shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Mircropave Ring by Mark Turnowski

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winnie

Rough_Rock
I have to say that I have had the most wonderful experience with Mark Turnowski at Engagementringsdirect.com.

I live in New York and have access to everyone on 47th Street and in 580 Fifth Avenue. My boyfriend was going to buy a certain stone at another vendor until I turned to Pricescope because I just didn''t feel great about what we were getting. But we kept getting the "you''ll find nothing better....!" by the other vendor. I knew deep down we would find something better and after finding Mark through Pricescope, we did!

I was looking for a cushion cut stone set in a very dainty mircopave halo setting - easy, right ? Wrong. I found one at Harry Winston and another at Cartier and was really set on getting that particular look . However, I was finding at many places on 47th street and around town a plethora of clunky and well, sort of run of the mill versions- sorry guys! I had found a jeweler that had that very skinny "Harry Winston" look and was set on having this jeweler do the ring. However, the stones he was offering were just OK.. I was so married to this setting, that I was very nervous to deviate from my plan of getting it from Jeweler Number One.

On a lark, I called Mark. He lined up 5 cushions for us and they all were lovely. On a first take, the stones were much nicer than anything we saw previously. Mark was also $500 less on a better grade stone and $600 less on the setting. However, I was still nervous about Mark''s setting partner custom making the ring. I gave him a picture and crossed my fingers.

Long story short, I got the most perfect ring- one of the women in my office asked me if I got it at Harry Winston!. It is perfect, the workmanship is amazing. It is a 1.71 cushion cut , F color , sI2. It looks amazing and sparkles like crazy! The setting is exact and the quality is amazing- a custom made setting, at least to me. makes a tremendous difference.

Mark is a pleasure ot work with and I have sent my co-worker and my brother, who were both equally impressed by his professionalism, pricing and quality.

I will post pix as soon as I can get an "unblurry" image.

I highly recommend Mark- trust me, I am very picky and precise and I am over the moon!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I skipped over the 4 (er 5?) paragraphs of text with a rapid heartbeat, only to see to my absolute horror there were NO PICTURES!!!

TEASE!

Even a blurry one would be nice.
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto, mara! pictures, now! please!

peace, movie zombie

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hate to be demanding, but pics really are a must here! Especially with an attention grabbing headline like that!! It sounds gorgeous!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I can''t wait for the pics!!!
36.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
pictures, please! We here on PS LIVE for pictures!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2005 9:22:19 PM
Author:winnie

I will post pix as soon as I can get an 'unblurry' image.
Set 'Macro setting' (probably done already), take a bit more distance from the stone than done already, use strong light but no flash, aim a bit over the ring and ... well, hope it works :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
see, this is called SHOW me the ring, not tell me about it
2.gif
we''d gladly take a blurry pic
3.gif

winnie

Rough_Rock
ok- will try tonight- the blurry is just so bad and the ring is so great- hold on everyone!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{{I skipped over the 4 (er 5?) paragraphs of text with a rapid heartbeat, only to see to my absolute horror there were NO PICTURES!!! }}}}}

Ditto!
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Pics!! Pics!! Pics!!
2.gif
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on getting your dream ring...now chop chop with the
emphoto.gif
!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
A cushion cut with tiny halo !!

I''m dying here!!

When I saw the post, I scanned it so fast looking for the pics. And I always read the text before the looking at the pics, REALLY !

Take the pics, please. A custom by Mark - I want to see.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2005 11:46:16 AM
Author: Ann
A cushion cut with tiny halo !!

I''m dying here!!

When I saw the post, I scanned it so fast looking for the pics. And I always read the text before the looking at the pics, REALLY !

Take the pics, please. A custom by Mark - I want to see.
I did the same thing.... I scrolled down so fast and thought I missed it. So I scrolled back UP and still didn''t see any.

