shape
carat
color
clarity

I found the perfect proposal idea!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TexasLawyer

Rough_Rock
Just to the northwest of Dallas is a community called Las Colinas. A section of the community has a lake, as well as man-made canals designed to resemble Venice.

A company offers one-hour gondola rides along the lake and through the canals. You are served champagne and Godiva chocolates on the ride, and the gondolier sings romantic songs. Also, they offer a service where you send them a message beforehand, and they write it in calligraphy on a piece of parchment, roll it up, and put it in a bottle. The gondolier then discreetly places the bottle in the water along the way, and tells your soon-to-be-fiancee to pick the bottle up out of the canal. In it, she finds your message asking her to marry you.

How perfect! She will love this, as I have been to Venice before and have told her about how romantic the gondola rides are, and she has said she has always wanted to do that.

www.gondola.com

36.gif

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Texas Lawyer I looooove it!!
36.gif

It sounds like a fabulous idea! I think the best part is the message in a bottle part. Because she might start to think a proposal is coming with the romantic gondola, chocolate, champagne....but she''s not going to expect the gondolier to point out a bottle and tell her to take it out of the water. So she might think she knows what''s coming (a proposal) but she really doesn''t! Romance AND surprise!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
coming from a recent gondola propsoal myself- make sure you bring a camera!!!!!

i'll share my story and hopefully it'll help you too. hope you don't mind, but i copy and pasted the text from my thread.

--
we had a romance package set up at the venetian on our last day in vegas. it included a outdoor gondola ride, dinner at zefferino's-the italian restaurant overlooking the grand canal at the venetian, and tickets to madame trussaud's wax museum. It was right before lunch and we headed to the gondola ride. we fortunately got one with just the two of us (usually it's 4 to the gondola). we were almost at the end and we were trying to take a picture of ourselves on the gondola. so, the gondolier offered to take the picture of the two of us. when i turned around to get the camera back the gondolier didn't seem to want to give it to me. i didn't know what was going on, but he did! so when i turned around, kacey was down on one knee on the gondola. he said his thing and i said yes. the gondolier shouted "she said yes," and the crowd clapped. when we got the camera back we realized that the gondolier had taken pictures of the whole thing!!! it was awesome.
--

ETA: oh- and the gondolier said "now you can go to the real Venice for your honeymoon!" you too could do the same!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ding Ding Ding....we have another winner!! Good job! Sounds perfecto!

Remember the board (or at least I ...) live vacariously through these schemes...You better come back and give us a play by play!

Start practicing Itailian...you just may be able to use it.

DKS
emlove.gif

PS. Start saving your pennies... you must take her for the real deal on your 10th!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results