shape
carat
color
clarity

Difference between G and F color - Is there a visible difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clmaclean

Rough_Rock
Is there a visible difference between F and G color of a round diamond? Would you go F and Ideal or G and Premium/Very good.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on the cut quality, shape, size (ct. wt.)of the stone, and your color acuity.

What looks best to your eye?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends on your eye. Some people on here say they can see the difference between D and F. Others say D and E. Others say D and H. But the D/E/F designations are colorless range. G is right after F. In my book that makes it still pretty darn colorless. Also I have a G stone and it looks really white. Then again my stone reflects alot of white light back as a BIC.

You mention F ID or G VG. What is the price difference? If they were the same, I'd choose F Ideal..why not? What is your priority...color over cut? Cut over color? I'd choose cut over color...ideal all the way. So that again means F. But if the G VG is better for your budget, chances are you are fine there too. Preference
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
In the real world ~

It doesn't matter! They will look the same. You get the diamond out of that sterile
world of great lights and machines that can tell what diamond performs and what
does not and into the average light, limiting conditions and grease and dust. The
limited viewing is not under a microscope but at a distance.

Don't beat yourself up on the it, but a good question.

The Grudge

Rough_Rock
My appraiser graded my G as an F.....If he can't tell the difference, then Joe Shmo will definately not be able to tell the difference.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond in a mounting , your right even an appraiser has to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results