shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever propose with just diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdamP

Rough_Rock
So I''ve got the diamonds in hand, but would really like her to be involved in choosing a setting. I want to propose, but how does one do that with just diamonds? Anyone have any creative ideas?

Thanks!

DSCN1643sm.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stones!

Dunno, since it's a three stone, maybe something involving wrapping each stone in it's own beautiful box with a note or something or poem...and each one involving the past, present and the third center stone is the future with a will you marry me? I'm not a very romantic gal so that's the best I can do :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a traditional shortcut to creativity - either a simple holder or a cheap temporary setting for the cushion only. That should put the diamond on her finger for the occasion for (well) less than $100.

Since it looks like you will have a custom setting made for the stones... if you know who is the jeweler who will make the ring you could also ask them to do this small intermediary arrangement. Sometimes it comes as a courtesy with a larger sale.

My 0.2.

A diamond holder is something used to try stones on rather than present them - it looks like this:

ACA_2.13_shelf.jpg

TALL2.13.jpg
for a grand $8 at Wink''s Cz shop Here

There might be even cheaper settings for the job, but this is the sort of thing I had in mind.

I am pretty sure your girl will be happy to see the lonely cushion stone, let alone the good news following (set of sidestones and appointment with the jeweler to have a setting made)
9.gif

Just a random idea, of course.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
You got some good ideas from mmm and Ana. Another one would be to have someone (jeweler, you, whoever) make a drawing of the ring you have in mind because clearly you have some idea of the setting since you selected the stones. You can present that to her as your idea and make some kind of cute proposal thing out of it but tell her that you need her input and then show her the diamonds. Yeah, I''m not that creative or romantic either but just trying to help out!

By the way, that cushion looks stunning. Can you tell us about it? I would need only to see that and I''d say yes!! Oh, but I''m already taken.
emotion-5.gif

AdamP

Rough_Rock
Thanks both for your suggestions. I actually have a holder which could work. I think I like the idea of having the cushion set relatively cheap, then we can decide later.

Thanks again and I''ll let you know how it goes!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That would be my first choice----- having a cheap white gold setting ...because part of the joy of getting engaged is actually wearing the ring in case you haven''t noticed from this place!!! hehehehehe :) LOL

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
First: I adoooore that cushion!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Second: I really like MMM''s past present future idea if you''re going to use loose stones. I can''t believe you don''t think of yourself as romantic!
5.gif

BUT, personally, I would want to have that thing on my finger as early as possible.
9.gif
So I would look into the cheap temp settings - but make sure it''s one she can actually wear for a while. The minute I get engaged I want to run around telling everyone I''m engaged and showing them my ring...which you can''t do with loose stones or a diamond holder like the one in the picture. Also, I would not be willing to take the ring OFF to get it reset right away, b/c it would suck to be engaged for a couple days and then not have a ring to show for it for a while...so I would recommend a cheap white gold setting that will still be reliable enough that she can wear it for a few weeks while you two discuss setting options, but she won''t have to go without it right at the very beginning of her giddy I''m-engaged phase.
1.gif
Then she can get her perfect dream setting afterwards.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results