• 30-31

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 32-33

• 36 and older

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock

In response to the many polls/threads regarding age and what the "right" age is to get engaged/married, I thought I would post a poll that would question when *you* think the best age is to get married.

I know it''s all relative and that people grow at different rates, but please post when *you* got married (at what age) or if you are not married, at what age *you* would LIKE to get married if you could pick ANY age.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to chuckle at the age breakdowns here ... I''m 38, never married, now engaged. I think you''d be suprised at how many ladies in metro areas will fall into the 36+ category -- but I suppose we''re mature enough not to be insulted at being lumped together (hee hee). I''m gonna hate checking off those 40-45 or 40-54 boxes ... not because I think those ages are "old" at all, but just cause ... c''mon ... we all still feel 25, don''t we?

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2005 9:40:50 PM
Author: decodelighted
I had to chuckle at the age breakdowns here ... I''m 38, never married, now engaged. I think you''d be suprised at how many ladies in metro areas will fall into the 36+ category -- but I suppose we''re mature enough not to be insulted at being lumped together (hee hee). I''m gonna hate checking off those 40-45 or 40-54 boxes ... not because I think those ages are ''old'' at all, but just cause ... c''mon ... we all still feel 25, don''t we?
Hi Decodelighted, I just didn''t know where to have the "cutoff" (for lack of a better word), mostly I stopped at 36 because I was tired of entering options.
2.gif
I hope that you or anyone else is not insulted.
4.gif
I think age is purely a chronological amount of the time spent in the world, as my quote says "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"~so true!!

Anyways, I thought it would be an interesting poll since so many people have opinions of when a good time to get married and engaged is, I wanted to know what is PERSONALLY best for the individual. Thanks for the response!

It seems so far that people think mid-twenties... interesting....

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I think the "right age" is different for everyone. For my husband and I, the right age was when we both had stable, good jobs and have saved enough money to purchase a home. We knew we were going to get married, it was just a matter of when these things worked out. I was 23 and he was 26, been dating 5-1/2 years, when we got married. I had a few people from work tell me I am too young to be getting married.
29.gif
You can be 50 and not be ready for marriage. Age sometimes have nothing to do with it. For us, nothing felt more right.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kalispera:

Well you are right from several perspectives: Most younger gals think they will be some form of an "old maid" unless they get married in their 20''s.

Most guys seem to desire a gal in their 20''s somewhat regardless of their age once they get into the 20''s;
9.gif
even when they want a more emotionally mature woman for other forms of emotional support.

Of course, as us guys do get older, we of course look for all those "over 36" gals (why are good ones so hard to find?)

Perry

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Decodelighted,
You made me seriously laugh out loud. I am 37, was 36 when we got engaged, will be 38 when married. If you asked me years ago, I would''ve thought I''d be engaged and married by 28, but I''m really glad that I waited for the RIGHT person. Yes, I''m a city dweller. Most of my friends are in their 30s and not married yet either. I''m what you might call a serial monogamer...each guy was fine for the time. This guy is the "forever" guy, though. I''m glad I waited, I''ve grown and changed so much.

That''s not meant to be a cut for anyone and everyone marrying younger! I think it''s highly personal, and there is no RIGHT age. I was very slow to mature. I needed and wanted my crazy time, wasn''t ready to give up that "college" life style for a long time. The time to commit comes at different times for different people.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a trick question.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well i voted on when we got married (i was 29), but i don''t necessarily think that it was the "right" age to get married, it was just about TIMING of meeting each other and it being right and then when we got engaged and married etc. so i voted but i don''t think that it was the "right" answer.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2005 11:11:30 PM
Author: Tybee
Decodelighted,
You made me seriously laugh out loud. I am 37, was 36 when we got engaged, will be 38 when married. If you asked me years ago, I would''ve thought I''d be engaged and married by 28, but I''m really glad that I waited for the RIGHT person. Yes, I''m a city dweller. Most of my friends are in their 30s and not married yet either. I''m what you might call a serial monogamer...each guy was fine for the time. This guy is the ''forever'' guy, though. I''m glad I waited, I''ve grown and changed so much.
Same exact experience here, ladies......didn''t get engaged until I was 38; married one month before turning 39. Tybee, I feel precisely the same way.....I thought I''d be married much earlier, but SO thankful that I didn''t sell out and waited for the RIGHT man for me. He is everything I''ve ever wanted, and 20 other things I didn''t even know I wanted until I met him.

I''m glad I waited too.....was SO much clearer on what I really wanted that I knew instantly he was the right match for me.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
IMO, the right age to get married is when you are ready. My parents (who are in their 40s) got married at 20 but were both out of college for me that would have been way too young. I have other friends who are nearly 30 and just dont seem emitionally ready for such a serious commitment.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I should have clarified. I didn't mean to imply that there is a "right" age to get married. I completely do not believe that there is a "right" age to get married, as people grow at different rates, and the experiences that people have affect them in different ways. It's "right" for different people at different times, and I wanted to know when that time and what age that was for the people on this forum.

Having said that, I was curious at what age all you married gals got married. I also wanted to know what age the ladies in waiting on this forum thought was good for THEM to get married.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I voted 24-25, but my actual preference is 23-25. I wish I could''ve picked more than one...

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
For me I''m ready now...33. I was engaged before at 26, when I look back at that time I realize that I wasn''t ready and that the guy I was with was not the guy for me. I feel more secure in myself now than I ever have. I really like myself.....that''s key to a successful...well anything. For some people that may come way before 33...just depends on the person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results