Hey... what''s up w/ THAT??!!??
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I confess to never reading the long posts until I see pictures. Then maybe I go back and read the post, depending on how I feel.
5.gif

But it''s all about the PICTURES.
30.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2005 2:11:10 PM
Author: Mara
I confess to never reading the long posts until I see pictures. Then maybe I go back and read the post, depending on how I feel.
5.gif

But it''s all about the PICTURES.
30.gif

Oh, yeah...I agree!! I LOVE the PICTURES!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
mmmmm still waiting too!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations- the ring sounds gorgeous! Mark is the cushion king!!!
Cant wait to see more pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I can''t wait for those pics, tick tock!!!
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I keep checking back...such a tease!

fatguy

Rough_Rock
I just came from Mark''s office and completely agree about how much of a pleasure it is to work with him. I have been to alot of vendors on 47th street and across the city but nobody knows cushions the way he does. Not only did he show me some beautiful stones (both Cushion Brilliant and Cushion Modified Brilliant) but he educated me on various things regarding cushions that I''ve overlooked. I spent about 90 minutes with him that was easily the most enjoyable 90 minutes of my ering quest to date.

That being said, it just so happens that I''m looking for the same type of ring and setting that Mark just made for you. My girlfriend wants the Harry Winston micro-pave look, and I''ve been trying to find somebody that can make what I want. Mark claims he can, and to be honest I completely believe him! He mentioned that he just made the same ring for you..he pointed me to this post but alas there are no pictures yet!!! If you really want to help Mark out, post some pictures so I can give him my business also!! ;-)

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

Where are those pics missy!?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~LOL!! Angel, that smiley is too cute!!!
2.gif

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi all! crazed at work and have not had a moment to do the pictures-
Fatguy- if you are in nyc- i will gladly show you the ring in person- it is exact...
how big do you want the stone to be b/c if the stone is a honker, at least to me, it will be overwhelming....minie is a 1.71 and it looks like a 2.5 ct or so with the halo...

will try pix again tonight- and NO i don''t have this macro thing on the camera- that is where the problem stems from!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I too am despirately waiting to see pictures of your treasure!!!

Maybe you need a new camera???
11.gif

By the way:
Author: winnie
Fatguy- if you are in nyc- i will gladly show you the ring in person-
PLEASE don''t meet a stranger to show him/her your ring!
23.gif
Surely online pictures will do!!

widget

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
What a tease!! I saw your post and thought you had posted some pics
39.gif
your ring sounds just gorgeous and I''m just dying to see some pics hehe!

fatguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 10:48:16 AM
Author: widget

11.gif

By the way:

PLEASE don''t meet a stranger to show him/her your ring!
23.gif

widget
But I''m trustworthy!! ;-)

If you''re close to Mark we could meet in his office (if it''s ok with him ;-) if it makes everyone more comforatble...

If not, I live in midtown (25th st) and work downtown. I pm''d you my work email and contact info...I could even bring a camera so everyone else gets to see ;-)

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL...please don''t take my admonishment personally, fatguy...I was speaking in general terms about meeting strangers to show them diamonds..

...I could even bring a camera so everyone else gets to see ;-)
If winnie doesn''t get off the stick pretty soon and post pictures of her ring, I''m going to start rooting for that meeting!
3.gif

widget

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, I think they should meet at Mark''s so fatguy can take photos.
9.gif
That''s my vote!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 11:08:26 AM
Author: fatguy

Date: 12/1/2005 10:48:16 AM
Author: widget

11.gif

By the way:

PLEASE don't meet a stranger to show him/her your ring!
23.gif

widget
But I'm trustworthy!! ;-)

If you're close to Mark we could meet in his office (if it's ok with him ;-) if it makes everyone more comforatble...

If not, I live in midtown (25th st) and work downtown. I pm'd you my work email and contact info...I could even bring a camera so everyone else gets to see ;-)
I'm not sure whether to laugh, or not! I certainly wouldn't want to meet somebody named FatGuy in person that I met on line to show him my ring....OMG
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results