shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do after?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
I figured it all out....forum moderator, feel free to delete post and thanks all!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
If I were your girlfriend, I would want the Christmas night proposal (I LOVE the "one last Christmas gift" idea
9.gif
) and then either stay home just the two of you with a bottle of champagne (and have strawberries or chocolates or something else romantic stowed away too!), or do the mini-celebration with family. I think my ideal would be to have a bit of time to really just process it and enjoy it with my new fiance, so you still have that phase, and then by the next day she''s going to be just as excited, but also ready to show everyone the ring and talk about it!!! Good luck and let us know what you decide!!!!!

And if you want to just go ahead and propose tonight so you can show us pictures tomorrow, that''s okay too.
2.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I personally think Holiday proposals are cheesy so I say go with the day after Christmas. Family will mostly be around and then in the future you can celebrate the day that got engaged w/out it also being Christmas. It will be fun to have as part of the Holiday festivities every year, but I have always thought it deserves its very own day.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got engaged three years ago on Dec. 14th. We were downtown (Chicago) when he proposed, but he had told 6 of our closest friends that he was popping the question and arranged for them to meet us back in the suburbs that night at a small, intimate martini bar. It was a surprise to me, and I completely loved it! We had already spent time together at dinner, then walking around the city, and then came the proposal...we called our parents on the way back to the burbs so we were bursting to tell the world. It was so fun to share it right after it happened, I would''ve felt strange going back home and sharing the news with them via phone. Plus I wanted to show off my ring, of course!
emwink.gif
Family was a different story, we went to his parents the next day, and to mine the day after Christmas (they''re 5 hours away.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results