shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions about some Cushions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatguy

Rough_Rock
Hey fellow rock hunters! Long time listener, first time poster...

I have some certs from a feww cushion cuts I''ve been looking at after checking out the NYC DD. I''m hesitant to post the prices I was quoted, even though I''ve checked them out and I believe them to be fair. I did a lot of comparison shopping between 7 different shops...here''s what I liked:

Shape: CUSHION MODIFIED BRILLIANT
Measurements: 6.73 x 6.50 x 4.30 mm
Weitht: 1.56 carat
Depth: 66.2%
Table: 60%
Girdle: SLIGHTLY THICH TO VERY THICK, FACETED
Culet: NONE
Polish: GOOD
Symmetry: GOOD
Clarity: VS1
Color: E
Fluorescence: NONE
Comments: NONE

Measurements: 7.83 x 6.35 x 4.09 mm
Weitht: 1.75 carat
Depth: 64.4%
Table: 58%
Girdle: THIN TO EXTREMELY THICK, FACETED
Polish: VERY GOOD
Clarity: VS2
Color: G

Vendor: Shenoa & Co.
Measurements: 6.75 x 6.72 x 4.48 mm
Weitht: 1.70 carat
Depth: 66.7%
Table: 61%
Girdle: MEDUIM TO VERY THICK, FACETED
Polish: VERY GOOD
Clarity: VS1
Color: I
Comments: Crown angles greater thean 40 degrees

Vendor: Golda
Measurements: 6.99 x 6.60 x 4.77 mm
Weitht: 1.72 carat
Depth: 72.3%
Table: 63%
Girdle: MEDUIM TO VERY THICK, FACETED
Polish: GOOD
Clarity: SI1
Color: H
Fluorescence: FAINT

Please provide any feedback you deem necessary. I liked the Golda stone, and it really had a "fire" brilliance to it..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Fatguy welcome! Glad you finally decided to join in the fun
36.gif
I am no expert on cushions unfortunately but this will bump your thread so that the right people will see it in a little time.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Fatguy, I too don''t know much about cushions (will leave it to the expert team here on Pricescope) but I love them. It looks like you''ve chosen a great size range. Some lady is going to be very lucky indeed!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much more than size shows from the numbers - there is no way to guess how brilliant these are or even how exactly they look etc.

The second is so much larger than the rest, that it makes it easy though - if I could call in just one, it would be that. VS2 doesn''t leave allot of room for surprises either.

You may want to run a search for "Shenoa" on this forum, and check out prices too.

It would be great to be able to comment on cut details and brilliance etc, but for a fancy shape that would require some sort of detailed pictures (I''d love Ideal Scope or ASET ones!) or a 3D scan (complete version of Sarin - in the form of a .srn file). The slight benefit of these things even if you do get to see the stones in person is that they give an idea of how much better is actually feasible without the need to comb though an impossible amount of real diamonds for side by side comparison. The hard part - well, one needs to know when to stop ''splitting hairs''.

Orange

Rough_Rock
To be perfectly honest, I would keep looking. I purchased a cushion last spring, and it took me about four months (which might be extreme).

here''s my 2 cents on each option:

1: It seems like you are looking at stones in a wide range of colors (E-I) and clarity (VS1-SI1). Personally, i would not pay the premium for an E VS1 and sacrifice size, especially if you''re willing to go down to I.

2: The numbers on this one sound the best to me, but it is probably quite elongated (vs square). What shape do you prefer? I like plumper stones, but it''s a matter of personal preference.

3: Do not purchase from Shenoa. Search the boards or PM me for more info.

4: 72.3% is very deep, even for a cushion. Combined with a thick girdle, you are probably losing some spread here. I targeted my search on cushions with a 60-68% depth.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results