shape
carat
color
clarity

asking her father / mother? opinions??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ibelly

Rough_Rock
I have somewhat of a different situation....My g/f''s parents live in another country so I don''t see them a whole lot. They both will be here for 10 days after Thanksgiving which gives me some time to have "the talk". My g/f lives an hour away, so that poses another slight dilema. Here are my questions...

I plan on asking permission to marry their only daughter in person......Should I ask him after I get off of work one day and drive the hour to "talk" with him A) just him and I at a bar or something relaxed like that?
B)take him out to dinner and ask there?
C)take both of her parents out to dinner and ask the both of them?

Due to the fact that they are not in the states often I am having to plan this more than just "finding an appropriate time when I have the opportunity".

Thanks in advance!
12.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should definitely ask both parents at the same time. I like (c) with your taking both of them out to dinner and asking them there.

JC

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Kim N. Before I proposed to my wife I met with her parents privately and had "the talk". I never quite understood the importance of doing it until after it was over. My relationship with her parents became closer, and the gesture was greatly appreciated and respected by them as well. My wife said that it was the most thoughtful thing that I could have ever done. It''s an experience that never sinks in or hits home until after the fact when you can look back at it and appreciate its significance. Good luck and best wishes....

35.gif

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Definitely (c)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results