shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to share a ring design I just made...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anchor,
I love the design you came up with. The trellis is so pretty and saw a ring just like it many years ago, it was made by Lazare Kaplan. They had the same twisted braid for the shank. It''s lovely. I''d let the dolphins stay in the water where they belong, haha.
2.gif
Good luck!!
1.gif

bedazzled101

Rough_Rock
it would still look exactly how you designed it...but only when you look closer you see a little unique secret for him
18.gif
3.gif
18.gif
...plus it will be truly unique to your ring...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
what a pretty design...i love trellis settings!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Dolphins? I take he saw and loved Independence Day? Will Smith plans on proposing with a ring that sounds exactly like what you described...
Anyway your design is wonderful, simple with a bit of flair and definitely not going out of style.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen Independance Day in a long time, so I don''t remember what it looks like. But he is a movie buff and it might be his inspiration. I really hope he agrees on designing it together, it would be a really fun and exciting thing to do together.

bedazzled - Your solution might just be the answer to our problem, assuming he likes it. Thanks!

Anyway, I''ll suggest that we design it together and I''ll se what happens! I''ll keep you posted.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Anchor...I think thats a good idea...that way its what *both* of you want. My ring design is a combo of my favorite and his favorite ring (although actually more of his), and we both love it, and its what we both want.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2005 12:18:31 PM
Author: anchor31
I haven''t seen Independance Day in a long time, so I don''t remember what it looks like. But he is a movie buff and it might be his inspiration. I really hope he agrees on designing it together, it would be a really fun and exciting thing to do together.

bedazzled - Your solution might just be the answer to our problem, assuming he likes it. Thanks!

Anyway, I''ll suggest that we design it together and I''ll se what happens! I''ll keep you posted.
Sorry I was being a goof, that was just the frist image that pooped into my head, I dont think I have seen the movie since 7th grade or so.
I think the design image you came up with is great and perhaps if he see that is what you would imagine for yourself he can take it and run with it, make it something that is both of you.

bedazzled101

Rough_Rock
I''m glad I could bo of assistance to you...
21.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you stopped that Dolphin Talk!

Great ring design!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thank goodness! I just got off the phone with my SO.

He was taunting me about my Christmas present (he knows how curious I am...
11.gif
) and I changed the subject by asking if he meant he wanted to design it himself when he said he wanted something original as my engagement ring. He said no, but he said he wanted something unique and was ready to put money on it because I''ll be wearing it for the rest of my life and it''s worth it. Apparently, he talked with a collegue who told him that money hadn''t been an issue when he proposed to his wife because it''s something special, and the woman of your life deserves it. She''s the one who wears the ring! (I owe so much to that man!!!
9.gif
) So I answered that that was why I said I didn''t want a dolphin. It''s just not what I imagine for myself. He laughed and said that I probably prefered "a big rock", and I answered I didn''t really care for solitaires, but I do adore diamond bands, and then I had to stop myself before I got carried away...
2.gif
I said I didn''t care if he paid 500$ or 5000$ for it as long as he respects my wishes and it''s something I really loved, and since he''s expressed an interest for something different, I sat down and had some fun designing one myself. He laughed again and said he doesn''t want to give me a "cheap ring", but wasn''t planning on spending 15000$ either. So I said I understand that, I just wanted to make sure he went for something I would never want to take off, regarless of the price, and I offered to send him ideas. He said ok, but it won''t be this year.

I wasn''t expecting it this year either, I''m very surprised at how far it went this year. I hadn''t expected him to look for rings for Chistmas...

So yay! I''ll be sending him that yummy design I made and the trellis ring and the twisted shank ring for reference. I know I''ll have to wait for him to save the money, but it''ll be worth it!
36.gif

Thanks for everything, ladies.
10.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that y''all are getting on the same page!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results