shape
carat
color
clarity

Rate my proposal idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robianch

Rough_Rock
I just got my final appraisal done today and now I am ready to plan the engagement. My initial plan is to have my car around the corner so she won''t think that I am home. She comes home to find an early Christmas present. This will be a photo album with photos, cards, movie tickets, anything relating to us and our relationship. Also there will be a vase with 11 roses, that''s right, 11. On one of the last pages I will say that I am sorry but the 12th rose was misplaced. She will have 3 hints to finding the 12th rose. 1st hint will be in the album I give her on the last page with a picture of the Christmas tree. On the tree she will find a picture of the bedroom door which will be closed. Upon entering the candle lit room she will find an envelope with a picture of our closet door, in there she will be expecting me but will find another hint with a picture of the front door. When she opens the door she will find me with the 12th rose in hand and right then and there I will ask her. After that it''s off to our favorite restaurant via limo in a private room just for us. Sound good?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ding Ding Ding Your attention PLEASE....folks....we have a winner!

Good job!

DKS

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds super-duper romantic, but the retarded practical side of me worries about the dangers of an unattended candle lit room.... what about a rose pedal-ed filled room, also romantic without needing a fire extinguisher handy...

robianch

Rough_Rock
Funny you say that....I was thinking the same thing.Maybe I can just use the candles in the window. :)

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
And put them on sturdy heat-resistant bases. In the window is good if the ledge is big enough.

I''m glad that you thought of it too, I didn''t want to be a party pooper because I think the idea is really sweet. (I''ve always wanted to be led on a romantically scavenger hunt ... sigh.)

robianch

Rough_Rock
Most people say that they did not have a memorable engagement. I want her to remember it forever! We both love the holiday season and now it will be even more spectacular in the years to come.

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Sounds super thoughtful, creative, and romantic!!! I think it''s sweet that you have kept mementos of your relationship --- and I''m sure she will too!!!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2005 11:24:35 PM
Author:robianch
I just got my final appraisal done today and now I am ready to plan the engagement. My initial plan is to have my car around the corner so she won''t think that I am home. She comes home to find an early Christmas present. This will be a photo album with photos, cards, movie tickets, anything relating to us and our relationship. Also there will be a vase with 11 roses, that''s right, 11. On one of the last pages I will say that I am sorry but the 12th rose was misplaced. She will have 3 hints to finding the 12th rose. 1st hint will be in the album I give her on the last page with a picture of the Christmas tree. On the tree she will find a picture of the bedroom door which will be closed. Upon entering the candle lit room she will find an envelope with a picture of our closet door, in there she will be expecting me but will find another hint with a picture of the front door. When she opens the door she will find me with the 12th rose in hand and right then and there I will ask her. After that it''s off to our favorite restaurant via limo in a private room just for us. Sound good?
23.gif
I got all romantic tingly inside!!!!
30.gif

I think the candles would be fine if you could time it perfectly. Light them a couple minutes before she gets home...I''m guessing you''ll be outside the house most the time so if something were to happen you''d be able to get to it. If most the candles are jar candles that''ll be even better, I''ve let one of those burn for over 24 hours before (accidnetally) never had a problem (other than my heart stopping when I realized it). I like the rose petal idea...but thinking of walking into a room lit with candles is sooooo romantic.

19.gif
That has got the be the most unique romantic most memorable proposal I''ve heard.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Sounds soooooooooooooooo nice!!!!!
9.gif

I agree with Caribou - just do a couple candles and make them the kind that are fully inside a jar/votive so they can''t tip over (and make sure your cat if you have one can''t get in there
1.gif
) and time it so they''re just lit for a minute before she comes home.

SUCH a romantic proposal though!!!!
9.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
LOVE this!
30.gif
You are going to WOW her! Just a thought- you might want to pick out a nice outfit for her to put in in the bedroom with a note- "put this on please"- then she''ll be all ready for a night on the town to celebrate your special day!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! Good suggestion!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - sounds beautiful and well thought out. As for the candles - being the daugther or a Fire Captain makes me paranoid.

http://www.littlebrightlights.com/site/1435548/page/620459

Try these - i use them instead of candles - they are under $3 each. They flicker and look very real, and are cool to have for pumpkins, nightlights, etc.

GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results