoyed seeing all of her family members.

I will post a hand pic on here, but we havea website up and going with many pics. so you can just go there.

www.matthew-and-nicole.com

Thanks for all of the help.

Matthew

PICT4628.JPG

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
Another pic.

PICT4632.JPG

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
last one...

PICT4636.JPG

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!
36.gif
Congratulations on your engagement! The ring is beautiful!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i love it! congrads!!!!! i am oh so very happy for the both of you!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Your website is supercute too!!!
9.gif
What an amazing location for a proposal!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Best wishes to you both!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My family was there when my FI proposed (got pictures too) and I thought it was so special. He knows how close I am with them so it was great. Congratulations. Her ring is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results